Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 11:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not planning to exchange/sell the Corsa..Can i still claim the loyalty bonus?
Yes you can still avail loyalty bonus without selling the car. Loyalty bonus means that you are loyal to the compnay and buying another thing from them . So they give their prestigious customers some benfit for being loyal to them.
Old 23rd March 2006, 11:31   #17
BHPian

cool...is there any news /confirmatons on what the loyalty bonus is like?

Also, does anyone have any info on the onroad price for the Aveo 1.4 in Chennai..I unfortunately am out of Chennai right now and want to plan this out by the time I come back
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Namit, it seems your only thoughts on a car are where the brand is based!! Suggest you read up a bit more on the various brands and models!! I think you need to look beyond the marketing hype and try out the cars themselves!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rtech !!

then i think you will definitely prefer a Chinese electronic item over a Japanese bcoz its place of origin doesnt matter to you.

Thats not the way a tech savvy person thinks but you are an exception it seems.
Old 23rd March 2006, 15:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

STRAIGHT 50K OFF on aveo as loyalty bonus. Here in chandigarh aveo is priced 5.74 so less 50k it becomes 5.24 excluding insurance and road tax etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182
Old 23rd March 2006, 15:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be Aveo! An excellent package for money!
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
STRAIGHT 50K OFF on aveo as loyalty bonus. Here in chandigarh aveo is priced 5.74 so less 50k it becomes 5.24 excluding insurance and road tax etc..

I asked garuda autocraft in bangalre, they told no loyality bonus.
anyone in bangalore has idea abt this?
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:36   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajivr
I asked garuda autocraft in bangalre, they told no loyality bonus.
Hasn't GM mentioned a loyalty bonus in their communications to buyers, assuming they do communicate in the form of a newsletter?

Tata Motors is offering a loyalty bonus on the Xeta. The communication says - there are no discounts on offer at the moment due to revised prices but there is a choice of 2 accessory packages worth Rs. 6000 to choose from.
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the Fiesta. Aveo too is a very good package, but its upto you. Its better that you go for a good test drive in both the cars first.
Old 24th March 2006, 16:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182

Also, does anyone have any info on the onroad price for the Aveo 1.4 in Chennai..I unfortunately am out of Chennai right now and want to plan this out by the time I come back
On road chennai 1.4 base model comes to 6.55

1.4LS -- 7.13 (approx)

went for a test drive , quite a nice package, rear seat is too comfortable

nice interiors
Old 24th March 2006, 17:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rtech !!

then i think you will definitely prefer a Chinese electronic item over a Japanese bcoz its place of origin doesnt matter to you.

Thats not the way a tech savvy person thinks but you are an exception it seems.
Try to learn about cars' inception.

We've seen a million newbies like U trying to "show off" ur knowlegde at mods/senior Bhpians.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
moreover, the ride-quality you are used to will be available only in Aveo and not in Fiesta or Elantra.
.......fiesta and elantra are for smooth surface, anyting uneven and they tends to pass all the vibrations to your spine!
Don't agree with your comments about the ride quality in the Fiesta. I have a 1.6sxi and have been pretty happy with ride quality so far, it is pretty smooth over bumps and bad roads.....

Last edited by suman : 24th March 2006 at 18:20.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Try to learn about cars' inception.

We've seen a million newbies like U trying to "show off" ur knowlegde at mods/senior Bhpians.
Today such people are only letting companies like Honda,etc go scott free by not giving us what we deserve. i.e Look at the City ZX and look at the same version sold in Malaysia (www.honda.my) and you will notice how stripped the indian version is. Why so. Because people are ready to buy the stripped version. Heck Honda didnot even give us 185 rubber for the Vtec and the reason is whats the need. People will buy it anyway. Infact the OHC was not doing very good numbers like the Accent. Honda came to know the typical Indian Psychology. Big Car, Less Price, FE and adequate power and thats the NHC for you, Thank You.
In a rear end crash of a NHC the dickys plastic bar will spear into your back and thats whats the safety of a NHC.

Quote:
then i think you will definitely prefer a Chinese electronic item over a Japanese bcoz its place of origin doesnt matter to you
If place of origin does matter you then why dont you buy Indian stuff? Be patriotic man.

For your kind info Most germans would prefer to buy a Chinese car.

If its a Japanese does not mean that its quite a good car. It was best explained to me by some person who told me. I asked a person about honda city. He said its a very good car. Its gives 16kmpl. Here where yhe questions that followed.

Me - Do you own one?
You - No
Me - Does your neighbour have one?
You - No
Me - Does your relative have one?
You - No
Me - Does your boss/co-woker have one?
You - No
Me - Does any one in your building have one?
You - No
Me - Then how the hell can you say its gives 16kms per a litre?
You - I cant recollect but i heard some one saying.

Quote:
Otherwise i dont think the handling of Aveo (Korean car) would be as good as Corsa (German car).
What kind of a calculation was that. By merely looking at the country of car production cannot determine the handling. The AVEO anyday will handle better then the Corsa. Reason is simple. Corsa ran on 13inchers. AVEO runs on 14. Also Optra (Korean) handles better then a Corolla(Japanese) though they both run on 15inchers.

Quote:
Similarly Optra is a Daewoo Nuburia so you see they both are Korean cars christened as Chevy in India by none other than General Motors.
Its world wide. Not only here. Its in canda, sweeden,etc. In Sweeden its known as the Chevrolet Nubira.

Anywayz thats quite off topic but then i can assure you that a AVEO is a way better car then a Honda City. Test Drive one and then you will come to know what Rtech meant.

@ abhi182 - Go ahead and buy the AVEO. You wont regret it. It will never let you down. Daewoo had built some wonderful cars before it became bankrupt and AVEO is surely one of them. 1.4 is very refined motor and will give surely a better FE then what you got in your Corsa.

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR THE MISCONSEPTION ABOUT GM SPARES. THEY HAVE BEEN HIGHLY LOCALISED AND ARE NO MORE WHAT THEY USED TO BE(READ HIGH DURING THE ASTRA DAYS) SO PLEASE DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT. OPTRA SPARES ARE CHEAPEST, CHEAPER THEN EVEN THE COROLLA.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Just saw Namit's post, but I don't even need to reply. Fellow members have already explained what that statment meant.

Namit, I hope you don't let your ego get the better of you and stick your head in the ground. Read up a bit on the old posts around here and I'm sure you'll change your mindset about the cars you've spoken about.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:59   #29
BHPian

Fiesta : Looks spacious, but i didn't find the seats comfortable. Even the ride felt bumpy.

Aveo, Elantra : I have never test-drove them.
Old 24th March 2006, 19:03   #30
BANNED

Namit, it's a car, not a transistor.

Also, it's Korean, not Chinese. Big difference.

By your logic, we should all steer clear of Samsung, LG and Hyundai products, even though they are extremely successful and reliable brands worldwide.

Let's not judge a man by the colour of his skin, and let's not judge a car solely by its country of origin.

Even Skoda used to be laughed at as the worst cars in Europe at one point in time. There was a standing joke that the reason they gave a complimentary umbrella in the boot of their higher end cars was so that you didn't get wet while waiting for the breakdown van. No one in their right minds would even touch a Czech car.

Now VW has taken over and look at it. People are singing praises (and rightly so) about what great cars they are, build quality etc etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks