Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy NOW?
Baleno 98 60.49%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 17:56   #46

My choice obviously a Baleno...Jap car = car for years without hassles !!
Old 14th March 2006, 18:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

n_c, my comments were about the poll and the results, not about the quality of the cars or which one is better. The poll is about "which car of the two would you buy now?".
Old 14th March 2006, 18:25   #48
BANNED

I can't believe that people are jumping to conclusions based on a total of 51 votes!
Old 14th March 2006, 18:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
I can't believe that people are jumping to conclusions based on a total of 51 votes!
Psephologists and statisticians would probaby say that 51 votes is a pretty good sample size
Old 14th March 2006, 18:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Psephologists and statisticians would probaby say that 51 votes is a pretty good sample size
Based on what overall population figure?
Old 14th March 2006, 19:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Dude - thats uncalled for ! the baleno as a car is outdated compared to the Fiesta. just because people in this market are JAP CRAZY and buy the baleno because its from MUL ( thinking about this point - maybe people are least bothered what they are buying if as long as its a MUL product speaks volumes for the company not the car ) or the fact that it wins this poll - in no way makes it a better car than the Fiesta.

Maybe you would disagree - i can see that in ur nickname and avtaar !
Couldn't agree more, I dont want to say any further as I am scared off the onslaught from our freind...
Old 14th March 2006, 20:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

am shocked but not surprised to see what a brand name like maruti can do to a 11 year old car.

Wow!
Old 14th March 2006, 20:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
am shocked but not surprised to see what a brand name like maruti can do to a 11 year old car.

Wow!
When Ford launched Ikon, they were saying its designed in India etc etc.. giving the impression that its a new car.. only when I went to UK that I was shocked to see old Fiesta hatchback's with Ikon shape in the front. So New Ikon = 2 generations old Fiesta + Boot !!

God only knows what is "New" about the Indian Fiesta !!
Old 14th March 2006, 21:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
When Ford launched Ikon, they were saying its designed in India etc etc.. giving the impression that its a new car.. only when I went to UK that I was shocked to see old Fiesta hatchback's with Ikon shape in the front. So New Ikon = 2 generations old Fiesta + Boot !!

God only knows what is "New" about the Indian Fiesta !!

Its the same platform that has been revised specially for the Indian Market this time around. but the modifications are enough to call it a new car.

and yes Ikon is similar to the hatchback you saw but what ford meant was that the sedan was built to handle the Indian market. Just imagine how they have played with the words to corrupt the consumers mind

but still fiesta is miles bette than buying a baleno. its like comparing bade bhaiyya with dadaji
Old 14th March 2006, 21:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

I guess people are missing the point of this poll. The poll is not which is the better car, but which car would you buy NOW in the present time. Most people currently owning a Baleno are still vouching for it. Though I am not sure that those who are voting for Baleno would buy it NOW or an year later, simply caz its dated.
Its like if the poll was which is a better Heroine between Rekha and Kareena, than most people would vote for Rekha, who is an overall better actress of her time... but if the poll was which heroine do you like NOW, fantasize about, would like to see in a movie, than the answer is Kareena.... To make example more clear, which heroine would you rather marry NOW? Rekha or Kareena, since they are both single? Even though Rekha might have been sexier in her time, but currently we will all marry Kareena

Last edited by aseem : 14th March 2006 at 21:33.
Old 14th March 2006, 21:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
people would vote for Rekha, who is an overall better actress of her time
I don't consider Rekha to be a good actress at all. She has been doing a lot of angry young woman kinda movies recently. Nothing wrong with that but she has such a Amitabh Bachchan fixation that she tries to modulate her voice to make it sound like Amitabh's!

But I agree with your point. Unless any of the members here have a thing for older women, I am sure most would go for Kareena. I, prsonally, would take Kareena over Ashwariya. I find Kareena more sexy and real then the Ex Miss World.
Old 14th March 2006, 22:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
But I agree with your point. Unless any of the members here have a thing for older women, I am sure most would go for Kareena. I, prsonally, would take Kareena over Ashwariya. I find Kareena more sexy and real then the Ex Miss World.
I agree, Kareena has a gr8 body, and a great (lil chubby) figure.....
In Fiesta terms, she has OK exterior (not too good, not too bad), has great interiors, she is not dated, and has plenty to play with under the hood and is overall costlier and doesnt have discounts compared to the DATED Rekha (Baleno)

Some might want a wife like Rekha who is problem free, old, dated exterior and interior, great stamina (spelt engine) and low cost of ownership (spelt running costs)... meant Baleno

I rather would want a wife like Kareena, I would want her to be young, good exterior, good interior, new features to play with, high cost of running.... meant Fiesta

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2006 at 22:41.
Old 15th March 2006, 06:25   #58

Voted For Baleno

I just booked a baleno last week and should be geting the delivery this friday.
honestly, for quite some time i was shunting between the fiesta and the baleno...infact i was to buy a car in dec'05 but delayed my decision only because i wanted to see how the fiesta fairs.

I've been hearing so much stuff in this poll bout this market that is Jap crazy......bogged by discounts......etc...etc.
Now i'm slightly confused........why would a market be jap crazy...is it coz the huge population is just out of its wits.....or Japanese makes truly have stood up to worldclass standards...infact i would say better in most cases.

Also, why is it so hard for us to accept the fact that yeah we are a market where people consider value for money not only in terms of how new a thing is......but in what the returns are. And honestly i glad that my decision was not based on simple snob value of new or tad bit better looking.
I booked the baleno for the following reasons:
Engine - Old but damn it shows fiesta the dust. So the paradox... an engine built later than baleno....cant fair up......i dont know then which one is dated.
FE - Baleno all the way.
Space - Baleno all the way.
Peace of Mind / Reliability - Hell yeah Baleno.

I guess i've rambled quite a bit...here's the point though....I dont really understand how the newness of a make comes into play ( barring Resale), when an older technology is still outperforming the new one on most standards.
Old 15th March 2006, 09:16   #59
BHPian

Well, I guess time may have a different tale to tell.. Baleno for a long time was not selling as well as it does today. But who knows, if Maruti launches its swift sedan version, people might want to go with the new age looks..

Having said that, the other side of the story is - who would have been able to predict that a Wagon R can outsell Zen in the Indian market..

I think the prime consideration one needs to have while buying a car is personal satisfaction/X-factor. Different medicine for different people.

Same car cannot be appealing to everybody, just like if everybody found Aishwarya Rai the best heroine, then, why are the others even in business!

Any decision that we attempt to make on whether a car is new/old/proven/cool may all be just speculation.. And has a potential to cause heart (or pocket :P ) burn!

If you are personally convinced the car you are buying is indeed the one for you, there is no reason why you will not be satisfied even after a while..
Old 15th March 2006, 10:27   #60
BHPian

Baleno all the way for me guys. Couldn't agree more with SupremeBaleno. Its more roomy, more comfortable, more fuel efficient, easier maintenence, much much better performance. Overall an ideal family car. IMHO, Just because the Fiesta is newer and looks better does not make it a better car. My vote goes for the Baleno without a shadow of a doubt

Great thread though........................Kareena, Rekha and Aishwarya!!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 15th March 2006 at 10:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed