Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Prince, even i didn't say that you are accusing

I bought out the baleno just because in this thread "optra" was a candidate b'cos of its discount. Hence Baleno being strongly discounted falls into the category.

cheers.
Its ridiculous to assume things. Optra is in a different segment all-together. You just can't assume just on basis of cars that are disounted heavily. Ford Ikon 1.3 is being discounted even more than the Baleno soo why don't you assume that as well? C'mon IMHO, its best to comment on Kumar's choice which is being considered(period).
Old 27th April 2006, 11:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx

No doubt, but the fact of the matter is NHC is more FE than Baleno period. And the difference in FE between them is not just 1 kmpl as a few people try to say on websites.......just let people check it out with their friends the facts will be clear.
So thats what i am trying to say is that NHC is more FE than the Baleno purely because the Baleno kills the NHC in performance. With more power and performance come less FE.
Old 27th April 2006, 11:35   #18
BHPian

I am getting an FE of around 13-14kmpl in city conditions in mumbai in my Baleno. I don't know FE figures of the NHC but i guess it should be more than the Baleno by 1kmpl(a number which you disagree) which gives the NHC and FE of 15kmpl. Now are you trying to say that the NHC gives 17-18kmpl(coz you say it gives 3-4kmpl more than the Baleno)
Old 27th April 2006, 11:39   #19
BHPian

Venkat, i feel we are getting way here. Lets stick to the thread which is Discounted Chevy Optra vs Chevy Aveo 1.4LS vs NHC GXI. We can continue our discussions over pm's if you feel like or maybe in another thread.

Cheers
Old 27th April 2006, 11:39   #20
BANNED

Man why does Baleno have to be dragged into every single thread? The poor guy doesn't even want to buy one.

Only post comments on NHC, Aveo and Optra please, I think we shouldn't confuse him.
Old 27th April 2006, 11:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Man why does Baleno have to be dragged into every single thread? The poor guy doesn't even want to buy one.

Only post comments on NHC, Aveo and Optra please, I think we shouldn't confuse him.
I agree with you fully BOOMY .
Cheers
Old 27th April 2006, 11:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I am getting an FE of around 13-14kmpl in city conditions in mumbai in my Baleno. I don't know FE figures of the NHC but i guess it should be more than the Baleno by 1kmpl(a number which you disagree) which gives the NHC and FE of 15kmpl. Now are you trying to say that the NHC gives 17-18kmpl(coz you say it gives 3-4kmpl more than the Baleno)
Baleno has two main problems "the high spares cost" and "low FE(relative to NHC)"

"high spares cost" is very much evident in the thread that already running and people can can find out the costs just by calling the respective dealers.

"FE" no point debating this, b'cos i wont agree to what you say and you wont agree to what i say.....its better left to the buyers who can do this reality check by talking to different owners.

PS: If you are getting 13-14 kmpl with baleno.....you will surely get 17-18 with a NHC Anyways we can stop our baleno/nhc debate on this thread.
Old 27th April 2006, 12:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar
Hi all,

I am newbie to this forum. I am planning to buy a car next month. As usual i am in dilema of what to choose.

My needs are excellent Road presence, a Head turner, good rear seat comfort(for my parents) and FE not worried too much about power.

Average 1000-1300 Km per month.

I talked honda and Chevy dealers, Chevy dealer told me he can give me huge discount on 2005 optra 1.6. I know optra is big C+ segment car then aveo and NHC i am worried buying a 2005 model would be wise idea or not.

I don't like the NHC because the look is not appealing.

I am going to keep the car for 5 yrs atleast.

And also realy like the Aveo Metallic Amber color woth spoiler. any comments on choosing that colour.

Thanks
Kumar
Well... coming back to the thread... if FE is one of the main criterias and you do not mind the looks of NHC Zx, I would suggest you go for it. The second option (if FE is not one of the main criteria) will be Optra. I agree Aveo is a mini Optra, why go for mini when you can afford the full version!
Old 27th April 2006, 12:37   #24
BHPian

Hey everybody,
I would like to add my small opinion over here...
Look at the bottom line, Honda or Suzuki? Honda's engine is always on the top compared to suzuki's engine. Honda's resale value is always good compared to suzuki where ever you go in this world. so, go for NHC you won't regret. *peace*
Old 27th April 2006, 12:41   #25
BHPian

if there is a option between Aveo/Optra/NHC, go for the Optra :-) its big, spacious, powerful, looks cool and hey what else do you want?
If its between Aveo/NHC, go for NHC.
*peace*
Old 24th May 2006, 12:13   #26
BHPian

Kumar,
I got myself a 2005 Optra 1.6 for a discount of 83K. The discount is for the previous yrs stock. But it is the exact same machine of 2006.
I am absolutely enjoyin the optra, and the VGIS gives me 10.7 in the city. I thought this was damn good. Only thing make sure you get the VGIS of 2005 which came in after sep.
I took NHC for a ride. I didnt like the interior or the space much. Besides the Optra looks class.
Aveo is actually rated slightly lower than fiesta, in the latest Overdrive Mag...so go for the optra.
Also if u can,let me know which dealer ur going through. I can give u a good contact inside. Go with MPL , much better and cheaper that Sundram.

Optra hands down.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Leave out Aveo n choose b/w the other two....
Optra - Fantastic road presence n comfort levels ....
NHC - If u can bear the looks....Its a HONDA need i say more...

Venkat n Prince..!!!
Pls leave Baleno out of this......

Last edited by kpzen : 24th May 2006 at 12:29.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:57   #28
BHPian

My June 2005 optra 1.6 gives 10.5-11kmpl when my dad is driving...
but when i got to hyderabad and start driving it it give 9-9.5 to me...
Old 24th May 2006, 13:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Simple choice, you want a C segment car or a D segment one?

My choice would surely be this : -

Old 24th May 2006, 14:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar
My needs are excellent Road presence, a Head turner, good rear seat comfort(for my parents) and FE not worried too much about power.
Going by looks (which would cover your requirements of road presence / head turner), I would suggest the Optra. It has adequate power too. But then FE is pretty bad and FE happens to be important to you. It is 8kmpl in city with a/c as per an owner I know - but then check with others also to confirm bcos I remember reading figures between 9-10 kmpl. NHC would be the choice if you go by FE (13kmpl), but then looks are so-so. Aveo is new, looks OK, but not much data available on FE and long term costs. The decision is yours. If I were the one making the decision, I would go for the NHC.

@Kumar, did you have a D-segment car also in mind, apart from the 3 mentioned above ? Read through the the thread, but did not find any reference.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 24th May 2006 at 14:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks