Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following cars would you buy?
Honda City (non-vtec) 75 24.75%
Chevy Aveo 1.6 49 16.17%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 82 27.06%
Baleno Vxi 97 32.01%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 18:40   #91
BHPian

I had a choice between the NHC VTEC and the Baleno. Heck i didn't even consider the Aveo and the Fiesta even though i test drove both these cars but i didn't like them. IMHO, the thought of buying a car just because its new in the market is crap.

Anyways, really liked the NHC VTEC, but i feel its way overpriced. Maybe the NHC VTEC is more spirited than the Baleno but then boy i was addicted to the Baleno especially the driver's seat . I just love it. Went ahead with and bought the Baleno and i am soo happy i made the right choice(atleast according to me). Baleno.......it just drives like a dream.......

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 26th April 2006 at 18:42.
Old 28th April 2006, 02:21   #92

i think that that between fiesta/nhc/aveo(all base versions),fiesta 1.4 would be the best choice because it is the best drivers car of the three.The problem with gears and sluggishness of aveo has already been well discussed.
Rather than the looks one should should look at the fact that does the car give you driving pleasure and comfort because driving is what you are going to do most of the time. Aveo though is the best looking , but looks can be deceiving.
in terms of comfort , interior quality i guess nhc is the best, but then its way tooo costly.the front seats and seating position is better in fiesta as compared to aveo. Aveo has slightly more leg room thean fiesta and also a few millimeters of extra width but the problem is the seating position and comfort in the back seats is not good as compared to fiesta.Though the thigh support is better in aveo.
The Fe of both would more or less be similar.THe fe is reason why nhc has so many buyers. the boot space of fiesta is 430l as compared to 400l of aveo, which is ignorable.so i believe if you want to buy a car which you yourself are going to drive then fiesta is much better than aveo.

as for me if i have spare money i would go for nhc , untill then fiesta is the one for me.

note:i have not compared baleno , as it is going to be replaced next year along with esteem , so the resale will hit rockbottom ,thus wont be a rational investment.Though baleno is a great car aswell.
Old 29th April 2006, 07:28   #93
BHPian

baleno all the way i love it and going to take one Lxi model
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:21   #94
BHPian

Shootout : NHC ZX v/s Fiesta 1.4 Diesel

As per this article in Autocar india, fiesta-diesel is claimed as a better car than nhc-zx.

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Co...iner&indexid=1

For a long term ownership, what are the additional costs involved in a Feista-diesel as compared to nhc-petrol?

Threads Merged. Please continue your discussion in this thread.

Last edited by adya33 : 4th June 2006 at 10:47.
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:48   #95
BHPian

What is life of these engines? nhc and fiesta-diesel, ie when they need to be overhauled.
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:54   #96
BHPian

for fiesta D, only time can tell!
Old 3rd June 2006, 23:32   #97
BHPian

In my opinion, it is wrong to compare a petrol with a diesel car..
Old 4th June 2006, 08:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
In my opinion, it is wrong to compare a petrol with a diesel car..
I totally agree. Is it even fair to compare a diesel car with a petrol one????
Old 4th June 2006, 09:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I totally agree. Is it even fair to compare a diesel car with a petrol one????

you are looking at a proper c segment car that is cheaper to own in the long run. Petrol or diesel is not a problem. what will be your options?

Crdi diesels certainly compete with the Petrol engines of today.
Old 5th June 2006, 16:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, really liked the NHC VTEC, but i feel its way overpriced. Maybe the NHC VTEC is more spirited than the Baleno but then boy i was addicted to the Baleno especially the driver's seat
Cheers
Agreed! What did you mean by "spirited"? if you were pointing to raw power, then NCH-VTEC is better only for high revving (roughly above 4-4.5K rpm), below that baleno rules...
Old 5th June 2006, 18:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
Agreed! What did you mean by "spirited"? if you were pointing to raw power, then NCH-VTEC is better only for high revving (roughly above 4-4.5K rpm), below that baleno rules...
IMHO, i found the NHC VTEC more fun to drive throughout the rev-band compared to the baleno. It feels more eager in acceleration but it isn't as linear as the baleno in terms of power delivery. NHC VTEC definately feels and is more powerful than the Baleno.

But i just love the Baleno's brilliant gear-ratios which makes the car effortless to drive in city conditions combined with the torquey engine which made me just fall in love with the Baleno engine.

At the end of the day, i liked the baleno more as a complete package and went ahead and bought it, proud of the decision ever since.

Last edited by prince85 : 5th June 2006 at 18:46.
Old 5th June 2006, 19:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, i found the NHC VTEC more fun to drive throughout the rev-band compared to the baleno. It feels more eager in acceleration but it isn't as linear as the baleno in terms of power delivery. NHC VTEC definately feels and is more powerful than the Baleno.

But i just love the Baleno's brilliant gear-ratios which makes the car effortless to drive in city conditions combined with the torquey engine which made me just fall in love with the Baleno engine.

At the end of the day, i liked the baleno more as a complete package and went ahead and bought it, proud of the decision ever since.

Again, I agree on whatever you said. But I find a little bit of contradiction in this statement- If NCH-VTEC was "more fun to drive throughout the rev-band compared to the baleno" then why is this love for effortless driving? You definitely meant NCH-VTEC requires "more effort" in city conditions, which IMHO is "less fun to drive".

I am not at all denying the fact that NCH-VTEC is more powerful, what I meant was that if you put rev limiter at 4K then it can't beat baleno. (but then VTEC was meant to push the limiter further, leave it aside for the moment)
Old 5th June 2006, 20:05   #103
BHPian

My vote goes to NHC. Good performance, great FE, great interiors, very consistant engine performance and great resale. Fiesta 1.4 TDCi would be second choice.
Old 5th June 2006, 21:10   #104
BHPian

My vote will be for the Fiesta diesel, NHC is too familiar a car now, fuel efficiency is certainly less than the Fiesta D and the performance bar the VTEC is uh so boring!, even the vtec is not what it used to be... do you know the in gear accleration which really matters in city driving is much better in the Fiesta D than the NHC VTEC!!!!!! Besides the Fiesta looks classier... Ill pitch in for the Fiesta any day... and yeah am juss looking for a new car in that segment and would def go for the Blue Oval.
The handling of the Ford is great as usual and the feel of the Ford simply outclasses the NHC with the electric power steering....

Last edited by silentscreamers : 5th June 2006 at 21:11.
Old 5th June 2006, 22:19   #105
BHPian

yup !! ... in gear roll-ons of the NHC Vtec are pretty poor in comparison with the fiesta 1.6 as well . its got poor low end performance ... the baleno is very good in this respect though
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks