Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 09:18   #1
BHPian

Help-Ikon Flair price

Did any body buy Ikon Flair recently in bangalore? What was the deal? My friend is getting a quote of around 5.3 lacs(including an MP3 player) on road from both the dealers. Is it a good deal?
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:10   #2
BHPian

I think a fellow bhpian booked his black ikon flair for 5.05L in Pune. now i guess prices of Mumbai-Pune are higher than that of Bangalore. So i guess your friend should get the car for nothing more than 5L. If possible try not to take the MP3 player from the dealership as they are heavily priced. You can opt for a further discount on the car instead.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:38   #3
BHPian

Thanks Prince. Bangalore price is infact higher than Pune/Bombay because of the life time tax we are paying here.
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:59   #4
BHPian

We in Mumbai also pay a lifetime tax. I think it is better known as a one time tax.

BTW, i have a friend in Bangy who last week inquired about the on-road price of an esteem VXI. Its RS.5,80,000/- in Mumbai and he said that it was RS.5,60,000/- in Bangalore.

THis was just an instance you would by which you would know that Bangalore prices are infact lower than Mumbai Prices in the case of an Esteem by 20k. So i assume they would be lower in the case of an Ikon as well. BTW, the above prices are without any discounts whatsoever.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd April 2006 at 11:11.
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:19   #5
BHPian

Hello Sivadas,

Here's the initial standard quotation which I got from the dealer in pune initially..
Without Blast Pack : 5.16 L
With Blast pack : 5.32 L (which includes Kenwood MP3 player,mud flaps,boot mat,floor mat,autocop) ...

I wd suggest yr friend not to go for the music system given by the Ford guys..its not that good...for the same price,you will get a better music system.

I bargained hard and I got a price of 5.05 (with blast pack but without the music system)
I got a dealer cash discount of 9K + 7.5K corporate discount + 11k deducted from blast pack for not opting for music system...= total approx 28K...

Ask your friend to bargain hard on cash discounts + ask them to give more features eg: rear spoiler if u need...

Please see the Thread posted by me for more information....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...6-verdict.html
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
Hello Sivadas,

Here's the initial standard quotation which I got from the dealer in pune initially..
Without Blast Pack : 5.16 L
With Blast pack : 5.32 L (which includes Kenwood MP3 player,mud flaps,boot mat,floor mat,autocop) ...

I wd suggest yr friend not to go for the music system given by the Ford guys..its not that good...for the same price,you will get a better music system.

I bargained hard and I got a price of 5.05 (with blast pack but without the music system)
I got a dealer cash discount of 9K + 7.5K corporate discount + 11k deducted from blast pack for not opting for music system...= total approx 28K...

Ask your friend to bargain hard on cash discounts + ask them to give more features eg: rear spoiler if u need...

Please see the Thread posted by me for more information....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...6-verdict.html
Sivadas, I feel our friend Nitin has got a very good deal on the Ikon Flair. IMHO, it will be a great help for you to understand exactly how much you can bargain for this car.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:05   #7
BHPian

I would suggest that you try taking quotations from atleast two dealers and then start the bargaining game...I took it from Planet ford and then went to Talera ford...they fought hard amongst themselves for the deal...and finally,I opted for the Talera ford guys...Planet ford's final price was 5.07 but they didn't offer me any freee'bies...The branch sales head of Planet Ford called me and said that I had indeed got a good deal from Talera guys and she apologized saying that she cdn't manage to match the Talera guys deal...its beyond her reach !

Last edited by nitinhegde : 22nd April 2006 at 13:07.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest that you try taking quotations from atleast two dealers and then start the bargaining game
Thanks Nitin and Prince.
My friend is trying to do the same with Cauvery and Metro ford guys. But I wanted to have an idea (from somebody in Bangalore) on how much they might go down

Last edited by sivadas : 22nd April 2006 at 14:39.
Old 11th October 2006, 16:12   #9
BHPian

I'm interested in this too as I plan on picking up a 1.3 Flair sometime this month or next. I visited Cauvery Ford last weekend and they quoted around 5.44 L on-road, which struck me as pretty high. This doesnt seem to include any accessories either. It goes somewhat like this:

Ex-showroom price : 4,75,000
Tax : around 47,000
Insurance : 17,000

There's also some extended warranty cost.

Is this the going price right now? or can I expect some discounts. I have not spoken to the guys at Metro yet (Not sure if thats a good idea after reading several threads here!)

Any info / help appreciated

Thanks,
Ajit
Old 11th October 2006, 20:35   #10
BHPian

The tax appears to be quite high....
Few months back , The RTO tax was raised to 7 % from 4% I guess in maharashtra...I had bought it before it was increased.
The effective on-road price in Pune without the blast pack would now come to around 5.2 lakhs I think....
Extended warranty for the second year was given free by the dealer..
The third year extended warranty costs around 4000.

I can give you more info if you tell me some more details about what all it includes....does it include the so called blast pack?...Please see my old post for more details - the link is given in this thread as well....
Old 11th October 2006, 21:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic--
Why dont you consider the Petra? Similar pricing with a great engine, nice features and a lot better service support than earlier. Only thing it lacks is the styling but thats subjective again.
Old 12th October 2006, 09:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini
I'm interested in this too as I plan on picking up a 1.3 Flair sometime this month or next. I visited Cauvery Ford last weekend and they quoted around 5.44 L on-road, which struck me as pretty high. This doesnt seem to include any accessories either. It goes somewhat like this:

Ex-showroom price : 4,75,000
Tax : around 47,000
Insurance : 17,000

There's also some extended warranty cost.

Is this the going price right now? or can I expect some discounts. I have not spoken to the guys at Metro yet (Not sure if thats a good idea after reading several threads here!)

Any info / help appreciated

Thanks,
Ajit
It used to be around 5.3 lacs + some free accessories for Flair. Not sure on any recent increase in price. From what ever we heard in this forum better stick to Cauvery Ford than Metro. But for bargaining purpose, you may need to talk to both dealers.
As Tata is not selling Petra or Palio Diesel, if you want to buy petra you will have check with Javali motors near Silk board junction. They can arrange it through their Hubli dealership. Not sure whether they have already become Bangalore Fiat dealership. What ever, they do service Fiat cars and it is excellent.
Old 12th October 2006, 10:44   #13
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure about the blast pack - heard about that on this thread actually. Salesman at the dealership didnt mention anything about it, so I doubt it's included.

Will keep you posted on new developments.

Cheers,
Ajit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks