Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 23:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I would take the Accent GLE especially in that Real Earth shade which a friend of mine owns. It would give you slightly better performance and FE than the Fiesta 1.4 and its much cheaper car to mantain, *** is much better than Ford as well.

Cheers
i really doubt that the accent can give better mileage than the 1.4 Duratec mill . i'd say the fiesta 1.4 would easily give 2-3kpl more than the accent in the city.

acc to ACI(if its anything to go by)
where the accent gave 8.1kpl .. the fiesta 1.4 returned 10.2kpl
so,in conditions in which the accent gives 9.5-10kpl , the fiesta should comfotably give 12-14kpl.

when it comes to resale i pressume the fiesta will be more as the accent is likely to be phased out altogether out within the next few years (starting with accent 1.6 dohc now)

Last edited by Fiero : 16th April 2006 at 23:48.
Old 16th April 2006, 23:42   #17
BHPian

i think the baleno lxi is available for 6.41 lac in chennai and you might get discounts too ... do consider it if your wallet permits.

Last edited by Fiero : 16th April 2006 at 23:44.
Old 17th April 2006, 00:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
i really doubt that the accent can give better mileage than the 1.4 Duratec mill . i'd say the fiesta 1.4 would easily give 2-3kpl more than the accent in the city.

acc to ACI(if its anything to go by)
where the accent gave 8.1kpl .. the fiesta 1.4 returned 10.2kpl
so,in conditions in which the accent gives 9.5-10kpl , the fiesta should comfotably give 12-14kpl.

when it comes to resale i pressume the fiesta will be more as the accent is likely to be phased out altogether out within the next few years (starting with accent 1.6 dohc now)
Are you sure that you are talking about FE figures of the Accent GLE with the 1.5L engine? and not the Accent GLS with the 1.6L DOHC engine coz as much as i am aware it easily gives 10+ kmpl in mumbai traffic conditions with ease. I own neither of the 2 cars (so Accent owners, please correct me if i am wrong) but have heard a lot of praises about the FE of the Accent GLE from loads of friends who own the GLE and the GVS(with the same 1.5L engine but is discontinued now).

And Fiero, i agree completely with you, the Baleno is a much better bet than either the Accent GLE or the Fiesta 1.4. I got one around 15 days back and i just love it from day 1.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 00:37.
Old 17th April 2006, 12:54   #19
BHPian

Ford does a lot of research and puts feedbacks received from multiple people and then incorporates them into its models. Hence among Ford and Hyundai, Ford is better.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
i think the baleno lxi is available for 6.41 lac in chennai and you might get discounts too ... do consider it if your wallet permits.
Fiero recommending a Baleno ? What is the world coming to ?
Anyway, jokes apart, in that budget, the Baleno Lxi is definitely worth looking into. And regarding FE of Accent, my friend who bought his around the time I bought my car, gets 10kmpl in city with AC on.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno

Anyway, jokes apart, in that budget, the Baleno Lxi is definitely worth looking into. And regarding FE of Accent, my friend who bought his around the time I bought my car, gets 10kmpl in city with AC on.
Thats exactly what i have mentioned in my earlier post. It infact gives 10+ kmpl wiith normal driving with a/c.

Btw , Fiero recommending a Baleno came as a shock for me too.hehe

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 14:30.
Old 17th April 2006, 17:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
HaHa ... come on guys ... did i ever tell you that i like the baleno alot myself ??? ... seriously .. i do... and it definately makes sense considering the baleno here ... obviously better that fiesta 1.4 and the accent.

Cheers !!
Old 17th April 2006, 18:09   #23

ya even the aveo is will do well cause of its price in india
Old 17th April 2006, 18:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that you are talking about FE figures of the Accent GLE with the 1.5L engine?
Cheers
ya prince ... talking bout the 1.5 ... i was quoting ACI figures(which are low for all cars)

i'm sure accent does manage to give 10 in the city w/normal driving ... but in the same conditions w/normal driving ... fiesta 1.4 can manage 12+ easily
Old 18th April 2006, 08:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

the fiesta is the best bet compared to the accent considering that the accent production has stopped.... which means yes... u do get hefty discounts but no point considering the resale value when you have to sell the car in a few years....

the fiesta is a nice car... my friend just bought a diesel and we took a trip last weekend and it delivered some 30kmpl (highway) and 15+ kmpl (city) on diesel.... awesome.... the car is supersilent and is pretty responsive considering a diesel enine....

overall the fiesta is a nice car although a bit overpriced.... has a host of features and fresh appeal to it.... is sturdy, handles well and is an ideal family car.... not as big as an accent but big enough for a family of 4....

but way better than an accent.... be smart.... dont buy something ur gonna find hard to sell....

all the best....
Old 18th April 2006, 11:29   #26
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 gives 11.6kmpl. So 1.4 should give over 14kmpl!
Old 18th April 2006, 13:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
the fiesta is the best bet compared to the accent considering that the accent production has stopped.... which means yes... u do get hefty discounts but no point considering the resale value when you have to sell the car in a few years....
I read in local newspaper today that Hyundai has NOT stopped production of Accent. This appears like a rumour.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I would take the Accent GLE especially in that Real Earth shade which a friend of mine owns. It would give you slightly better performance and FE than the Fiesta 1.4 and its much cheaper car to mantain, *** is much better than Ford as well.

Cheers
Correct. I love that real earth shade. Add alloys then it looks stunning. But the thing is there are around 5-6 accents in my office and 3 of them in that shade. Moreover i am afraid hyundai might drop the price of accent GLE to 4.99 lacs just to fight with getz/swift leaving the verna to fight with the bigger cars at above 6lacs margin. Accent has lived its age is my feeling.

dev
Old 19th April 2006, 16:58   #29
BHPian

not sure if i posted this earlier.
Last month a chennai ford dealer sold 300 fiestas. outta that 200 is diesel. Rest is majority 1.6. so that leaves a very minor percentage to 1.4. That is what is holding me back. I dont want to end up having a ikon 1.3 that looks like an icon but with poor resale value and driveability.

note -did i tell you that i checked out the aveo 1.6? (posted it in my blog immediately after my test drive). The moment aveo came into this discussion accent lost its place. Now the race is one for aveo or fiesta.

dev
Old 19th April 2006, 21:50   #30
BHPian

so its the aveo 1.4 vs fiesta 1.4 dev ???
take a look at this link if you haven't already ... fellow bhpian's first impressions (1700km review)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...km-report.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks