Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 15:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Fusion is a fabulous and totally under rated car. The discounts that are being offered on it make it a good deal. However wait till they redesign the bumper, cos then it will have a lower sticker price, courtesy the new small car excise structure!
Old 24th May 2006, 15:54   #32
BHPian

Old Optra Mileage was in the range of 8 to 9 in city with a/c. The new remapped vgis engine should easily give you 11-12 on the highway with optimum driving skills. This makes it really back on track where FE is concerned. This is the milage u get if u want a head turner....small price to pay if u ask me.
Old 24th May 2006, 15:55   #33
BHPian

Kumar, since you say "not worried too much about power", vote for NHC with eyes closed. Only worthy negative NHC has - little low on power. But its good enough for city driving. Can go past autos, Indicas, Santros, slow trucks, Flairs and Accents without any problem. You miss it a bit only if you want to sprint on highways.

I am a happy NHC-CVT customer, which IMHO is just the best city car right now. Comfortable, spacious and quiet inside. Hasslefree (1 year so far). And good FE.
Old 24th May 2006, 16:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecords
I am a happy NHC-CVT customer, which IMHO is just the best city car right now. Comfortable, spacious and quiet inside. Hasslefree (1 year so far). And good FE.
Yes, it is one good choice for city driving. BTW, what is the FE that you get ?
Old 24th May 2006, 17:49   #35
kdb
BHPian

Just check out this link ... you can compare the cars at one go!!

http://www.carwale.com/New/CarCompar...ar3=527&car4=3

I would recommend to go for the Aveo 1.4 its definately a VFM
Old 24th May 2006, 19:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
"high spares cost" is very much evident in the thread that already running and people can can find out the costs just by calling the respective dealers.
oh no ! not again !! for all bhpians who are reading this input on the baleno for the first time on this forum - please take venkat's advice to find out "high spares cost" of the baleno ..
also have a look at ACI Nov '05 issue to check out the "low spares cost" of the Baleno

Back to the topic.
You have not mentioned your budget .. assuming it to be around 8 L and that you will not consider a used car .. I would take the Optra anyday ..
It's got major road presence compared to the other two and more spacious and comfy .. and FE ain't all that bad. Go for it.
Old 25th May 2006, 00:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

I think this forum is obsessed with Baleno, whether good or bad. Its like any thread that has the B word in it, is an instant sensation. I have had my share in Baleno threads in the past, but prince dude, chill, we are fed up by reading the same stuff again and again.
Old 25th May 2006, 00:50   #38
BHPian

if you are a bit more open minded, pls do have a look at this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...ng-better.html

adventure is the name of the game.
Old 25th May 2006, 09:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I think this forum is obsessed with Baleno, whether good or bad. Its like any thread that has the B word in it, is an instant sensation. I have had my share in Baleno threads in the past, but prince dude, chill, we are fed up by reading the same stuff again and again.
Frankly,me and many other bhpians are used to your cynic view-point. I am aware you dislike the Baleno, its evident from your coments in some Baleno galleriers in TBHP. I suggest you make your point and post rather than pointing fingers at anyone else.

BTW, coming back to the topic, i would suggest an Optra for the thread starter

Last edited by prince85 : 25th May 2006 at 09:24.
Old 25th May 2006, 14:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
The Fusion is a fabulous and totally under rated car. The discounts that are being offered on it make it a good deal. However wait till they redesign the bumper, cos then it will have a lower sticker price, courtesy the new small car excise structure!
I guess to get the excise rebate, both criteria have to be met: the 'length' and 'cubic' capacity.

Union Budget 2006-2007: Excise duty on cars having engine capacity upto 1,200 cc (petrol based engines) and 1,500 cc (diesel based engines) and length of the car upto 4,000 mm reduced from 24% to 16%.

Indica Xeta has a length of 3675mm, but it loses out on the excise rebate on cubic capacity. So in the Fusion, they have to plonk a < or =1.5L diesel engine and then reduce the length.

Last edited by pradkumar : 25th May 2006 at 14:41.
Old 25th May 2006, 14:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
So in the Fusion, they have to plonk a < or =1.5L diesel engine and then reduce the length.
I recall a writeup in ACI mention that Ford might just do that .. the 1.4 Duratorq in the Fusion .. they just might discover a new market with a diesel Fusion at around 6 L .. but that may take time ..

Meanwhile @kumar go for the Optra ! You haven't mentioned your budget yet ..
Old 25th May 2006, 15:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
I guess to get the excise rebate, both criteria have to be met: the 'length' and 'cubic' capacity.

Union Budget 2006-2007: Excise duty on cars having engine capacity upto 1,200 cc (petrol based engines) and 1,500 cc (diesel based engines) and length of the car upto 4,000 mm reduced from 24% to 16%.

Indica Xeta has a length of 3675mm, but it loses out on the excise rebate on cubic capacity. So in the Fusion, they have to plonk a < or =1.5L diesel engine and then reduce the length.
It is already been tested and there are some spy pics in ACI, June 2006. They have trimmed the bumpers. They will add a 1.4L TDCi engine and voila you get a good excise duty however i think the government are fools to lay such foundations. More capacity engines are more frugal and efficient. Guess manufacturers should get down to TCing their <1.2L cars.

@ kumar - With the AVEO top version 1.6L VGIS LT you would get ABS, Airbags and at similar price you could get a Optra 1.6 now you decide you want more space or more features.

Over and out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks