Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:29   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Manza 1.3 Qjt OR Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi

Since your wife is carrying, I suggest you buy a car with the widest rear seat.

Child seats take up space.
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Since your wife is carrying, I suggest you buy a car with the widest rear seat. Child seats take up space.
Equally important is the accessibility to backseat. Try to place a car seat on the back seat of two different car models and you could feel the difference. But eventually you will get used to it though.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:14   #48
BHPian

Sam,

My best friend owns a Manza and is extremely pleased with it. The Car is 21 months old now and has clocked 42k kms. He had actually booked Punto from VST Chennai and since they did not deliver as promised and finally ended up buying Manza

I have driven the Car a few times from Bangalore to Cochin & back. The Manza is a great mile muncher and does not tire you on long drives. The handling is decent and high speed stability is good but not in the league of a Linea. The ride is cushy and the engine comes alive once you have the turbo kicking in at around 1.8-2k rpm.

The Car has awesome space and the boot is cavernous. The back seat comfort is heavenly.

The Fiesta Classic is a an enthusiast's Car and handles well and the steering response is superb. The driveability, esp in the City is good since the Turbo kicks in early at around 1500 rpm and the lag is not really felt. The Car is good up to 120 or so on the highway and then the engine starts to run out of breath due to lack of horses. And I have also found that on steep inclines where the Multijet can easily be driven in the 2nd gear the Figo's & Fiesta's needs to go to 1st to pull. Also keep in mid that the Fiesta's rear is cramped.

Now my bit of advice would be for you to test drive a Linea Diesel too before a final decision is made. To really appreciate the Car you should do a longer test drive. You should drive it on an empty stretch where you can stomp the accelerator + Drive it on broken tarmac too to experience it's magic carpet ride. The Car is a looker and is built like a Tank. If you found Fiesta's handling addictive then the Linea's Handling, Ride, Steering response & high speed stability is in a different league.

Now if you find the Linea expensive & out of your budget then please check with all the dealers in Bangalore they will surely have some 2011 model Cars and that will fetch you a hefty discount. The 2011 model's GC is low at 161mm but then you can get it increased to 185mm at a FIAT dealership for a fee

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 24th January 2012 at 00:25.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:22   #49
BHPian

If your'e going to forget the fact that you used to drive India's best common hatchback, and truly looking forward to a spacious car then go for the manza. It's positives outscore the negatives.

But, if you still want the go and have more space than your swift, then the old fiesta it is.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:30   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

As per your first update in this thread, your reason for upgrade is "FOR WANT OF COMFORT". So, if this is still the reason for upgrade then it should be Manza. If its for driving pleasure then its Fiesta Classic. But don't compromise on safety feature like ABS.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:58   #51
BHPian

Probably the first serious issue reported on on various ownership threads on the Manza -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2656052

A dedicated thread on issues related to the Manza (thankfully not a long thread) -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html

Just an FYI.

Offtopic: Anyone with first hand experience with a Manza which has clocked 70K+ kms? Would be interesting to know how it ages. This will best represent the overall quality.
Old 24th January 2012, 23:13   #52
BHPian

ok guys, Thanks for all your invaluable feedbacks I have finaly decided to go for the Fiesta Classic TDCi. Booking my Seagrey this week

My final assessments in favour of Fiesta Classic:-
1) Fiesta has been a preferred sedan for a long time. Lots of upper middle class people have opted for this car for all these years. And to me, this cannot be possible without a good suspension. I myself felt the rear suspension to be reasonably good. Miles ahead than my Swift definitely.

2) Handling and seating position is awesome. I am addicted. Iam bowled over.

3) Fiesta's braking capability also was quite impressive to me.

4) Enormous bootspace. I was surprised to find out that Fiesta has a bigger boot than Manza! Agree that rear seat is slightly cramped.

5) Powerful a/c.

6) After spending 8+ lacs, Fiesta meant 'class' to me despite the fact that it is slightly outdated.

Points against Manza :-
1) I can't imagine driving Manza after coming over from a Swift with 195 Yoko's. Mentioned about 195's bcoz that could rather define my attitude. I am a person who makes good use of those extra 30mm !!!

2) With four people is rear i felt Manza had an awesome suspension. But when I sat alone it didn't impress me too much the way people 'proclaim' about Manza's suspension. Nor did my wife and mom feel it too soft either sitting together in rear. This is subjective. But my cousin also felt the same. So my understanding on this is that 'more the people more the comfort' - typical Tata. Concept Held good for Tata Sumo once!!! Add to this some people complaining about rear bottoming out and body roll. I had same issue with Esteem way back.

3) My friend who bought a Nano made a visit to Concorde Service center Blr and he was saying that he saw a lot of Manza owners yelling at Tata technicians for something or the other. Both minor and components breakdowns. And the DSP was that Tata service is not effectively fixing customer notified issues in the first go! Moving on from Maruti this could irritate me.

4) Even now all praises about Manza (read as Tata's improvements) are from owners who havent done more than 50k. Any car for that matter will hold good in its initial few thousand kms or initial few yrs. Manza to me still has to prove more! And every 6 months Tata has something or the other to fix.

5) One of my friends said he felt a/c was slightly ineffective considering the enormous cabin space and he was looking for rear a/c addon now.

6) After spending 8+ lacs, I dont want anyone to ask me - "ohhhh u bought a Tata car for so much" !!!

So Fiesta TDCi walked away with the trophy as far as I am concerned.

PS: I don't intend to offend anyone. These are personal findings in the past few days or weeks.

Thanks once again to all and my only worry moving from Swift 1.3 DDiS to Fiesta 1.4 TDCi is that I wont be able to catch up to the BMW's or Civic's anymore on the highway OR make Innova/Scorpio drivers eat my dust :P, BUT THEN NOW I AM GONNA BE A DAD SOON, need to be more responsible

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 24th January 2012 at 23:41.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 07:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
ok guys, Thanks for all your invaluable feedbacks I have finaly decided to go for the Fiesta Classic TDCi. Booking my Seagrey this week

BUT THEN NOW I AM GONNA BE A DAD SOON, need to be more responsible
@Sam_sant

Congratulations on both the fronts-on buying the Fiesta and soon to be a dad. I am sure you will not regret the decision. Welcome to the Fiesta family. Wishing you many more mile of happy and responsible driving. Waiting for your ownership thread with lots of pics.
Old 25th January 2012, 16:09   #54
BHPian

Congrats @Sam_sant,

Welcome to Fiesta family. This is the best choice and it never let you down anywhere.
Old 25th January 2012, 16:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

That was some good summarization Sam.
You have logically explained your decision making process over the time through information and experienced gained from various sources.
Welcome to the Ford Family, bet you not going to be disappointed a bit

EDIT: But I also hope that you have gone through this thread as well . http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...s-manza-3.html
Just FYI, as the decision has already been made.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 25th January 2012 at 16:27.
Old 18th February 2012, 14:13   #56
BHPian

Only the matter quoted had appeared. Hence I removed the matter and wrote a fresh one.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 18th February 2012 at 14:17.
Old 14th March 2012, 17:14   #57
BANNED

Congarts @sam_sant2005. The car is really addictive. I have done 8k kms in just 3 months in my fiesta classic. The car has got go anywhere attitude and you will not get tired after long rides. I got 23 km/ltr in cochin - wayanad trip. Done 1050 km in full tank. That is some awesome mileage in hill area.
Old 15th March 2012, 23:55   #58
BHPian

This query is regarding my friend who is thinking of buying a diesel sedan. His choices are Manza and Etios diesel. He isn't willing to consider anything else. The driving will be mainly in the city with occasional trips on highways and usually it will be chauffeur driven. What's a better choice?
Old 26th March 2012, 13:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
The car is really addictive. I have done 8k kms in just 3 months in my fiesta classic. The car has got go anywhere attitude and you will not get tired after long rides. I got 23 km/ltr in cochin - wayanad trip. Done 1050 km in full tank. That is some awesome mileage in hill area.
When exactly did you take the car? Is it an LXi/CLxi/SXi model? Did you make any ownership thread here?

I have done around 9500 kms in 7 months. But it remained idle for about 45 days in between in the seven months.

You are absolutely correct: Even after driving 660 kms in a single day, from Hazaribag to Lucknow recently, I didn't feel tired at all. But I get an average of only 13.5 kms in the city, and around 19-20 kms on highway.

Vipin Kumar.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 26th March 2012 at 13:33.
Old 29th March 2012, 19:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
This query is regarding my friend who is thinking of buying a diesel sedan. His choices are Manza and Etios diesel. He isn't willing to consider anything else. The driving will be mainly in the city with occasional trips on highways and usually it will be chauffeur driven. What's a better choice?
If you ask me both cars have its pluses and minus. Manza as a package is far better, only let down to an extent is Tata vs Toyota, where Tata obviously is NOTHING in front of the mighty Toyota brand. I have rejected Etios ONLY bcoz of the cars NVH, unrefined engine, hard clutch and pathetic interiors. Manza on the contrary has all those good but only fear of niggles and TATA a.s.s. One statement which the Toyota person told me when he couldnt stand my points as a knowledged team-bhpian was - "Fiesta may hold good for 1-1.5 lac kms (after which possible engine work), swift/dzire may hold good for 2 lacs, but Etios he argued will good hold for an easy 4 lacs !!! Good to hear, but only if the car was good :( As of now to me, Etios is a straight taxi fit. Had it been a typical Toyota even priced higher by 50k I would have gone for it. So my suggestion (keeping in mind 'chauffer' driven as well), is the Manza (rear comfort to me is-THE-BEST-IN-MANZA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Congarts @sam_sant2005. The car is really addictive. I have done 8k kms in just 3 months in my fiesta classic. The car has got go anywhere attitude and you will not get tired after long rides. I got 23 km/ltr in cochin - wayanad trip. Done 1050 km in full tank. That is some awesome mileage in hill area.
Wow thats good to hear. What was your cruising speeds? I havent done any long trips yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
When exactly did you take the car? Is it an LXi/CLxi/SXi model? Did you make any ownership thread here?

You are absolutely correct: Even after driving 660 kms in a single day, from Hazaribag to Lucknow recently, I didn't feel tired at all. But I get an average of only 13.5 kms in the city, and around 19-20 kms on highway.

Vipin Kumar.
Mine is a LXi. I had my own reasons for that (main being that i had a high end system plugged out of my outgoing Swift D). Iam getting 13.x kmpl in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. I havent checked highway figures yet since I dint get a chance! As of now speedo reads 1600kms in 29 days

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 29th March 2012 at 19:33.

Most Viewed