Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 08:58   #1

Chevrolet Optra Royale

Hai

I am KP Gopala Krishnan . Planning to graduate to a higher vehicel from Zen which I have been using for the last three years. Plan is to go in for Optra Royale . Reasons

1. Very Roomy inside
2. Fairly good shape
3. Mileage i understand is around 11 to 12 kms
4. Has independent suspension with gas filled shox.

I understand that the engine is not the best in terms of power but felt that as i generally drive more often within the city , this should not be a constraint.

My close next was elantra in terms of the budget which is around 10 lakhs . It has got better looks in terms of streamlined features on the outside but was told that it has a mileage as low as 7 kms per litre apart from very low numbrs getting sold in Hyderabad( as low as three per month).
I would appreciate a honest feed back and any alternatives you have in mind

rgds
KP Gopala Krishnan

Last edited by Aditya : 16th March 2006 at 23:39.
Old 15th March 2006, 09:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.
Old 15th March 2006, 10:21   #3

Would also like to know what is the best price for Optra royal in Hyderabad. Is there a possible reduction expected in view of the reduction in small car prices
Old 15th March 2006, 10:23   #4

optra royale- price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopala Krishnan
Would also like to know what is the best price for Optra royal in Hyderabad. Is there a possible reduction expected in view of the reduction in small car prices
The Hyderabad dealer has given a overall 75 k reduction and the price on the road comes to around 9.5
Old 15th March 2006, 11:54   #5
BHPian

There is an offer going on for Optra where you have to pay for the base model and get an free upgrade for the next higher model. i saw this ad in TOI 2 days back.
Old 16th March 2006, 23:05   #6
BHPian

What the mileage that u can expect from the Optra ??
Old 17th March 2006, 00:07   #7
BHPian

u can expect around 10kmpl with optra

also as far as looks is concerned, elantra has no competition to optra
Old 17th March 2006, 09:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would personally recommend the cedia. Its cheaper than even the base version of corolla nad optra royale.

Its the most FE car in the segment more quicker than optra and looks sporty.

But if you have finalized on elantra and optra then here are the reasons for each car

elantra is a value for money proposition that all hyundai cars are. Service is an asset that you will enjoy. Car has loads of features. Car is not as quick as it may seem and the engine is still unrefined. even the looks are not great.

Optra royal is the topline model in its segment. best of the class interiors and ride quality. Its spacious and holds more poise value than elantra. Looks are the charm of this car. engine is unrefined and boring to drive. best if chaffeur driven

my personal choice would be the VFM and most FE car with decent power and looks and interiors

otherwise from your choice look at the optra for looks and luxury or elantra for VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks