Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 20:09   #1

Maruti baleno or accent viva crdi

Hi,
Im currently studying and want to buy a car that has got great power and at the same time gives a good mileage. i have boiled it down to these two cars, although one being petrol and other diesel. which one do you think will be a better buy considering my requirements and also vfm? also which model in the baleno will be more apt-lxi or vxi.
Old 12th April 2006, 20:17   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well if u dont mind it being a deisel , go in for the viva crdi .. Get urself a pete's digital tuning box .. And have best of both the worlds .. Cheap on ur wallet it being a diesel and equally good when it comes to burning some rubber ..

Well for reviews on the baleno just use the search option , u will find tons of them .. Btw i think u must have a look at the fiesta too .. Before the others dig on me , let me add the NHC and the aveo too ..
Old 12th April 2006, 20:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Btw i think u must have a look at the fiesta too .. Before the others dig on me , let me add the NHC and the aveo too ..
wise thing to do

i guess the best compromise between performance and low fuel bills will be the viva+ pete's ... you might wanna consider the fiesta TDCi + pete's as well(though its not got as much punch as the viva)

the baleno has great performance and great mileage . but if you gonna be a rather revv happy driver , then the diesel option makes more sense(sufficient in the city) , unless you can afford the consequences of revv happy driving of a petrol car

Last edited by Fiero : 12th April 2006 at 20:32.
Old 12th April 2006, 20:40   #4

great, well thanks for your opinions. but is the performance of the baleno really that much better than the baleno's. because i've heard that the crdi has power better than many petrol cars too and the pull is just terrific. but didn't know baleno's power would be so much better?
Also where can i learn more on pete's digital tuning box and how much does it cost?
Old 12th April 2006, 20:44   #5
BANNED

Im not sure if pete's has a tuning box for the fiestas as yet ..

My option would always be a viva crdi , unless ur planning to drag race or dead against a diesel.. The only reason why i choose the baleno over the crdi is that i wanted to get intot he racing circuit .. For city/highway driving and for that odd thrill CRDI it is .. Just made my aunt book one ..
Old 12th April 2006, 21:12   #6

thats cool.. but where can i get infor for the petes tuning box for accent viva too because i have no idea bout it till now. actually i had a tata indica diesel and im sick of the problems!!!
Old 12th April 2006, 21:17   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanbajaj
thats cool.. but where can i get infor for the petes tuning box for accent viva too because i have no idea bout it till now. actually i had a tata indica diesel and im sick of the problems!!!
Well our own tbhpian psycho is the official dealer for pete's in bangalore .. U can contact him .. Should cost u around 35k-40k .. But worth every penny for it gives u a wide grin stretching from east coast to west coast ..
Old 12th April 2006, 23:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Im currently studying and want to buy a car that has got great power and at the same time gives a good mileage. i have boiled it down to these two cars, although one being petrol and other diesel. which one do you think will be a better buy considering my requirements and also vfm? also which model in the baleno will be more apt-lxi or vxi.
If you drive more than 2,500 kms per month diesel will make sense else go for petrol.

Now once you decide that if its petrol - check out Aveo/Baleno/NHC

If you decide on Diesel- dont go for Accent, it will be phased out. Wait for Verna's launch, then you will have Verna, Fiesta (who knows Aveo Diesel might be out soon !!)
Old 12th April 2006, 23:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well our own tbhpian psycho is the official dealer for pete's in bangalore .. U can contact him .. Should cost u around 35k-40k .. But worth every penny for it gives u a wide grin stretching from east coast to west coast ..
As a matter of fact, any car would rock with the Pete's Tuning Box

And doesnt't the Petes box cost Rs.26,250/-. Thats the price for the box Peter quoted for my Skoda. Also read that in this months ACI
Old 13th April 2006, 10:46   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
And doesnt't the Petes box cost Rs.26,250/-. Thats the price for the box Peter quoted for my Skoda. Also read that in this months ACI
I could be wrong on the pricing though .. Shall check up with psycho and keep u guys posted on it .. Well kb100 and drifter have it on their CRDI and u can PM them about their ownership experience ..
Old 13th April 2006, 10:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but where can i get infor for the petes tuning box for accent viva too because i have no idea bout it till now.
Review : Pete's Digital Tuning Box on the Accent CRDi

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks