Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Prince read carefully he has mentioned that he is looking at a 1.5 Exi in his first post itself.

GBPS - go for the OHC with your eyes closed even if she's done 50k. If the Honda people are giving you a warranty on it then all the better, but be sure that it has not been in an accident.

As for maintenance these cars require nothing except regular servicing and part failures are pretty rare. As for the fuel efficiency she is going to give you around 12-13 km/pl in city and around 14kmpl on the highway. However if you drive with a lead foot like me you might not get those figures!!

If you are worried about the car having done 50K don't worry my OHC VTEC has already done 95k and is still as good as new, my friend has a OHC 1.3 which has done 155k and is still a great drive and another friend has 1.5 which has done 170k. So if serviced properly you have no issues driving it for another lakh or two kilometres.

And just to help you decide ask all OHC lovers on this site the OHC as we all agree is a great car to drive! We are still smitten by it and the general consensus is that it is a vastly more fun machine than the NHC.

Hope you enjoy driving whatever car you decide to buy!!

Thanks buddy if both the cars are same in performance then i think ill go for maruti as easy spares availability.
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars
...i'm not buying the honda with a deep pocket, but with a heart for the machine...
Listen to your heart... OHC is a classic, especially the VTEC
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool
Thanks buddy if both the cars are same in performance then i think ill go for maruti as easy spares availability.
Performance of the OHC 1.5 and the Baleno is around about the same. But, yes the OHC VTEC for sure blows the Baleno away. Take a pick. I would suggest you stick to the Baleno since you are looking at a second hand buy. Maruti A** network is very large and finding help will be easy in case of problems.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd April 2006 at 14:21.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Performance of the OHC 1.5 and the Baleno is around about the same. But, yes the OHC VTEC for sure blows the Baleno away. Take a pick. I would suggest you stick to the Baleno since you are looking at a second hand buy. Maruti A** network is very large and finding help will be easy in case of problems.

Cheers
As i travel a lot aroung even on highways i think in case of problems i am sure maruti guys will be there to help me. Or both the cars have same case guys i am sorry to ask u same Q again and again cause OHC is beauty and baleno is a beast.
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
As i travel a lot aroung even on highways i think in case of problems i am sure maruti guys will be there to help me. Or both the cars have same case guys i am sorry to ask u same Q again and again cause OHC is beauty and baleno is a beast.
Hey cool, you don't seem to look cool now

Well, just check that OHC.. I don't think you encounter problems on highways regularly and you are a little bit too much concerned.. As I said earlier choose one and go for it.
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
SO if thats the way you looks at the 2 cars. You make a choice for yourself if you prefer the Beauty or the Beast.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2006, 16:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
...i am sorry to ask u same Q again and again cause OHC is beauty and baleno is a beast...
Looks like you havn't been reading your comic books completely... The Beauty should finally marry the Beast in the fairy tale! So whom are you marrying?
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Looks like you havn't been reading your comic books completely... The Beauty should finally marry the Beast in the fairy tale! So whom are you marrying?
I never knew there was a comic book on the "beauty and the beast". I saw a cartoon movie a few years back and yea it ended up quite the way you said.

Cheers
Old 24th April 2006, 13:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I never knew there was a comic book on the "beauty and the beast". I saw a cartoon movie a few years back and yea it ended up quite the way you said.

Cheers

Thanks buddy I bought baleno . its such a great car to drive I am thinking of putting new tyres and mags pls do suggest. Rim size 14' 15' or what????? and tyre size too
Thanks in advance
Old 24th April 2006, 14:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy I bought baleno . its such a great car to drive I am thinking of putting new tyres and mags pls do suggest. Rim size 14' 15' or what????? and tyre size too
Thanks in advance
Congrats on the purchase buddy! you did make a great choice. I would suggest you to upgrade to 185-65-R14's Bridgestone Potenza Grid III's or Yokohama AVS ES100's with rims from either Neo or Aura if you want warranty or else there are a lot of imported ones like HR, League, Millenium etc. I suggest you browse through the Tires and Alloy Wheels section of TBHP coz we are getting here.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 24th April 2006 at 14:57.
Old 24th April 2006, 15:39   #26
BHPian

honda, honda, honda for me......

i bought one used OHC VTEC and i have no regrets.....
Old 24th April 2006, 16:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase buddy! you did make a great choice. I would suggest you to upgrade to 185-65-R14's Bridgestone Potenza Grid III's or Yokohama AVS ES100's with rims from either Neo or Aura if you want warranty or else there are a lot of imported ones like HR, League, Millenium etc. I suggest you browse through the Tires and Alloy Wheels section of TBHP coz we are getting here.

Cheers

Thanks for suggestion
Old 25th April 2006, 09:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Did you buy the 2003 Baleno you were looking for or did you buy a brand new one!
Old 25th April 2006, 13:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy the 2003 Baleno you were looking for or did you buy a brand new one!

Difference between new and old in terms of money was very less approx 2 lacs so thought of buying a new car instead of buying old one with approx 50000km on clock.earlier i thought there was a huge difference. Anyway thanxs for suggestion
Old 25th April 2006, 19:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Difference between new and old in terms of money was very less approx 2 lacs so thought of buying a new car instead of buying old one with approx 50000km on clock.earlier i thought there was a huge difference. Anyway thanxs for suggestion
Ok soo congrats on the purchase. BTW, just out of curiosity, is it an LXI or a VXI

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks