Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy NOW?
Baleno 98 60.49%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 11:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
They have discountinued the Gypsy and if you remember another model of the Maruti Van with a yucky roof.
maruti gypsy is still available for sale on special order. and the yucky roof doesnt make the car a different model my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
maybe not obvious for a lot of us - please state your reasons.

now that wont be bad - would it ... - a sedan that can outperform newcomers at that price ..
and not that the competition is getting light-years ahead in terms of technology that they are bringing to india - just a new name and a few corrections over their earlier offerings, thats it .

the maruti 1000 ...
Please dont argue for the sake of arguing. Its an old gen of esteem to remind you. for the rest of your answers please read what supremebaleno has written.

coming back to the topic after all the discussions I am still for Ford fiesta. its time Indians understand that Japanese and Maruti are not everything.

Its the baleno's engine that is virtuous. without the engine the car is nothing. and there are cars with better engines out there.
Old 16th March 2006, 12:09   #77
BHPian

When an older technology is still outperforming the new one on most standards. (as rage said)

Baleno scores in FE, Handling, power, price

So what dose Fiesta (The new Generation car) score in......only looks I guess?

"Its the baleno's engine that is virtuous. without the engine the car is nothing." (devarshi84)

guess thats why is a better car than the Fiesta.
Old 16th March 2006, 12:16   #78
BHPian

VOTED FOR FIESTA

In most parameters- space, F.E, performance, etc. etc. , The Baleno and Fiesta are comparable- Allright the Baleno is waaay more fun to drive. But the Fiesta ain't too bad too. Where the Baleno fails is build quality, exterior design-esp the rear, Interiors dated and the clincher is horrible crude interior plastics. I've owned a baleno for about eight months now. Can't wait to pay off my finance and get myself a Fiesta 1.6/ City VTec.
Old 16th March 2006, 12:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat
When an older technology is still outperforming the new one on most standards. (as rage said)

Baleno scores in FE, Handling, power, price

So what dose Fiesta (The new Generation car) score in......only looks I guess?
Guys, guys, its just that we do not have much feedback yet on Fiesta, there are a handful of us on Team-bhp and we are still learning; we FEEL that its THE car to buy now and we have.......at the moment, having done approx 1500 kms only in my Fiesta 1.6sxi, I can only say I FEEL the handling and the power is BETTER than a Baleno; the Baleno definitely scores on price and FE.

A new generation car (and an old generation one for that matter) scores on the basis of owners feedback and I hardly think enough time has gone by for the Fiesta owners to comprehensively list pluses & minuses.......having said that, as of now, I'm GLAD I bought one as its been a pretty pleasant experience so far......
Old 16th March 2006, 12:33   #80
BHPian

The Baleno may offer value for money, and may sport a good engine, but it looks dated and the interiors look like something from the 1980s. Honestly, when was the last time you saw sliding AC controls leaving huge gaps in the dashboard in a C segment car? And if you have driven both the vehicles, you will know that the Fiesta engine is definitely much sweeter than the Baleno, and has a beautiful gear shift to complement it. The interiors of both cars are cramped for a six footer like me, and so that does not count in my opinion
Old 16th March 2006, 13:13   #81
BHPian

Voted for the Baleno. more specifically the LXi. Its even cheaper than the Fiesta 1.4 after adding alloys and a stereo. Plus it comes with a 2 yr warranty. For me, the only area where it loses out to the Fiesta is its build. The fiesta is definitely more solidly built which could hold you in good stead if you met with an accident.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Guys, guys, its just that we do not have much feedback yet on Fiesta, there are a handful of us on Team-bhp and we are still learning; we FEEL that its THE car to buy now and we have.......at the moment, having done approx 1500 kms only in my Fiesta 1.6sxi, I can only say I FEEL the handling and the power is BETTER than a Baleno; the Baleno definitely scores on price and FE.

A new generation car (and an old generation one for that matter) scores on the basis of owners feedback and I hardly think enough time has gone by for the Fiesta owners to comprehensively list pluses & minuses.......having said that, as of now, I'm GLAD I bought one as its been a pretty pleasant experience so far......
I would agree with you on that count - the fiesta has hardly been here for 3-4 months and as far as ownership and maintainence issues are concerned, nobody has got a fair chance to evaluate it ...
Agreed that most of the baleno guys have had a very good ownership experience - but lets not badger the fiesta based on fords reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
coming back to the topic after all the discussions I am still for Ford fiesta. its time Indians understand that Japanese and Maruti are not everything.
And we are still in the dark about your reasons for the same - I hope its not the boring old japs vs americans stuff again ... please spare us that crap
Old 16th March 2006, 13:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
The Fiesta 1.6 is but not as spacious as the Baleno
i dont know what to say !
Old 16th March 2006, 13:37   #84
BHPian

fiesta 1.6 ofcourse.. who wants to drive in a old car anymore.. atleast not me..
Old 16th March 2006, 14:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
i dont know what to say !
Well, I never had a very close look at the Fiesta. But from what I saw, it does look smaller than the Baleno and the interior also does not seem to be as spacious.
They have put up a stall today at Tidel Park and also have a car on display, but could not find any testdrive car. If available, would try and see.
Old 16th March 2006, 15:10   #86
BHPian

Hi All, took delivery of a baleno lxi today. IMHO compared to fiesta 1.4, baleno lxi is better VFM and thats what drove me to buy Baleno.
Old 16th March 2006, 15:17   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1
Hi All, took delivery of a baleno lxi today. IMHO compared to fiesta 1.4, baleno lxi is better VFM and thats what drove me to buy Baleno.
Hi Chandras1, if you read the first post (or even the voting buttons on this poll), this was supposed to be a comaprison between the Fiesta 1.6 & the Baleno; the Fiesta 1.4 Petrol & Diesel were outside the purview of this poll.
Old 16th March 2006, 15:31   #88
BHPian

OOps!

Hi Suman, overlooked that part. Well I didn't test drive fiesta 1.6 so I wont comment on that.

Even 6.5L was a stretch budget for me and in that price range, I found the LXI to be better VFM than anything else. (Accent GLE and Fiesta 1.4)

Btw, I reside at B'lore. In this part of the world, with 6.5 you can only get one of these ... :
Old 16th March 2006, 16:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

We can all argue until the cows come home..

Bottomline is .. Jo Jeetha wohi Sikandar.. hehehe
Old 16th March 2006, 17:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
We can all argue until the cows come home..
Bottomline is .. Jo Jeetha wohi Sikandar.. hehehe
spadival, I second that. Though, the results did not come as a big surprise to me.

And BTW, looks like there are more guys that prefer the power, reliability and rock-steady assurance that comes from age and maturity in say Sharon Stone / Julia Roberts / Rekha than the flimsy initial seductiveness of the Kareena types.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th March 2006 at 17:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks