Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 12:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Even if he does not respond personally, someone from Engg/Mktg will. I have written them and have got response.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Even if he does not respond personally, someone from Engg/Mktg will. I have written them and have got response.
It will be really interesting to see how Maruti responsds to thread.....if they respond well, we could also forward the "Project Baleno - IRL" to them
Old 19th April 2006, 12:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
It will be really interesting to see how Maruti responsds to thread.....if they respond well, we could also forward the "Project Baleno - IRL" to them
Though I was initially very worked up about the rear, I am now actually liking it the way it is. I mean, it looks odd, but then it is unique and also has attitude - I don't intend to change it.
On some Sunday evenings, after I have washed her and she stands gleaming, I have had some aunties from our apartment complex coming over to say "You got a nice looking car". What more can a man ask for ?
Old 19th April 2006, 13:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Though I was initially very worked up about the rear, I am now actually liking it the way it is. I mean, it looks odd, but then it is unique and also has attitude - I don't intend to change it.
On some Sunday evenings, after I have washed her and she stands gleaming, I have had some aunties from our apartment complex coming over to say "You got a nice looking car". What more can a man ask for ?
Get the rear upgraded......then Babes rather than aunts will say "Thats a hot car"...
Old 19th April 2006, 13:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pradeep,

whats jagdish khattar's email id?

BTW do you believe that he will respond ??

Please do post his response.
I read somewhere that he assiduously goes through every mail sent to him. I did sent him one sometime back about Baleno in general. I cannot guarantee that he did read it, but he must have glanced at it and forwarded it to the appropriate people. Jagdish Khattar's email ID is in the public domain. Look here: http://iinvestor.com/scripts/IIH021C...articleid=5392

Regards,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 19th April 2006 at 13:44.
Old 19th April 2006, 13:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

If he does read all the letters i just hope that he reads this post as well.

Baleno needs ABS and Airbags please. Buttttttt atleast you should give ABS on the VXi as standard and on LXi as optional or atleast optional on any of the versions buttttt you should give ABS as you give it in the Swift as well.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

LOOOOK at the tail lamp price !!!

ok .. here's an update from my side ...

spoke to a dealer's store here and clarified the two prices which are creating waves in this thread ..

let me create a bigger wave !!

Headlamps BSIII - 9870 + tax ~ 11,200 ish for the pair
New Tail Lamps (white not orange) - 18000 + tax ~ 20,500 for a pair !!!

Buttt .. the good news is that
BSII headlamps are still available for around 4000 for a pair.
The orange tail lamps are still available for around 4000 a pair.

So we do have a choice of cheap repairs.
The store guy himself said that they have all raised concerns with MUL regarding the tail lamp price and they feel embarrassed to quote those prices to customers

Last edited by shuvc : 19th April 2006 at 14:03.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc

spoke to a dealer's store here and clarified the two prices which are creating waves in this thread ..

So, at these prices, if you meet with an accident you lose anything from 3k-5k (depending on how old your car is) as no claim bonus plus almost half of the lamp price as depreciation cost (due to plastics). Quite a price to pay for those ugly tail lamps.

Last edited by pradkumar : 19th April 2006 at 14:11.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc

So we do have a choice of cheap repairs.
The store guy himself said that they have all raised concerns with MUL regarding the tail lamp price and they feel embarrassed to quote those prices to customers
Hi Shuvc, every baleno owner should do while inquiring the spares prices with the store-guy, make him more and more embarrassed and hopefully MUL will listen
Old 19th April 2006, 14:15   #55

Yeah Venkatrx, I will surely do the same soon when I will book Baleno
Old 19th April 2006, 14:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Baleno needs ABS and Airbags please. Buttttttt atleast you should give ABS on the VXi as standard and on LXi as optional or atleast optional on any of the versions buttttt you should give ABS as you give it in the Swift as well.
You got a point there. Its time MUL looked at the safety aspect.

Quote:
Get the rear upgraded......then Babes rather than aunts will say "Thats a hot car"...
Well, the car's getting some attention from the babes too. Not much chance of my wife getting on tbhp, but still why take a risk by giving details on a public forum ? :-)

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 19th April 2006 at 14:21.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Its not as if every Baleno owner goes to an MASS every 10K km and says - "Normal service. No complaints - just change my bumpers, headlight assembly, radiator etc."

The parts quoted in the first post are only in special circumstances such as accidents. They are NOT an indication of normal service costs. While the costs of such parts are important, I don't think anyone would choose a car based on the fact that its bumpers are cheap.
I beg to differ. Headlights (and even tail lights) tend to fade with the passage of time (partly because dust particles keep going in, in spite of seals) and hence a lot of drivers change their old lights even without suffering any accident. My recent discussion with personnel from Vipul Motors (Maruti authorised dealer and service centre at Faridabad) revealed that most parts in Baleno are imported (including even the brake pads) and hence expensive. While deciding which car to buy, rational people take the entire lifecyle cost into account which necessarily requires that spare part costs be considered. This thread should serve as an eye opener for prospective Baleno buyers.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
That's true. In Indian driving conditons, the more costly the car, the more each dent pains you. Besides on highways driving is reckless ! We've seen in umpteen times.
But the curious thing is that on Indian roads, expensive cars like Merc and BMW have fewer dents. Perhaps they are driven more carefully or maybe other road users maintain safer distance from them. Any thoughts?
Old 19th April 2006, 15:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
I beg to differ. Headlights (and even tail lights) tend to fade with the passage of time (partly because dust particles keep going in, in spite of seals) and hence a lot of drivers change their old lights even without suffering any accident. My recent discussion with personnel from Vipul Motors (Maruti authorised dealer and service centre at Faridabad) revealed that most parts in Baleno are imported (including even the brake pads) and hence expensive. While deciding which car to buy, rational people take the entire lifecyle cost into account which necessarily requires that spare part costs be considered. This thread should serve as an eye opener for prospective Baleno buyers.
......I am sure that this thread will change the general perception that "Baleno spares are cheap" [This was my perception before I bought my Baleno ]

The parts i took for analysis were the car exteriors which are prone to damage in the hectic city traffic. As you mentioned if even the wear and tear items like 'brake pads' etc are imported too, then even normal servicing costs will increase. When I give my baleno for servicing the next time I will try to get the latest parts price list for BALENO.

Can others volunteer to similarly get the parts price list for NHC, Aveo, Fiesta?

Once this information is collected, we can collate and publish the data which can benefit the new car buyers.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
hey guys i got this from the fiat-india site.

i guess these values tell us why people think baleno is expensive to maintain. some of these values for baleno were way above i mean roughly 10k above the market cost of what people have quoted on this forum. another cheap stunt i think.
Your chart reveals quite a lot. When did you download it? How come FIAT spares are less expensive in spite of being imported whereas the high prices of Baleno parts are sought to be justified on the ground that they are Japanese?

Most Viewed