Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 15:31   #91
BHPian

Re: Sedan with best ride quality - Anycar upto 15L

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
OP: Have you tested the TATA Aria?
Tata Aria is an SUV and not a sedan. This particular SUV has flopped very badly in the Indian market. I will not discuss the details as this will take the discussions away from the core question that the member here is asking.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 16:00   #92
BHPian

If you are ready to stretch your budget a bit, I'd suggest you to look for the Superb TSI.
With the new model in the pipeline, you would get pretty decent discounts on the current model. There is no match to the superb when it comes to the ride quality & comfort. It truly is superb.

On the other hand, if it gets out of budget, l would suggest you to test drive the Altis, the New City & the Vento TSI/Rapid & then decide as per your own judgement.
These would be my pick from the lot.

PS: I wonder why didn't any one suggest the new City ? It is quite comfortable, specially at the back IMO.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 26th January 2014 at 16:09.
Old 26th January 2014, 16:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

I feel the Altis is the best bet in terms of comfort with the added advantage of reliability. I think you could look at the Duster/Terrano - the high seating might be to your liking/advantage given your problem.
Old 26th January 2014, 16:50   #94
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

To me some of the cars with absolutely sublime ride quality and comfort in your budget are;

1. Renault Fluence
2. Renault Scala
3. Nissan Sunny
4. Skoda Laura/ Octavia
5. Toyota Corolla Altis
6. Hyundai Elantra

These are placed in rough order of priority according to me.

All the best!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 17:03   #95
BHPian

If Ride quality is the primary criteria, the Renault Duster is a no- brainer. If you prefer only sedans, the Fluence as suggested by many would the next best option.
jvm_1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 15:06   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chauffeur-driven / Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoholik View Post
My primary criteria is ride comfort over bad roads and easy ingress as I have a slip disc. I don't care about petrol / diesel or budget as far as it is below 15L on road.
Pick any two words from below:

Renault Duster

or

Nissan Terrano

These SUVs offer ride quality that is hard to find in any car this side of 50 lakh cars. The Duster & Terrano flatten rough roads like no other vehicle. The suspension is supremely comfortable.

The higher stance will also help your criteria of easy ingress / egress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
However, if you are in a hurry and can't wait for four months go ahead for Hyundai Elantra. The car has almost every feature that a person would wish in a car.
At low speed, yes. Not at high speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I would rate Fiat linea Tjet for the best ride/comfort and easy ingress/egress.
Not really. It's got the best ride & handling package (not ride only). Plus, the T-Jet rides noticeably firmer than the regular Linea.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 15:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

For your needs, you really shouldn't be looking at sedans frankly. Like GTO pointed out, take your pick of the Duster/Terrano. If you're in no rush, a Duster facelift seems to be on the way and it should be here soon. That would be my pick if I were to be in your shoes.
Old 31st January 2014, 02:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I am planning for a new car to replace my beloved Baleno. My primary criteria is ride comfort over bad roads and easy ingress as I have a slip disc. I don't care about petrol / diesel or budget as far as it is below 15L on road.

Here are few of the cars I have shortlisted based on reviews. Please help me shortlist the best based on your experience:
Please list down any other car that I might have missed.

Thanks
Try the Ertiga. If you find turbo lag is an issue, go for the petrol version IIRC, its 85bhp.

With any sedan, the ingress & egress would include bending a bit - with a slip disk, you need a walk-in car. And if your budget is 15L - why not get a proper SUV?
Checkout the XUV5OO (W4) and Storme (Ex). Overall ownership cost wise I feel Storme will be lower because TATA has a very decent AMC contract. I feel both ASC's have their pro's and con's. But anyway, whether you feel driving dynamics of XUV are good OR commanding road view of Storme is more important, choose accordingly.

Else, IMO betterstill wait for the Auto-Expo, maybe there's something new in store.
Old 31st January 2014, 07:34   #99
Senior - BHPian

Well you ought to be buying a taller vehicle (Duster) like everyone here is recommending, but I guess we listen to our hearts once in a while too. What's basically, one sit-up in a journey eh?

I would highly recommend the Fluence as it is the most under-rated product in its segment. The diesel won't win any races, but is actually really well tuned and has what I call useable power and torque; in-gear acceleration times are faster than power houses like the Cruze. Petrol, is almost japanese like in its rev-happiness and the CVT is one of the better ones. Handling in this car is not bad either since it has one of the most well tuned eps units. Ride is sublime and really made for our Indian conditions, the seats are wide, space is almost like a D2 segment car, there is loads of kit, I for one love the fresh looking interiors and the elegant exterior styling. If there was a need for a diesel or an automatic, I would have ended up with a Fluence and not the Kizashi and that I think, is really saying a lot.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 12:36   #100

Hi Friends,

Update to my story. I tested all cars on my list on bad roads. The best car came out to be Renault Fluence. It has the best ride quality among all cars. Handling is decent and diesel motor is good to drive. Everything inside out has great build quality too. Only apprehension is the really low sales volumes and potential service issues in future.

I have taken a leap of faith and have gone ahead and booked a Renault Fluence E2 Diesel. This is a pre-facelift model and I got a decent discount too.

Will create an ownership thread soon.

Thanks All for your suggestions.
Motoholik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 18:58   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Update to my story. I tested all cars on my list on bad roads. The best car came out to be Renault Fluence.
I have taken a leap of faith and have gone ahead and booked a Renault Fluence E2 Diesel. This is a pre-facelift model and I got a decent discount too.

Let me be the first here to congratulate you Always been recommending this car to many. This was also the ideal time to have bought one considering the facelift was in

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2014, 12:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Update to my story. I tested all cars on my list on bad roads. The best car came out to be Renault Fluence. It has the best ride quality among all cars. Handling is decent and diesel motor is good to drive. Everything inside out has great build quality too. Only apprehension is the really low sales volumes and potential service issues in future.

How does the ride quality comapare to that of a duster?
Old 10th February 2014, 14:21   #103

Sups, I did not test Duster as I want to buy a sedan only (I love SUVs but my family loves Sedans), so I cant compare Fluence vs. Duster. But going by other reviews Duster is definitely better.

One thing I can comment for sure, is that Fluence has best ride quality and space for any sedan under 20 lakhs.
Motoholik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 09:04   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Sups, I did not test Duster as I want to buy a sedan only
Congratulations on your purchase. I always have a huge soft corner for Fluence. The fact that it is so rare on the roads, makes it even more exclusive.

I have similar criteria as yours, but will delay the purchase till next year for financial reasons.
Old 12th February 2014, 18:37   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Congratulations Motoholik and looking forward to your ownership thread!
Also do you know what are the changes that the Fluence received in this face lift ? I sat in a Fluence once and thought that the build quality was pretty good.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks