Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 13:00   #16
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Classic 1.9 Tdi is best option.. Good your timing coincided the launch of the classic version. More bang for the buck.. We managed to get a market MP3 player.. Skoda gives nothign for free :(.. you cant get anything more by negotiating with them..[/SIZE]
Old 17th April 2006, 13:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

1. Luxury - Nothing Beats Optra here with a budget of 12Lacs.
2. Chauffer driven - Any car will do for the chauffers, but a Octy with a tiny chauffer means that you have the seat outmost to the front and some rear legroom space.
3. Budget 12 lacs - Octy, Optra, Lancer Cedia, Elantra, Corolla and the Civic fit the bill here.
4. Good After Sale Service - GM service is quite good( i found that), Skoda service is also good but expensive spares, Honda/Toyota service is excellent, need i say any more?
5. Decent mileage (hence NO to Honda Accord) - Since mileage is more of a worry then you should go for a Octavia Diesel.

Buttttt i can assure you waiting for the Civic will definetely worth the wait.
Old 13th September 2006, 11:34   #18
Team-BHP Support

Now that you can get the Embera for 13.5L OTR Mumbai it might be a contender esp for those who are looking at Luxury and are chauffer driven.
Old 13th September 2006, 12:12   #19

Kindly read my story posted as SKODA AT YOUR OWN RISK and the same story is posted by my friend satyamenon after that i am sure you will never consider a Skoda
Old 13th September 2006, 12:42   #20
BHPian

Vj SR, can u plz give a link to that post of urs? wud surely like to read it and see what problems u have faced, so i can avoid it if possible, being a Skoda owner now.

In General, between the Skoda Octavia and the Civic, well, if its diesel, the Skoda Octavia it is!!! and if its petrol, then no doubt the Civic!

1. Rear seating comfort is bad in both these cars so doesnt make a difference in this angle!

2. Front Seating and Dashboard styling and Quality... all these are great in the Civic compared to the Octavia.

3. Boot space: horrible in Civic, huge in Octavia

4. Diesel: superb engine, and huge load of ppl to vouch for that!
Old 13th September 2006, 14:22   #21
BHPian

I sort of agree with Insane Devil. Imagine we all crib so much about the Skoda, but still have it or might want to have it. Kudos to Skoda for breaking in the customers heart that way. Cause if any other car was bombed with criticism the Skoda way, it would have shut shop by now.
Its a love hate relationship with this car. And if the dealers start getting bashed, they might just gear up.
Civic is another Honda. Relaible, cool and modern..

Cheers,
dMH
Old 13th September 2006, 16:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Vj SR, can u plz give a link to that post of urs? wud surely like to read it and see what problems u have faced, so i can avoid it if possible, being a Skoda owner now.
I did some search and found the link which Vj_sr was referring to . It is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...ighlight=skoda

It doesn't matter how good the car is if after sales service sucks! I personally have no experience with Skoda but this does not seem like a very positive experience.
Old 17th September 2006, 17:52   #23

Thanks

Thanks a lot for posting the link to insanedevil as i was out of station and could not reply on that message

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks