Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 12:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Huh? Phasing out a model which Maruti just gifted to Indian Idol 2?!
Well heard rumours that after the Zen & the Esteem, the Baleno is the one thats going to be discontinued. Guess.....they are just rumours. Hope it stays that way, cos am picking up one & praying hard
Old 27th April 2006, 12:58   #17
BHPian

I did some research on the ford fusion coz I had zero knowledge on the fusion reviews, it seems like based on 22 reviews from the owners of the fusion its a 50% recommendation. you do the math
*peace*
Old 27th April 2006, 12:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Zen thing I read in the papers. How come the Esteem is also mentioned as to be discontinued ? I don't remember reading this aywhere.
Old 27th April 2006, 13:17   #19
BHPian

If you have fusion in mind, you definitely need to keep fiat adventure as an option. It scores over fusion in almost all aspects. Test drive it and you will know what I mean...

Now that Tata has taken over sales and servicing, maintenance would improve certainly....

Just bought one...and cant get enough of it

[will soon put a review of the car in the reviews section]
Old 28th April 2006, 07:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari
...Well heard rumours that after the Zen & the Esteem, the Baleno is the one thats going to be discontinued...
If Maruti does that, even Sonia's sacrifice will pale into insignificance...!
Old 28th April 2006, 10:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
BTW, among the 3 cars that we talking about in this thread, i think even you would have to agree that the Baleno is anyday better than the Accent Viva Petrol and the Fusion by a long way.
in my opinion also Baleno is far better than both of the above mentioned cars. ford has a problem of costly services plus a small network, hyundai have a dealer network but i dont think they will b as widely spread as maruti.

i wud suggest to go for a test drive of each cars & buy which u like. follow ur heart since everytime 2 turn the ignition key there must b a smile on ur face.
Old 28th April 2006, 15:16   #22

Beware

Hi Buddy,
You should know that Fusion is now discontinued by Ford as what Ford showroom claimed yesterday 27 April 2006.
You should rule out the option of Fusion from your list. Go for Fiesta SXI in place of Fusion.
Baleno Vxi is the best... I am too going for Baleno Vxi. Alas I took this decision a bit late.... Now maruti is squeezing discounts on Baleno wef 1st May 2006.

Last edited by premanshu : 28th April 2006 at 15:20.
Old 28th April 2006, 15:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premanshu
Hi Buddy,
You should know that Fusion is now discontinued by Ford as what Ford showroom claimed yesterday 27 April 2006.
You should rule out the option of Fusion from your list. Go for Fiesta SXI in place of Fusion.
Fusion is discountinued can you pass the news link.

Quote:
Baleno Vxi is the best... I am too going for Baleno Vxi. Alas I took this decision a bit late.... Now maruti is squeezing discounts on Baleno wef 1st May 2006.
so whats the new discount? earlier it was 25k off + free insurance, right.
Old 28th April 2006, 15:56   #24

I did not searched for the same on net but I was considering Fusion as an alternative due to 1L discount and 0% interest for loan@3 yrs. When I checked the same in Ford Showroom then dealer told me that it has been discontinued.
Then I went to Maruti showroom to book Baleno Vxi and the dealer told me that he will not be booking the same today and also that new discount scheme is going to come from 1st May 2006 by Maruti and they will then talk about discounts.

I read in a magazine that maruti is giving a discount of 15K + free insurence + free registration instead of 28K + free insurence. Also there will be a change in dealer discount as well.
Old 28th April 2006, 16:10   #25
BHPian

In international market, Baleno has been discontinued, where Fusion and Accent still sell.
Old 28th April 2006, 16:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Buddy,
Ha. This is news to me too. What am I hearing today? Fusion is discontinued, Accent CRDI is discontinued...

I was planning to evaluate Fusion and Adventure for my next buy sometime mid next year. Looks like Fusion option is ruled out.
Old 28th April 2006, 16:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I did not searched for the same on net but I was considering Fusion as an alternative due to 1L discount and 0% interest for loan@3 yrs. When I checked the same in Ford Showroom then dealer told me that it has been discontinued.
Then I went to Maruti showroom to book Baleno Vxi and the dealer told me that he will not be booking the same today and also that new discount scheme is going to come from 1st May 2006 by Maruti and they will then talk about discounts.

I read in a magazine that maruti is giving a discount of 15K + free insurence + free registration instead of 28K + free insurence. Also there will be a change in dealer discount as well.
old baleno discount = 25k + free insurance(24k) = 49 k
new baleno discount = 15k + free insurance (24k) + free reg (28 k) = 67 k??
Old 28th April 2006, 16:45   #28

Free registration in Gurgaon = 9.8K :((
Old 28th April 2006, 16:49   #29
BHPian

One more comment regarding fusion - the dealer himself told me that the fusion has bad interiors...which have a problem of rattling after few months...for a new one as well......
Old 28th April 2006, 16:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
One more comment regarding fusion - the dealer himself told me that the fusion has bad interiors...which have a problem of rattling after few months...for a new one as well......
did the dealer tell this before the model was discountinued or after that

Most Viewed