Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2006, 00:31   #1
BHPian

Which one NHC/Aveo1.4/FiestaTDC1

I would like to upgrade from small car to C seg car, before I short list few cars I studied lot of cars, the list follows.

First I have to decide Car or SUV(for a bit of off road vehicle)

1. Scorpio: Took a test drive of new scorpio, I cant sit comfortably in driver seat and bit higher side of my budget --- so Dropped

2. Indigo Marina LX- Nothing is imressive otherthan price tag and fuel efficiency --- so dropped

3. Accent Viva CRDI : I cant sit comfortably -- so dropped

4.baleno - Looks not imressive --- so dropped

So rest of options are NHC, Aveo and Fiesta

1. Fiesta TDCi: I like this car very much since its launch (why i dont know), Took test drive atleast 4 times as far as car is concerned its good, I like the shape but rear seat is bumpy in bad roards and cramped. Dash board looks pastiky. Fornt seat is excellent and fun to drive in city, almost I decided on this car.

2. NHC GXi: Nothing is imressive in this car other than 'H' Badge and fuel effeciancy. again rear seat is bumpy but spaciuos and I will get around 25K discount on this car in corporate plan.

3. Aveo 1.4 LS: As overall package I like this car and my wife also voted for this car.

My monthly running would be around 1500Kms and I need fuel efficient car to cut down the fuel bills. I will hold new car for just 4 years exactly, one more critiria is resale value of car.

But the problem is ford showroom salesman/manager or not at all interested in selling car and they are least bothered about customers, even I had a talk with ford chennai customer care still there is no responce from local people. Just with this experinace with Ford I kept this in my last option.

Aveo is good car but too new in market and fuel efficiancy is not known and I kept this in second option

NHC GXi is now my 1st option but bit expencive car, reason for choosing this car good resale value.

Pls advice which is the best car for my requirment
Old 10th April 2006, 00:37   #2
BHPian

pros and cons of each of these cars have been discussed extensively in other threads ... do a little searching .. you'll come up with alot

btw ... im curious ... why an aveo 1.4 ??? isn't the aveo 1.6 the one in the price range of the fiesta TDCi and the city ???
Old 10th April 2006, 13:50   #3
BHPian

Aveo 1.4 is considered for good fuel efficiency.

I tried all threads with search option for atleast one month after that I short listed these three cars.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:50   #4
BHPian

My observations.....Aveo 1.4 LS (7.3 lakhs OTR) v/s NHC ZX Exi (7.6 lakhs OTR)

Aveo 1.4 LS :
Strengths : Ground clearance, Suspension, Ride quality, Handling & control, Interiors [b'coz we are comparing against NCH Exi for similar price]

NHC ZX EXi :
Strengths : FE, AC, Seating comfort

You can make the pick based on your priorities of the features.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:09   #5
BHPian

if your monthly running is going to be round about 1500km , then the ford TDCi is definately worth a look . it is very fuel efficient , and very very drivable in the city,as you have seen in your test drive.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:12   #6
BHPian

and also 18K a year multiplied by 4 = 72K .do the calculations ,you'll save ALOT of money on fuel. so what if it is slighty more expensive to maintain being a diesel . the money you save will more than cover up for it.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

More expensive to maintain diesel. Man service is after 10K and per service is of rs 2150. I dont think its that much expensive. But i m not sure the service costs rs 2150. I have asked the sales guy and he said that service will cost arund 2150 per 10K kilometers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
and also 18K a year multiplied by 4 = 72K .do the calculations ,you'll save ALOT of money on fuel. so what if it is slighty more expensive to maintain being a diesel . the money you save will more than cover up for it.
Old 11th April 2006, 12:54   #8
BHPian

From my list I dropped out Fiesta TDCi just because of their responce. I liked the fiesta very much but just because of their attitude/approch I decided not buy ford. even I called up their chennai office also, still there is no responce. I think Lambo also not happy with ford service. If pre sales service is not satisfactory then how can I except good service post sales service.

Any how the options left out are NHC ZX GXi and Aveo 1.4LS.
Old 11th April 2006, 13:25   #9
BHPian

If you want good resale value...go for Honda City. Also its has better status symbol. Aveo ..think twice, GM may file bankruptcy in neafr future, then resale value will in Daewoo/FIAT way.

Ford Fiesta TDCi is worth giving another try. Regarding Presale issue just ignore them, your going buy the product not the shop.
Old 11th April 2006, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri_009
From my list I dropped out Fiesta TDCi just because of their responce. I liked the fiesta very much but just because of their attitude/approch I decided not buy ford. even I called up their chennai office also, still there is no responce. I think Lambo also not happy with ford service. If pre sales service is not satisfactory then how can I except good service post sales service.

Any how the options left out are NHC ZX GXi and Aveo 1.4LS.
well i believe thats a one of chance which happens with all companies ... whether it be ford or honda ... try another dealer ... there will always be 'a few' who don't really care about the customer

in any case ... the TDCi is one hell of a car ... sad this happened with you ... can be a real confidence shaker ... though if you really love the car ... might be worth giving it another shot

its wouldn't 'generalize' ford after sales being bad based on this though.

Last edited by Fiero : 11th April 2006 at 14:55.
Old 11th April 2006, 14:52   #11
BHPian

NHC and Aveo 1.4 will give you similar performance . i don't have any information on mileage of the aveo 1.4 , though im speculating it should be good.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:08   #12
BHPian

Since your topmost criterias are FE and good resale value - the NHC would be a good bet for you.

You can get a FE of 14kmpl with AC in city, which is comparable to most hatchbacks. Also, loads of space and great rear seat comfort. Not to mention that the good low-end torque makes it much easier to drive in the city, even though it may seem under-powered at higher speeds.

And another reason why it is priced so high is that Honda cars have the least number of manufacturing defects than any other car. So, you pay for the initial build quality as well.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:23   #13
Team-BHP Support

Guys, these same cars are already under discussion on various threads. Please continue posting on one of those.

NHC vs Aveo Vs Fiesta vs Baleno

This thread is locked.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed