Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following cars would you buy?
Honda City (non-vtec) 75 24.75%
Chevy Aveo 1.6 49 16.17%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 82 27.06%
Baleno Vxi 97 32.01%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 00:14   #76
BHPian

To all who ever mentions that Baleno does not look nice, here is a post which was written by me where I mentioned that it is possible to change the interiors of any car. Take a look at what they did to Maruti Zen and others -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/206620-post211.html

So makeover of Baleno is also possible. And it can be made as good as you want. Then perhaps people will not sulk about its looks.

Besides I think Maruti is itself working on it. I think its going to be "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin" types...

Besides here is a picture of Baleno which I took in Auto Expo 2006 in Delhi. She is not that bad. Maybe not the best in looks but not bad either.

Old 16th April 2006, 00:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
I guess those pics are taken from here.

P.S The team-bhp rules say that we are suppose to give the link to the pics or article posted here for copyright reasons
Old 16th April 2006, 02:34   #78
BHPian

This was posted by me in the earlier comment in the same thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/206617-post210.html
Old 24th April 2006, 16:33   #79
BHPian

Daewoo Kalos or Fiesta

who do you think will win the race? will it be the fiesta or the aveo?
Old 24th April 2006, 16:37   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand
who do you think will win the race? will it be the fiesta or the aveo?
Aveo will sell more than fiesta petrol....

fiesta diesel has no real competition, right now.

so the answer to your question is Aveo will win.

once aveo releases diesel version, lets see how it fares v/s fiesta diesel.
Old 24th April 2006, 17:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Aveo will sell more than fiesta petrol....
why do you say that venkat? am keen to knowing the answer coz i need to make a purchase decision next month. my heart says aveo but my mind (which does the mathematics, looks at sales figures, checks with friends, goes by how many cars i see on road, etc etc.) says fiesta.
Old 24th April 2006, 17:31   #82
BANNED

Fiesta has been on the road longer, which might explain why there are more cars. Give the Aveo more time, and maybe then the numbers will catch up.

Why don't you visit both dealers and take the cars for a test drive? It will tell you a lot about which car is better for you, and also let you judge the service that you receive from the dealer. In this respect, Ford has a pretty bad reputation, but who knows, you might find one of the few good dealers.
Old 24th April 2006, 18:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
why do you say that venkat? am keen to knowing the answer coz i need to make a purchase decision next month. my heart says aveo but my mind (which does the mathematics, looks at sales figures, checks with friends, goes by how many cars i see on road, etc etc.) says fiesta.
devanand, both aveo and fiesta are new cars and good no doubt.....you see more fiesta just b'cos it was launched earlier.

lemme know what are your priorities, i have test driven both so that i can give some more info to you.

whats the priority of your preferences, FE, comfort, AC, power, interiors etc.
Old 24th April 2006, 20:43   #84
BHPian

venkat,
thanks for offering help. my factors of consideration are (in that order) a fresh car, fe, low maintenance, reat seat comfort, resale value, and interiors,

shiva
I too test drove both the cars. my friend has got a new fiesta 1.4 exi. i love aveo's interiors and i find the rear seat spacious compared to fiesta. but fiesta 1.4 exi is peppy and the gear shift is excellent.

i have decided to wait till may to checkout whether aveo really pulls up in sales.

dev
Old 24th April 2006, 20:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
venkat,
thanks for offering help. my factors of consideration are (in that order) a fresh car, fe, low maintenance, reat seat comfort, resale value, and interiors,

i have decided to wait till may to checkout whether aveo really pulls up in sales.
My observations
1. Fresh car : Aveo looks fresher/original [Fiesta looks good but more a copy of merc c200 - good but not fresh]

2. FE : Have to wait customer feedback [ or take a test drive ask dealer do a full tank auto stop, you drive about 30 kms then again do a full tank auto stop....so can get the FE yourself !! ]

3. Low maintenance : i have written a thread about "NHC/Baleno/Aveo/Fiesta" spares....that might give you some idea.

4. Rear Seat comfort : Aveo very clearly

5. Resale value : only time will tell....so you can remove this from your criteria.

6. Interirors : Aveo very clearly

Based on your priorities i believe Aveo suits you better.

PS : Aveo sounds very wierd when you press the accelerator, it just gives a kind of feel that that chevy has done few strange things to improve FE. Fiesta sounds like any other normal car.
Old 25th April 2006, 11:25   #86
BHPian

hey venkat, thanks.
today morning i was surprised to see my post vanish from the forum i thought i violated some forum rules and so it got deleted....but luckily i found the entire transcription of text exchange between me and you in this thread.....!! now happy !!!
dev
Old 25th April 2006, 11:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
hey venkat, thanks.
today morning i was surprised to see my post vanish from the forum i thought i violated some forum rules and so it got deleted....but luckily i found the entire transcription of text exchange between me and you in this thread.....!! now happy !!!
dev
Dude, all the points i mentioned are my observation......please do a test drive of each car once on "hot sunny afternoon" [mainly to test AC : ensure that you turn on the heater of the car, make the inside hot, then start your testdrive and see how quickly the AC cools]

and do another round of testdrive during nights to see how good the headlights are ....

all the best for your testdrives and post your observations....
Old 26th April 2006, 16:28   #88
BHPian

my signature says it all... i voted for BALENO!
Old 26th April 2006, 16:35   #89
BHPian

BALENO!!! its will be..

If I had not found my OHC VTEC last year.. Baleno VXI was the one on my list..

Its because I dont go by new launches.. Its only going to fade away like the rest of it... Those which have survived the tough competition over a period of time are the ones that will satisfy you most..
Old 26th April 2006, 18:06   #90
BHPian

me too.. BALENO.. if there was no launch of NHC Vtec..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks