Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 15:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
The parts i took for analysis were the car exteriors which are prone to damage in the hectic city traffic. As you mentioned if even the wear and tear items like 'brake pads' etc are imported too, then even normal servicing costs will increase. When I give my baleno for servicing the next time I will try to get the latest parts price list for BALENO.
Try to get hold of the Nov 2005 ACI issue. It has part prices listed. If I recall correctly Baleno brake pads cost less than say NHC ...

Or if someone has a scanner handy, could they please scan the ACI comparo sheet and post it ?
Old 19th April 2006, 15:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
One thing that I do not understand is, why such a huge difference between Baleno2006 and BalenoPre2006 spares cost ? I mean, it is not like, the 2006 model is a complete makeover or something. All I can see is that the yellow turn-indicator at the rear has become white in the 2006 model and it has climate control. What does this have to do with headlights etc which still is the same in both models ?
Can someone explain this please?
Old 19th April 2006, 15:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Try to get hold of the Nov 2005 ACI issue. It has part prices listed. If I recall correctly Baleno brake pads cost less than say NHC ...

Or if someone has a scanner handy, could they please scan the ACI comparo sheet and post it ?
And violate their copyright? It's illegal.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
Can someone explain this please?
The maruti guy told me that the headlamps and taillamps prices are depending on weather the car is new or old, he told me that if my car has white-indicators in taillamp then its a new one else old.

Based and what people have commented here on the forum and the prices the maruti guy gave me i understand is

headlight (old = bs-II no levelling device) (new = bs-II with levelling device)

taillamp (old = indicator yellow) (new = indicator is white)

i believe the new headlamp and taillamps are both SGPs, hence more expensive.

I had marked them as 'pre-2006' and '2006' in my analysis based on teh maruti guys comment.....which i believe is better explained above.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:33   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

RX and venkat u guys got me wrong .. What i meant is a few parts of the baleno might be expensive when compared to other cars , but there will be other parts in general which will be far costlier than the balenos ..

Also it is possible to get the BS II headlamps and taillamps fitted on the BS III cars too .. Its just that u wont get the HLLD ..
Old 19th April 2006, 16:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
When did you download it? How come FIAT spares are less expensive in spite of being imported whereas the high prices of Baleno parts are sought to be justified on the ground that they are Japanese?
this chart was downloaded 3-4 days back from teh fiat site. seriously MUL should make all the parts available in india as MGP if they decide to enhance the sales of baleno. lately i have been spotting quite a lot of balenos on the road. do u guys agree with me or its just my vision?
Old 19th April 2006, 16:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
RX and venkat u guys got me wrong .. What i meant is a few parts of the baleno might be expensive when compared to other cars , but there will be other parts in general which will be far costlier than the balenos ..

Also it is possible to get the BS II headlamps and taillamps fitted on the BS III cars too .. Its just that u wont get the HLLD ..
Hey McLaren,

You might be right, if we have the complete spares list of Baleno/Aveo/NHC/Fiesta.......we can have a better understanding of the relative prices.

I will anyway try to get the baleno spares list during my next service.

I hope others will volunteer for each of the other cars?

PS: maruti has reluctantly changed the taillamp with 1% improvement in looks, why should we go back to bs-II?
and headlamp bs-II with no levelling device, why again this would result in focussing problems on highways.
Instead lets ask maruti to fix the prices sensibly.

Last edited by venkatrx : 19th April 2006 at 16:48.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

naveen, you are right about seeing many balenos on the road nowadays. quite some consumer interest in the car during the last year or two.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
this chart was downloaded 3-4 days back from teh fiat site. seriously MUL should make all the parts available in india as MGP if they decide to enhance the sales of baleno. lately i have been spotting quite a lot of balenos on the road. do u guys agree with me or its just my vision?
Naveen, you are right.....in the last year or so maruti has discounted the baleno by almost 50/60 thousand to stay in competition. Also the introduction of 'climate control' has attracted a few customers.

Aggressive marketing could also mean that Maruti is just about to discontinue the baleno
Old 19th April 2006, 16:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Aggressive marketing could also mean that Maruti is just about to discontinue the baleno
i wont always agree to it. mayb MUL now only realises the true potential of the car. as discontinuing is concerned i guess at some point every car will go thru this phase but noway in the near future. even with this decade old car is giving new cars a run for their money. if they can reduce the SGA to MGA and give slightly more tiny features this car is gonna rule for the next 10 years.
Old 19th April 2006, 17:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
If they can reduce the SGA to MGA and give slightly more tiny features this car is gonna rule for the next 10 years.
Haha! This aint 1990s, when there were few cars so Zen and Esteem could rule butttttttttttt in todays day and age its very difficult for Baleno to survive for long and i have inside news that soon Maruti is going to stop production get the Aerio/Liana(looks like a AVEO) and a Sedan based on the Swift and discontinue the Esteem and Baleno like the Zen. Also they are going to part away with the Baleno name. Imagine the resale of these cars to hit the ground. Also Maruti cant continue to sell Baleno for long enough because its quite dated and latest cars have Arbags/ABS and the putting ABS/Airbags in the Baleno would be difficult because of the old design. Thats one reason that the Latest Wagon R with a redisgned dash has ABS/Airbags and the Swift has.

Currently i have the Nov. 2005 issue of ACI in with me and it has figures in this order. Baleno is written in lower midsizers, NHC, Lancer, OPtra 1.6 in upper midsizers, then the next category is Lower Luxury cars which has Optra 1.8, Elantra, Octy, Corolla and then the Luxury cars which have the rest Mercs, Porches, etc. So owing to this we can conclude : -

1. Baleno being cheaper then the NHC/Optra 1.6 is not in the same segment, hence you cant compare them.

2. Since the NHC/Optra cost more then there spare parts have to be costlier then the Baleno.

3. Fiesta was launched that very month so its spares pricing is not given. However Fiesta doesnot fall in the same segment as it falls in the Upper midsizers. The Ford Ikon and Baleno fall in that segment.

4. NHC ZX was also launched that time so its pricing of the spares is not given as it has newer tail lamps however NHCs spares list is given.

5. Baleno should be comapred with Ikon, Aveo, Petra, Esteem, Accent, Indigo

Disclaimer : - I am sorry if i hurt any Baleno owners butttt those were the facts of the matter which many people are not aware on this forum. I would not like to mention who but some people are not aware of the segment formation rule.

Cheers (no offense and nothing personal, carry on the calulations guys, awesome)
Old 19th April 2006, 17:42   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Baleno being cheaper then the NHC/Optra 1.6 is not in the same segment, hence you cant compare them.
i still dont understand where is money getting involved. its about getting the best for cheapest. no offence. if i get a good sedan with awsome power, the best a/c EVER on indian roads, maruti reliability for a price much less than the NHC/Optra, who's complaining.

to a comman man the categories go as small car (most hatchbacks), mid size car (most saloons below 10 lacs), semi luxury (between 10-20 lacs) and super luxury (20+ lacs).

guys pls corrent me if i m wrong in my above interpretation of a common man.
Old 19th April 2006, 17:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

You mean to say that a Elantra is better then the Accord so lets comapare both of them? When i can get TCS, Good FE, etc for a cheaper pirce of 6-7 Lacs then why should i buy the Accord. Thats not the way it is, pricing diffrentiates the cars. Best AC on Indian roads it must be when OD did that test after that newer Mercs have arrived.

Quote:
to a comman man the categories go as small car (most hatchbacks), mid size car (most saloons below 10 lacs), semi luxury (between 10-20 lacs) and super luxury (20+ lacs).
I dont think so. People in India look the way i said in post 71. I have seen most people who have a Esteem go for a NHC and a NHC owner for a Corolla and a Corolla owner for a Accord. Becuase you cant differentiate cars 10Lac apart in one segment.

Anywayz if you want to blindly believe what you preach then i am not intrested. I am outta here, Good Bye.

Last edited by BUSA : 19th April 2006 at 18:02.
Old 19th April 2006, 18:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I dont think so. People in India look the way i said in post 71. I have seen most people who have a Esteem go for a NHC and a NHC owner for a Corolla and a Corolla owner for a Accord. Becuase you cant differentiate cars 10Lac apart in one segment.

I agree that, that observation is pretty fair. However let me give another perspective.
If we take this forum as an example, people more often than not want to make a choice between Baleno, Aveo, Fiesta, Accent, Lancer.

Let's consider some approx pre-discount OTR prices @Kolkata

Optra 1.6 Royale - 9.5+
Optra 1.6 Base - 8.6
NHC Vtec - 8.6
NHC GXi - 7.8
NHC EXi - 7.4
Baleno VXi - 7.4
Lancer LX - 7.5
Fiesta SXi - 7.5
Fiesta ZXi - 6.9
Fiesta EXi - 6.3
Baleno LXi - 6.5
Accent 1.6 GLS - 6.5
Petra ELX - 6.3
Petra EL - 5.8
Accent 1.5 GLE - 5.7
Esteem VXi - 5.1
Indigo GLX - 5.2

The boundaries will always be blurred at the top and bottom end of 'segments'. IMO if we have to define segments only by price, then it's better to define the price band and then see which model variants fall in that price band.

So for eg, if we say 6 to 10 L cars, then ideally we should not compare the Optra 1.8 with the VTec. But I guess these debates can go on and on .. lets discuss that elsewhere and focus on spare part prices !!
Old 19th April 2006, 19:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
But I guess these debates can go on and on .. lets discuss that elsewhere and focus on spare part prices !!
Agreed, lets get back to the topic at hand and not end up digging skeletons.

Guys, should we also take into account where the spare parts for each car is sourced from. Taking an example, Honda claims that it has brought down spare costs of NHC vis-a-vis the OHC since most major parts are sourced from Thailand, where the cost of production is cheap. And we also know that the costliest parts in Baleno are SGA (made in japan?) instead of MGA (made in india).

How about the Fiesta and the Aveo - any idea where their parts are sourced from ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks