Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 15:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

NHC is New Honda City
Old 5th April 2006, 15:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Willy, "comfortable for 5 people".....both esteem and accent wont serve this requirement. Baleno/NHC will fit the bill
The Esteem might be a little (just a little) crowded at the back with 3 people. But the Accent IMO should be OK - I guess it is almost as big as the Baleno.

Quote:
FE : esteem/accent/baleno will all be good (NHC will be great)
Well, from what I read on tbhp, the hype about astounding FE on NHC is well, just a hype. The FE figures that I see on this forum for NHC are like 13 and most Baleno guys report 12, with some even reporting 13 or more.

Quote:
NHC will have the longest trouble free life....
Sharing similar Jap ancestry, the Suzukis also have similar long trouble-free life.
Old 5th April 2006, 16:29   #18
BHPian

A used baleno should serve you well for the time frame you are looking to keep your car and being a maruti product, expect maintenance costs to be low. Given Accent is going to be phased out soon to make room for the Verna, a baleno will suit your requirements well.

-Sumit
Old 5th April 2006, 16:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Tell me something... FE part I can understand... even the 5 people capacity, the low maintenance cost all are very understandable. But why is it that you are only looking at a booted car? Any specific reason for that?
Old 5th April 2006, 16:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

On lancers and OHC, I guess, if you end up in problems with the car, it would leave a big hole in your pocket. There was another thread where Vtech/lancer & Baleno were in competition to take the crown for cheapest to maintain. But could not conclude as the response is not good.

If you really dont worry about the ageing model and stuffs like that, Esteem would be a better option. If u're , Baleno or OHC would be the best bet after getting feedbacks from members on the maintenance cost.
Old 5th April 2006, 17:02   #21
BHPian

Hi Zappo, I am looking for a booted car because i will be using this car to travell to places with the family.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
There was another thread where Vtech/lancer & Baleno were in competition to take the crown for cheapest to maintain. But could not conclude as the response is not good.
Surprise, do you have the link to that thread ? Would be nice to have an idea about maintenance costs of these cars.
Do we already have a thread which lists the prices of various spares for different cars ? Would be nice for car buyers to have an idea of which one will blow a bigger hole in the wallet. After all, it is said that during the life of a car (say 15 years), only 1/3rd of the total cost goes towards the car price. Another 1/3rd is fuel and remaining for maintenance.
The Maruti service centres have a chart showing the prices of various spares for all Maruti models. And for most spares, there is an awesome difference between the price for a M800 spare and the Baleno spare. Infact some spares were even like 90 times costlier for a Baleno (if I remember right).
Old 5th April 2006, 18:03   #23
BHPian

do consider baleno 'seriously' ... its the best mix of power and fuel economy amongst what you are considering ... definately blow the accent away in all dept(not talking bout the subjective dept here )

see if you can find yourself a good deal on the OHC too ... forget the rest if your budget permits

Last edited by Fiero : 5th April 2006 at 18:06.
Old 5th April 2006, 19:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Well, from what I read on tbhp, the hype about astounding FE on NHC is well, just a hype. The FE figures that I see on this forum for NHC are like 13 and most Baleno guys report 12, with some even reporting 13 or more.
It may also be a fair guess that generally those Balenos are driven more enthusiastically than the NHCs .. hee hee .. something I'm going to do within the next 15minutes as I leave office
In that context, a mileage of 12 is pretty commendable ..
Old 6th April 2006, 01:10   #25

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if u dont wanna stretch ur budget then i wud say go for the esteem as parts are cheaper and maintainance is also cheaper compared to an accent.
Old 6th April 2006, 10:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Surprise, do you have the link to that thread ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-maintain.html

I haven't voted on this thread as I was not sure about which one is the cheapest. Just shared the few inputs that I have got/seen personally
Old 6th April 2006, 10:50   #27
BHPian

Hey guys, What do you all feel about the Opel Corsa 1.4/1.6
Is that a good car? because it is available for less these days.
Old 6th April 2006, 11:37   #28
BHPian

Can i go for Used Opel Corsa 1.4/1.6?

Hey guys, What do you all feel about the Opel Corsa 1.4/1.6
Is that a good car? because it is available for less these days.
My budget is 3.5L - 4.0L
Old 6th April 2006, 11:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

last stock of 1.6 were sold for 3.8lac OTR

Last edited by jkdas : 6th April 2006 at 11:45.
Old 6th April 2006, 12:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

willy, Corsa is a nice car - my colleague bought a new one recently and seems to be pretty happy with it except for FE. But a couple of issues are - low FE (10kmpl), GM support and spares (I read in the papers that with the Aveo launch, GM has decided to stop the Opel line in India). Also, it is a smaller car - don't know how comfy it will be with 3 people in the back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed