Team-BHP - Fusion + ABS or Baleno VXI or Accent Viva ABS? What to buy? Confused like anything..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Fusion + ABS or Baleno VXI or Accent Viva ABS? What to buy? Confused like anything.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/12559-fusion-abs-baleno-vxi-accent-viva-abs-what-buy-confused-like-anything.html)

Researched a lot on these cars...This is what I feel personally..

1) Fusion - Great sophisticated (SUVish) looks, lots of space, good ground clearance, good features overall, good pick up and u get an over 8 lakh vehicle at less than 7 lakhs..amazing... but I am not sure on its resale, spare parts..the interiors as well are not that great..

2) Baleno - better built, FE, okish space, best pick up out the 3 but looks are not appealing and no ABS..i know u guys will love to add on.. so I am stopping here

3)Viva - overall good in all respects lastly...I must confess that I am inclined towards Fusion but will love to hear from you guys....

Sendu, Choice of a car does not always depend on what the car is bout it also depends on what u want from the car. U could start by telling us how much do you drive on a daily basis, how much of this drive is on Highway/city. Is the FUSION's ground clearance important? it can't offroad ... then how many ppl do you hope to carry around? And how long do you intend to keep the car.

ABS i think is a dealer fitment on hyundais atleast. they asked me 25k for it on my santro, i didn't take it.

EDIT: i would consider VIVA crdi ;)

should have mentioned these..never mind

average drive - 20 - 25 kms 3 persons mostly...on highways say once or twice in a month and definately, looking fwd to atleast a 3-4 year space before i go for a new one again...

Well......... The Fusion, you are right.....Resale is pathetic, spare parts i heard are very expensive.
Accent Viva- Nothing great about this car unless its a CRDI.
Baleno-Great car if you can bear the looks.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85
Well......... The Fusion, you are right.....Resale is pathetic, spare parts i heard are very expensive.
Accent Viva- Nothing great about this car unless its a CRDI.
Baleno-Great car if you can bear the looks.

Cheers

"Cheap baleno spares is a myth" have a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...iesta-nhc.html

Anyways, fuel prices increase is imminent, just try to search for a fuel efficient car....

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
"Cheap baleno spares is a myth" have a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...iesta-nhc.html

Anyways, fuel prices increase is imminent, just try to search for a fuel efficient car....

Servicing costs of the Baleno is cheap compared to the competition. Its just the accident parts esp headlights and tail-lights of the 2006 Baleno are expensive for some reason. And BTW, among the 3 cars that we talking about in this thread, i think even you would have to agree that the Baleno is anyday better than the Accent Viva Petrol and the Fusion by a long way.

Cheers

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sendu79
...Confused like anything...

Then why add more conFUSION to your life? Go for Baleno!

Quote:

Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Then why add more conFUSION to your life? Go for Baleno!

Hi All,

I currently drive a Wagon R Vxi & am a fairly satisfied owner. I have been looking to upgrade and after doing some zillion test drives. I have narrowed down to the Baleno Lxi.

It's a pretty fun car to drive with awesome low-end torque. It's coming to me for about 5.50 L on road, which I think is a damn good deal.

I was just wondering if any of you have any news when the Baleno is going to be phased-out. Though Maruti never phases out it's models, don't want to be stuck with a discontinued model.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Dealers give upto 90k deduction of Fusion (the top end one) and you can push more. Heard it was 6lac somehting OTR here.

the only major downside of the fusion is its resale ... but if you 'really love the car' ... go for it man... its a lac cheaper than the baleno vxi / accent viva which should compensate a little for resale.

25km a day = 36K kms in four years + outstation journeys ... do the calculation on your savings

bottom line : you love it ... as long as you can afford it ... why not spend a little more on maintaing it, than settle for your 'second choice'.

Cheers !!

I test drove the Accent and Getz before deciding on the Baleno. The single most important factor was that the Accent just doesn't like bad roads. In India, where are the good roads? I had the good fortune to test both cars on Pune's notorious bad roads during monsoons. The Getz is better than the Accent when it comes to tackling bad roads.

getting the Fusion at 6.9l + free: 15k accessories + 2 years TMP (8.33 on road in Hyderabad)....still negotiating hard...
Resale...hmmm...I had a talk with the dealer on this...they suggested that ford like Maruti buys back its own vehicles..Donot know at what price but atleast u have a way out now....

what say???

The Fusion seems to be a nice car - I like the looks. But, due to some reason it does not seem to be selling well. This is both an advantage (you should be able to get a great deal) and disadvantage (low resale, chances of phasing out etc) for you.
Looks like you are inclined towards the Fusion. Go for it then. But squeeze out the max discounts from them. There are fusion owners on this forum. Check with them as to what discounts/freebies they got. In short, get the BEST possible deal.

Go for the Fusion its a great car. If you can stretch your budget to a fiesta 1.6, nothing like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kewlferrari
...I was just wondering if any of you have any news when the Baleno is going to be phased-out...

Huh? Phasing out a model which Maruti just gifted to Indian Idol 2?!