Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 16:01   #1
BHPian

Is it worth buying used corsa?

Hi Team,
I am looking for a used sedan to buy, I am looking for a good performance/decent mileage/and inexpensive. I came across a used corsa 2001 model which has only 25k on it. I was just wondering, is it worth buying? According to the suggestions/comments from this threads I see it is bit of a risky isn't it? Please let me know about your opinion.
Best regards
Old 26th April 2006, 16:19   #2
BHPian

I tried Corsa initially at the show room. But the fact is Iam 6 ft now and its very difficult to squeeze into it. the entry and exit is poor.. You could try the Maruti Swift .. you will like it very much
Old 26th April 2006, 17:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

A more newer second hand car's asking price is 2lac. And you know that Corsa's production ws stopped and mileage is not so gr8. Heard it was comfy though.

And dude, a Swift has more space than a Corsa! comeon, don't joke and Corsa has a boot unlike the Swift.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:17   #4
BHPian

Hi RoaringEngine,
Its better if you go in for a used Ikon/Esteem as they offer you better value for money in the long run. Apart from the ride and build quality, there is nothing great about the Corsa.

Cheers,
AJ
Old 26th April 2006, 18:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringEngine
Hi Team,
I am looking for a used sedan to buy, I am looking for a good performance/decent mileage/and inexpensive.
Best regards
Decent Mileage - Well I remember my friend owning a corsa sail 1.6 returning a mileage of 8.. now, I don't think that's decent..
Old 26th April 2006, 18:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringEngine
Hi Team,
I am looking for a used sedan to buy, I am looking for a good performance/decent mileage/and inexpensive. I came across a used corsa 2001 model which has only 25k on it. I was just wondering, is it worth buying? According to the suggestions/comments from this threads I see it is bit of a risky isn't it? Please let me know about your opinion.
Best regards
You can consider it coz its available at throw-away prices in the used-car segment. Its got a solid build, ride quality is top-notch. Spares i have heard are expensive. why don't you look at a second hand Accent/Ikon or an Esteem instead?
Old 26th April 2006, 19:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Your criteria are good performance/decent mileage/and inexpensive.
Unfortunately Corsa isn't on top in any one of them.
Old 26th April 2006, 21:42   #8
TCX
BHPian

Hmmmm, not really, unless you don't mind spending loads on maintainance. From my experience, the car feels planted unlike the Ikon, and can negotiate bumps better than other cars in its category. Has good finish, paint jobs are hard to ruin, so a similarly maintained Ford or Maruti-Suzuki won't look as new.
The engine if my memory serves me right is a Holden engine rebadged, so you cannot really call it complete German engineering. you'd be happiest with a Honda 1.3 EXi, which performs marginally better than the Corsa. Happy hunting!

TC
Old 26th April 2006, 21:49   #9
BHPian

What price are you getting it at? It is an OK car but does not qualify your requirements.
I have driven this and my first impression was the serious lack of space. It truly is lacking interior space.
The ride although good...is at the cost of handling.
The soft suspension is just too pliant for bad roads.
No... look elsewhere.
Old 27th April 2006, 11:12   #10
BHPian

wow!!! I am really thrilled by all these suggestions pouring from you guys. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have decided to drop the idea of buying that corsa (btw it was quoted for 2 lacs).
Thanks so much... Best regards
Old 25th June 2006, 12:06   #11

Hi Freind
I would suggest to another car.The Corsa 's production is stopped.Soon spares would be unavailableIt doesn't cope with your specification.Ikon flair is having best value iwould suggest you to buy that.

Most Viewed