Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 09:29   #46
BHPian

Dear friends,
I came across a used esteem 2004 model (new design) done 25k car for 4.1L including the comission and other charges. Please tell me if it is a good deal. I had a test drive and found it good. It is pearl silver and copper tinch color car.

Regards,
Rajan S
Old 17th April 2006, 09:50   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy
Hi Friends,
I just want to know. Is there any technical difference between the new model(2005) with that of the previous one say 2003. Is it advisible to go for the a new Esteem?
No technical differences between the 2003 and the 2005 Esteems other than the looks which were changed sometime in Oct-04. BTW, Esteems bought in the second half of 05 are BSIII while the 2003 model will be a BSII. Well thats the only technical difference that comes to mind. I own a 2006 esteem vxi and absolutely love it.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 09:51.
Old 17th April 2006, 09:56   #48
BHPian

[quote=WhiteKnight]As far as I know, no major technical difference. The looks were good till 2003, then turned to worse in 2004 and came back better in 2005.

Looks of the Esteem were the same in 2003 and till oct-04. The looks were revamped in Oct-04 and out came the "New Esteem" with cosmetic changes, and this is the same car which is still available in the market So i didn't actually understand your point of esteem turning to worse in 04 and then better in 05. I can confirm what i have said since i am regularly in touch with the changes Esteems are going through . We own a few esteems, 1997(sold), 2002, 2005 and 2006. Well, we have them hired to hotels and stuff.I am using the 2006 Esteem Vxi for my personal use along with my new Baleno.

CHeers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 09:59.
Old 17th April 2006, 10:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,
I came across a used esteem 2004 model (new design) done 25k car for 4.1L including the comission and other charges. Please tell me if it is a good deal. I had a test drive and found it good. It is pearl silver and copper tinch color car.

Regards,
Rajan S
Is it an Lx, Lxi or a Vxi?. Anyways, i feel its over priced. In mumbai The Esteem Lx can be yours for 4.5L while the Esteem LXi can be yours for around 4.8L after discounts and stuff and the Vxi i got for 5.3L. so why don't you try for a new one.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 10:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Is it an Lx, Lxi or a Vxi?. Anyways, i feel its over priced. In mumbai The Esteem Lx can be yours for 4.5L while the Esteem LXi can be yours for around 4.8L after discounts and stuff and the Vxi i got for 5.3L. so why don't you try for a new one.

Cheers
Hi Prince85,
This is a Vxi model. You are right that you get it for the above mentioned price in Mumbai. Bangalore the tax is more on cars. It is nearly 5.6L on road in bangalore.
Old 17th April 2006, 10:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prince85,
This is a Vxi model. You are right that you get it for the above mentioned price in Mumbai. Bangalore the tax is more on cars. It is nearly 5.6L on road in bangalore.
Buddy,

I have heard that taxes are highest in mumbai(i may be wrong) coz the esteem vxi can be had on-road for 5.8L in MUmbai which is higher than 5.6L as you mention in Bangalore. But then what are discounts for? I got Free Insurance and Free Registration therefore i got my car at the ex-showroom price of 5.3L. The schemes on all Maruti vehicles come frequently in the newspapers. Todays TOI reads that the Esteem is being offerred with Free Insurance + MGA worth 5k and Free 3rd year warranty. These are schemes and they change every month. So you can haggle more and get the Registration done for free as well, i don't think its that difficult to get an Esteem at the ex-showroom price that prevails in Bangalore. I hope you get what i mean. But still if you are on a budget, then go for the Esteem Lxi which is for 4.8L ex-showroom in Mumbai. It will surely be 10-20K lesser than that in Bangalore.

BTW, i got my Baleno Vxi for 40k lesser than even the ex-showroom price i.e. around about 1L less than the on-road price.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 10:42.
Old 17th April 2006, 11:24   #52
BHPian

Looks of the Esteem were the same in 2003 and till oct-04. The looks were revamped in Oct-04 and out came the "New Esteem" with cosmetic changes, and this is the same car which is still available in the market So i didn't actually understand your point of esteem turning to worse in 04 and then better in 05. I can confirm what i have said since i am regularly in touch with the changes Esteems are going through . We own a few esteems, 1997(sold), 2002, 2005 and 2006. Well, we have them hired to hotels and stuff.I am using the 2006 Esteem Vxi for my personal use along with my new Baleno.

CHeers[/quote]

Well, a rather minor change did happen in 2004. The front grill got changed to rather nondescript mesh from what used to be a twin vertical slate. This happend before the major facelift. I don't know the exact time frame.
Old 17th April 2006, 11:27   #53
BHPian

Well, a rather minor change did happen in 2004. The front grill got changed to rather nondescript mesh from what used to be a twin vertical slate. This happend before the major facelift. I don't know the exact time frame.[/quote]

This change happened in early 2003. IMHO, it changed the look slightly for good .

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 11:28.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:46   #54
BHPian

Agreed pal. Thank you for the accurate dates.

Btw, did our man willy get his dream car?
Old 19th April 2006, 22:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Agreed pal. Thank you for the accurate dates.

Btw, did our man willy get his dream car?
Thats the problem! People ask us for suggestions and then they buy the car and don't even let us know by doing the disappearing act, thats not cool willy boy!, HEHE, jus kidding buddy

Cheers
Old 26th April 2006, 11:50   #56
BHPian

Hey guys,
I finally got Esteem 2004 VXI, which i was talking about . I feel great driving the car though it has done 25k. I brought it down to 4L from 4.4L

, I should have informed you guys, who really helped me to decide.

Can any one tell me what will be my insurance amount i need to pay? the previous owner has paid 16800/- on last yeat August.

Don't tell me i need to pay the same even this year
Old 26th April 2006, 19:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
I finally got Esteem 2004 VXI, which i was talking about . I feel great driving the car though it has done 25k. I brought it down to 4L
Heh congrats willy, soo finally you responded, Enjoy your ride. I know its feels great to drive an Esteem. I have one and i can vouch for that!

Ps- 3 smileys in a single post is a serious NO-NO in TBHP .

Cheers
Old 27th April 2006, 10:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can any one tell me what will be my insurance amount i need to pay? the previous owner has paid 16800/- on last yeat August.
Don't tell me i need to pay the same even this year
If the previous owner did not have any accident claims, then you should be getting a No Claim Bonus (NCB) which would make your insurance amount lesser than 16800/-. However, I heard on this forum that there is an option where he could transfer the NCB to any new car that he bought after selling you this car. In that case, I guess you will not be eligible to claim the NCB (since he has already claimed it for his new car). I am not sure how this works - Ajmat of this forum would be the person to ask about this. PM him for details.
Old 7th May 2006, 19:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
If the previous owner did not have any accident claims, then you should be getting a No Claim Bonus (NCB) which would make your insurance amount lesser than 16800/-. However, I heard on this forum that there is an option where he could transfer the NCB to any new car that he bought after selling you this car. In that case, I guess you will not be eligible to claim the NCB (since he has already claimed it for his new car). I am not sure how this works - Ajmat of this forum would be the person to ask about this. PM him for details.
yes it is. i had the experience when i bought a second hand car, wherein the old owner opted to transfer his NCB to the new car he was buying. I had to shell out the full premium.
Old 8th May 2006, 08:17   #60

Go For Accent Gle

Its A Much Better Looking Car From All Angles......has Much More Power,refineness..............and Space Than Esteem.

My Friend Owns One And He Says He Gets A Mileage Of 13-14 With Ac In Ct And 16-17 On Highways With His Gle 1.5 ....though The City Drive Is Quite Like The Highways

Esteem Doesn't Have The Looks Of A Bigger Car

Or Stretch Your Budget And Go For Aveo1.4 Or Fiesta 1.4

Have Test Driven Baleno Lxi Dont Know Why People In This Forum Like It So Much ...........i Feel Accent Gle Is Much More Refined,better Looking ,,,witth Better Interiors Than Baleno Lxi

Correct Me If I Am Wrong!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks