Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2006, 22:43   #1
BHPian

New NHC ZX GXi or used 2004 Skoda rider TDI?

I almost finalised to go for NHC ZX GXi but today one of my friend told me one used Skoda is for sale.

We went to see the skoda and it is with skoda dealer and in the name of dealer.

This car is used for test drives and showroom owner personal trips. It clocked 32K and it is Sept 2004 model, its silver colour. No additional accessories are available with this car. The dealer is qouting 8.5L for this car. Condition of the car is good with out any scraches and dents and still with original Goodyear Eagle NCT tyres.

Pls suggest me which one should I buy new NHC or Used Skoda?
Old 16th April 2006, 20:30   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I would advise you to go with the NHC ZXi as you have mentioned the Octavia has been used for test drives, indicating that it could have been abused by probable consumers.
Old 16th April 2006, 23:06   #3
BHPian

Hi Sri,

Suggest you go in for a used Elantra CRDI. You should get one for 7 lacs.
Old 17th April 2006, 00:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
I would advise you to go with the NHC ZXi as you have mentioned the Octavia has been used for test drives, indicating that it could have been abused by probable consumers.
Couldn't agree more with Lambo. NHC gxi seems to be a much better bet or why don't you check out the Optra 1.6. Damn good car for that price.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 12:41   #5
BHPian

I would buy the Skoda.. Reasons simple - Diesel Economy, Higher class, great driveability - almost a better car wr.t. NHC for the same price. Also decide on your usage pattern.. if you are not going to clock atleast a 1000kms/month you may want to think abt Skoda. Take a drive and you will know. Its so comfortable to drive long distance with better ride quality and punch.
Old 17th April 2006, 13:16   #6
BHPian

I think if you are doing a cash purchase (not going in for a loan), you should buy used simply because there are many people who buy and sell the car in 6 months time and for the same price you could get a much bigger and better car.

If you are taking a loan, then avoid used because the interest rates for a used car vis a vis a new one is 4 - 5 % higher.
Old 17th April 2006, 13:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
I think if you are doing a cash purchase (not going in for a loan), you should buy used simply because there are many people who buy and sell the car in 6 months time and for the same price you could get a much bigger and better car.
For a car that is used for 6 to 7 months you should expect between 20 & 25% discount.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_jp
I would buy the Skoda.. Reasons simple - Diesel Economy, Higher class, great driveability - almost a better car wr.t. NHC for the same price. Also decide on your usage pattern.. if you are not going to clock atleast a 1000kms/month you may want to think abt Skoda. Take a drive and you will know. Its so comfortable to drive long distance with better ride quality and punch.
Agree with everything you have to say. Its a no-brainer that the Skoda Octavia TDI is a better car than the NHC but the Skoda which Sri_009 i looking at is nearly 2 years old and 32k on the odo. No one knows about the history of used cars. It must have been abused, who knows. So minor troubles and repairs may be round the corner whereas with the NHC he is getting a brand new car. IMHO, i don't think one would want to put 8.5L for a 2 year old car.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 14:31   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dont even think of buying a test / demo car. It will be amongst the most abused examples you can possibly find.

GTO
Old 17th April 2006, 15:00   #10
BANNED

I agree. Don't buy a test/demo car, you have no idea who's ripped it before you.

Also, around the 3 year mark is when Skoda maintenance can get really heavy.

NHC will be more peaceful and troublefree.
Old 17th April 2006, 17:43   #11
BHPian

My running would be 1500Kms per month (As per my existing car running).

Yes as said by Lambo, GTO and boom I will go for new NHC GXi.

There is one small issue, The car in the name of company and we dont have registered branch office in Nagpur(handling from home), so in this case I have to registered with Pune RTO (In pune we have registerred branch office). Honda dealer is saying the car has to send to pune for registration. Is it true?

Last edited by Sri_009 : 17th April 2006 at 17:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks