Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2006, 14:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
What do you really think is the reason for such high costs of Baleno spares? If Baleno has been in india for more than 5 years, why haven't they still started locally manufacturing them.
Experts please throw some light on this......
That's pretty simple, venkatrx.
The Baleno has been here for 7 (not 5) years. But that is itself not reason enough to start indigenising. Bcos, if a car is not selling in the market, why would the manufacturer indigenise the parts ? Not logical. Indigenisation starts when volumes increase. Baleno sales have taken off only in the last 2 years. Before that sales were negligible and it made more sense for MUL to import parts than manufacture them here. Now that sales have picked up, MUL might (I am not guaranteeing though) set in motion the process of sourcing parts locally.
Old 24th April 2006, 14:54   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
That's pretty simple, venkatrx.
The Baleno has been here for 7 (not 5) years. But that is itself not reason enough to start indigenising. Bcos, if a car is not selling in the market, why would the manufacturer indigenise the parts ? Not logical. Indigenisation starts when volumes increase. Baleno sales have taken off only in the last 2 years. Before that sales were negligible and it made more sense for MUL to import parts than manufacture them here. Now that sales have picked up, MUL might (I am not guaranteeing though) set in motion the process of sourcing parts locally.
Supreme, if your logic is correct, then there is very little hope.

last year. NHC sold some 50k cars per annum, Esteem+Baleno put together sells 30k per annum.....in this baleno might be say 10k or lesser, so maruti will continue to import 'SGA/SGP' and in a year or so, they will happy stop producing baleno and replace it with swift-sedan.

wow.....thanks for throwing light on the grim future
Old 25th April 2006, 13:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
I have forwarded this thread to Jagdish Khattar at Maruti.

Pradeep
6 days and no response from JagdishKhattar?
Old 25th April 2006, 19:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe Mr.Jagdish Khattar did reply, who knows! Maybe Pradkumar has not been online for sometime. So patience buddy. All in due time.

Cheers
Old 26th April 2006, 10:37   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Maybe Mr.Jagdish Khattar did reply, who knows! Maybe Pradkumar has not been online for sometime. So patience buddy. All in due time.

Cheers
Prince.......may be Khattar went offline
Old 26th April 2006, 10:37   #96
BHPian

i dont see the reason for not making the space parts in india. if small time players can copy the designs and we can get baleno grills and other stuff in the open market why cant a full fledged company do so. it simply shows they have no integrety towards their customers. just fleece them in the name of SGP. i have been told that all the cosmetic parts of baleno are readily available in the grey market for a fraction of the cost. pls correct me if i m wrong.
Old 26th April 2006, 10:45   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
i dont see the reason for not making the space parts in india. if small time players can copy the designs and we can get baleno grills and other stuff in the open market why cant a full fledged company do so. it simply shows they have no integrety towards their customers. just fleece them in the name of SGP. i have been told that all the cosmetic parts of baleno are readily available in the grey market for a fraction of the cost. pls correct me if i m wrong.
Naveen, you have a valid point here.....

Maruti is fleecing us in the name of SGP/SGA....that after 6 years after launch

No wonder NHC sells 40k car per annum and Baleno sells less than 10k per annum.

I am sure there will be a few agents from Maruti/Hyndai/Honda/Ford who are members of this forum.

So Maruti-agents if you are reading this......get a clear message, you can fool a few just by using phrases like "Maruti has the lowest spares cost" but not every one. When a few people do buy Baleno and figure out the facts, they will definitely spread the truth about Baleno.

I think is the main reason why you dont see many Balenos on road.
Old 26th April 2006, 11:10   #98
BHPian

@ GTO & MODS : is there a way we can take a print out of this thread and send it 2 maruti. mayb so far not so many people as a group have raised theri concerns.
Old 26th April 2006, 12:05   #99
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Can the NHC/Fiesta/Aveo owners confirm if the cars have HLLD(head lamp levelling device) and also report the latest pricings for the headlamps and the taillamps of the respective cars ?? Last i heard even the NHC's tail lamps were expensive ..

Venkat , naveen as u all know my car has met with a heavy collision .. So i had to almost buy new stuff to replace the entire front end of my car which includes the bonnet , bumper assembly , condensor , radiator amongst other things .. And the entire costing came to within 30k which u wont believe after seeing the extent of damage .. I shall post the pics up shortly .. I would like u to see and decide if ALL THE SPARES FOR THE BALENO ARE INDEED EXPENSIVE .. The regular service is surely CHEAP and i can vouch for this ..
The only gripe is the costing of the headlamps and tail lamps (which im sure all the owners can live with).. The fogs are just an accessory option , they dont come standard on any version (stanley fogs for any car including the hondas are as expensive as the balenos, so now the company resorts to cheaper fogs thus going down on quality).. The pricing on the rest of the parts are pretty much on par with the competition ..

Also something that i have noticed looking at accidents to balenos from the front end is , the headlamps seem to be in untouched , undamaged shape inspite of heavy front end collision .. Had a look at 4 balenos at RNS.Motors and none had broken headlamps inspite of the heavy front end collision .. Same happened with my car too .. Though the entire bonnet and bumper crumpled on impact , the fogs and the headlamps had no scratch on them .. Is this got to do with some design ?? Can anyone confirm the same ??
Old 26th April 2006, 12:29   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
The only gripe is the costing of the headlamps and tail lamps (which im sure all the owners can live with)
Hi McLaren,

IMHO most of the accidents that happens in the city with some of my friends were like

+ backbumper
+ frontbumper
+ taillamp
+ headlamp
+ rearview mirrors
+ side body denting [mostly metal work and painting]

with this kind of repair works due to accidents, and that is why i collated the data from Aveo/Fiesta/Baleno/NHC....So i dont think "owners can live with" can be true

The bigger problem is for these kind of parts falls either into 50% depreciation and 30% deprication, what it means is the insurance guy will only pay you

+ 50% for your plastic parts
+ 70% for your glass parts
[guys please correct me if the insurance percentages i have mentioned is incorrect]
Old 26th April 2006, 12:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can the NHC/Fiesta/Aveo owners confirm if the cars have HLLD(head lamp levelling device)
Yes, the Fiesta comes with HLLD...
Old 26th April 2006, 12:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can the NHC/Fiesta/Aveo owners confirm if the cars have HLLD(head lamp levelling device) and also report the latest pricings for the headlamps and the taillamps of the respective cars ?? Last i heard even the NHC's tail lamps were expensive ..
The HLLD is a compulsory requirement for all cars manufactured post April 2006. Even Maruti 800 comes fitted with the device.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:21   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Khattar didn't reply to my previous mail (suggestions for Baleno) also. I guess he would have forwarded it to the appropriate managers. But for sure, the mail didn't bounce if that is some consolation.

I have created a PDF of this whole thread. If you have some Maruti top honchos mail IDs, please send it to me. I can forward the PDF to all the top brass at Maruti.

Last edited by pradkumar : 26th April 2006 at 14:25.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
Mr. Khattar didn't reply to my previous mail (suggestions for Baleno) also. I guess he would have forwarded it to the appropriate managers. But for sure, the mail didn't bounce if that is some consolation.
OK, this proves that atleast the mail ID is correct and Khattar would have read it (come on 6 days is long enough)

Quote:
I have created a PDF of this whole thread. If you have some Maruti top honchos mail IDs, please send it to me. I can forward the PDF to all the top brass at Maruti.
If Khattar doesn't take action, do you think next level of management will care?

PS : BTW i dont have any maruti guys IDs you gave me the first one that was jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in and jk@maruti.co.in
Old 26th April 2006, 14:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
If Khattar doesn't take action, do you think next level of management will care?
True. I was thinking of forwarding this PDF to some of our auto gurus and motoring journalists who keep saying that "Baleno spares are reasonable".

Most Viewed