Team-BHP - Dicounted Chevy optra vs Chevy Aveo 1.4 LS vs NHC GXI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Dicounted Chevy optra vs Chevy Aveo 1.4 LS vs NHC GXI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/12682-dicounted-chevy-optra-vs-chevy-aveo-1-4-ls-vs-nhc-gxi.html)

Hi all,

I am newbie to this forum. I am planning to buy a car next month. As usual i am in dilema of what to choose.

My needs are excellent Road presence, a Head turner, good rear seat comfort(for my parents) and FE not worried too much about power.

Average 1000-1300 Km per month.

I talked honda and Chevy dealers, Chevy dealer told me he can give me huge discount on 2005 optra 1.6. I know optra is big C+ segment car then aveo and NHC i am worried buying a 2005 model would be wise idea or not.

I don't like the NHC because the look is not appealing.

I am going to keep the car for 5 yrs atleast.

And also realy like the Aveo Metallic Amber color woth spoiler. any comments on choosing that colour.

Thanks
Kumar

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumar
Hi all,
excellent Road presence, a Head turner, good rear seat comfort(for my parents) and FE

Road presence a head turner : all of them are good at this.

Good rear Seat : Optra is the best....NHC seats are good but bumpy due to hard suspensions. Aveo seats are OK, but the ride quality is good. [Do a test drive by sitting at back seat and on bumpy roads]

FE : NHC will give 14 kmpl in city, optra less than 9 kmpl, Aveo people say 12-14 kmpl.

FE : dont depend on magazines/websites info (including my reply :) ) talk to those who own the car, may be in your company or friends or neighbourhood.

If Aveo can give you 14 kmpl i think you can go for Aveo. Color : Aveo red looks great.

PS : Do not fall prey to discounts of a non-selling model like Optra/Baleno. Some thing must be wrong otherwise why will someone offer discount.....See NHC rarely offers discounts, but that is the best seller in C segment.

kumar,
that amber color will cost you another 55,000 extra because it is available only in the 1.4 LS model and not in the base model. i too am planning to buy aveo next month but still not decided. Just to confuse you more - did you try the fiesta 1.4 exi model? try giving it a look and post me after that. note that fiesta is nearly 30,000 lesser than the aveo base model.
dev

Probably if you can accept looks of NHC, all your criteria are fulfilled and additionally you want to keep the car for 5 years. NHC should give you the best Resale Value too!

Maybe you have teh NHC in your mind. The NHC ZX looks better thanteh old one.

OPtra has teh looks though.

If Aveo is your choice, please go for the 1.6 one, it is much much better than the 1.4ls on each and every front. The interiors naturally are better due to the wood finish. Moreover, the power n pick up are great unlike the 1.4. But AC is a bit ineffective in Aveo.

Other than looks (both exterior and interior), Fiesta scores heavily over Aveo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sendu79
But AC is a bit ineffective in Aveo.

Other than looks (both exterior and interior), Fiesta scores heavily over Aveo.

Sendu, you are right AC not so good in Aveo, Fiesta is slightly better. NHC is best amongst these.

But Baleno rules when it comes to AC.

Going by the car weight and initial feedback, Aveo might have a better FE than Fiesta....but only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
PS : Do not fall prey to discounts of a non-selling model like Optra/Baleno. Some thing must be wrong otherwise why will someone offer discount.....See NHC rarely offers discounts, but that is the best seller in C segment.

Just wanted to know if you regret buying a Baleno???? coz i somehow feel you just try to degrade a Baleno whenever possible.:)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumar
Hi all,

I am newbie to this forum. I am planning to buy a car next month. As usual i am in dilema of what to choose.

My needs are excellent Road presence, a Head turner, good rear seat comfort(for my parents) and FE not worried too much about power.

I talked honda and Chevy dealers, Chevy dealer told me he can give me huge discount on 2005 optra 1.6. I know optra is big C+ segment car then aveo and NHC i am worried buying a 2005 model would be wise idea or not.

I don't like the NHC because the look is not appealing.

And also realy like the Aveo Metallic Amber color woth spoiler. any comments on choosing that colour.

Thanks
Kumar

IMHO, go for the Optra 1.6 if its within your budget, don't worry about it being a 2005 stock. The discounts you are getting i am sure will make up for it. The Optra is a much better value coz its in a different league compared to the Aveo which is just like a "Mini Optra"

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85
Just wanted to know if you regret buying a Baleno???? coz i somehow feel you just try to degrade a Baleno whenever possible.:)

Cheers

Hey Prince, this is a good question.

Before visiting websites : My opinion of baleno was its an ugly looking old car.

After visiting websites : like www.indiacar.com Baleno FE is 10.5 , NHC is 11.5 , Baleno spares are cheap, NHC is expensive, Baleno has great AC, Suspension, Very powerful

After Buying Baleno :

The difference between Baleno FE and NHC FE under similar driving conditions is not 1 kmpl it is 3 to 4 kmpl. [this after talking to real owners in my company, neighbourhood and not based on magazines/websites]

The Baleno spares not cheap on the other hand it is exhorbitant.

NHC spares are not expensive rather the cheapest of the lot.

Great Suspensions, Great AC, Very powerful, Great Seats no doubts about these.....these are still very true and great.

I try to provide honest feedback what i have found out.......i dont belive in "love my car" to such an extent that we start lying about its strengths and weeknesses.

HI all,

Thanks for your inputs, I am going to test drive Aveo 1.4 .Just thought about Ford Fusion as it SUVish car, with good inereior space and leg room.

If I am not worried about resale will it be a good choice? Does anybody own Fusion? Also heard ford is giving big discounts.

Kumar

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
I try to provide honest feedback what i have found out.......i dont belive in "love my car" to such an extent that we start lying about its strengths and weeknesses.

I never for once accused you for not being honest in your feedback. My question is this thread has nothing to do with a Baleno at all. The thread starter hasn't mentioned anything about the Baleno at all. He is confused between the Optra, NHC and the Aveo. So why are you dragging the Baleno in this thread for. He is not even considering it.

BTW, if you are soo disgruntled at your decision of buying the BAleno and if you have problems with it. Why don't you sell it off?(its just a suggestion) I think its fairly new soo you won't face much of a depreciation. Then maybe you can buy the NHC or whichever car you feel like. Atleast after that i feel you will be more at peace. :)
Cheers

Quote:

I never for once accused you for not being honest in your feedback. My question is this thread has nothing to do with a Baleno at all. The thread starter hasn't mentioned anything about the Baleno at all. He is confused between the Optra, NHC and the Aveo. So why are you dragging the Baleno in this thread for. He is not even considering it.

BTW, if you are soo disgruntled at your decision of buying the BAleno and if you have problems with it. Why don't you sell it off?(its just a suggestion) I think its fairly new soo you won't face much of a depreciation. Then maybe you can buy the NHC or whichever car you feel like. Atleast after that i feel you will be more at peace. :)
Cheers

Prince, even i didn't say that you are accusing :)

I bought out the baleno just because in this thread "optra" was a candidate b'cos of its discount. Hence Baleno being strongly discounted falls into the category.

regarding selling off baleno dude, it wont be painless, 1.5/2 month old baleno sells at a 20 to 25% discount [ i think its true to most of the new cars]

Losing 25% on a new car will definitely not give peace :Frustrati

cheers.

[quote=venkatrx]Hey Prince, this is a good question.

Before visiting websites : My opinion of baleno was its an ugly looking old car.

After visiting websites : like www.indiacar.com Baleno FE is 10.5 , NHC is 11.5 , Baleno spares are cheap, NHC is expensive, Baleno has great AC, Suspension, Very powerful

After Buying Baleno :

The difference between Baleno FE and NHC FE under similar driving conditions is not 1 kmpl it is 3 to 4 kmpl. [this after talking to real owners in my company, neighbourhood and not based on magazines/websites]

The Baleno spares not cheap on the other hand it is exhorbitant.

quote]

Look if you consider FE, then everyone knows the the NHC delivers more FE than the Baleno. And also i feel its more dependent of driving habits. So its not fair to compare FE of your Baleno(with your kinda driving style) with someone else's NHC(with his drivind style). I repeat once again that everyone knows NHC gives more FE than the Baleno, but then Baleno kicks NHC's A** when it comes to driving pleasure and performance.

I get 13-14kmpl easily in mumbai city conditions with 50% A/c usage. So FE is purely dependent on driving styles.

Quote:

I repeat once again that everyone knows NHC gives more FE than the Baleno, but then Baleno kicks NHC's A** when it comes to driving pleasure and performance.

I get 13-14kmpl easily in mumbai city conditions with 50% A/c usage.

I think nobody (including me) questions the power/driving pleasesure/performace/ac/seats of Baleno when compared to NHC, and similarly for FE/sparescost NHC is great compared to Baleno.

Quote:

So FE is purely dependent on driving styles.
No doubt, but the fact of the matter is NHC is more FE than Baleno period. And the difference in FE between them is not just 1 kmpl as a few people try to say on websites.......just let people check it out with their friends the facts will be clear.