Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:26   #1

Feedback on NHC CVT

Hi,
just joined this awesome forum ----- went through quite a few of the threads and found lots of great info. I need some help in deciding my new car. I have almost finalized it to be NHC CVT. Would appreciate very much if somebody provide some feedback on that.

A few of my friends advised me to go for the manual one (GXI) saying that maintenance for CVT is higher that manual version. Also the FE comes to about 7-8kmpl in city driving. Is that true? Also has anybody faced any issues/problems with CVT model.

Thanks in advance,
Anirban
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:41   #2
BANNED

i have had one for 3 months now no issues with the car at all. i am not sure about the maintaince bit, but staying in bombay and getting bored at signals i chose the cvt than the vtec. its very very good. i enjoy driving it day in and night. s mode i have taken it to max of 150km. which was fun. avreage im getting is around 8 - 9 - 10, thats cuz 2 ppl drive the car. one tank u can pull close to 400kms without ac and with ac a little above 350kms. i think thats good since my accent gets empty after going 275kms only. so im very happy.
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:42   #3
BHPian

i have often driven my b-in-law's CVT. Enjoyed driving it. Its a great car. Gives 12 kmpl in city

M
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:18   #4

Hi All,
thanks a lot for your feedbacks ---- very reassuring. I have already gone ahead and booked the car. Loved the interiors ---- just uncomparable plus the smooth noiseless driving was an icing on the cake.

A question for Nimish since you had the car for more than two years --- how are the maintenance costs of that and did you ever had any problems/issues.

Once again thanks a lot for your inputs.

Anirban
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:15   #5

Hi Nimish,
thanks a lot for your reply. Will definitely talk to the dealer and get the service charges and also talk about the tyres.

Anirban
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
i think thats good since my accent gets empty after going 275kms only.
You are kidding me right? How fast do you drive?

Anirban, please post up a first review of you car the moment you get it.
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:54   #7

Just curious, how long its gonna take to get your NHC CVT? I guess not that many people go for CVT(or Auto) in India so does it take more time than normal.

BTW, this place(team-bhp) rocks and really awesome. Feeling lucky to find it recently.

Thank you all.
Manoj
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:56   #8

Hi Manoj,
Just came to know from my dealer Dakshin Honda (Bangalore) that they are not very sure when they are going to get the car. I had booked on 6th April and at that time they had told me that the car would come latest by 22nd April. Under that assumption, I had taken the loan and paid in full on 19th April ----- and today they are telling me that Honda hasn't sent them the consignment yet ----- although on 23rd April they had told me that the shipment has been already done by Honda. I had a major shouting with them today and tomorrow they are going to give me a confirmation on the exact date.
TypeO- would definitely write the feed once I get it (god knows when!!!). I am really pissed off with Honda service & sales now.

Anirban
Old 3rd May 2006, 23:47   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
You are kidding me right? How fast do you drive?
trust me i aint jokin, the tank now is run down to 235 its empty the reserve hasnt started though. my muffler pipe is broken can that be the reason for the low average.
Old 4th May 2006, 02:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just came to know from my dealer Dakshin Honda (Bangalore) that they are not very sure when they are going to get the car. I had booked on 6th April and at that time they had told me that the car would come latest by 22nd April. Under that assumption, I had taken the loan and paid in full on 19th April ----- and today they are telling me that Honda hasn't sent them the consignment yet ----- although on 23rd April they had told me that the shipment has been already done by Honda. I had a major shouting with them today and tomorrow they are going to give me a confirmation on the exact date.
TypeO- would definitely write the feed once I get it (god knows when!!!). I am really pissed off with Honda service & sales now.
Brother, this time, ask them to give the confirmed date in writing. Once they've done that, they'll make sure they deliver on time.
Old 4th May 2006, 15:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banirban72
Hi Manoj,

Anirban
Anirban, i have booked my cvt on March 25th and not yet despatched. They have NO idea when it may be despatched. Am extremely disappointed with Dakshin Honda. They wanted to offer me a silver car when i have booked a black one. Can anyone guide me what action i can take?
Old 4th May 2006, 15:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Anirban, i have booked my cvt on March 25th and not yet despatched. They have NO idea when it may be despatched. Am extremely disappointed with Dakshin Honda. They wanted to offer me a silver car when i have booked a black one. Can anyone guide me what action i can take?
Please check your booking form. If it does not stipulate the date of delivery or says that the delivery date is at the sole discretion of the COmpany, then there is precious little that can be done legally.

You could go and create a royal ruckus at the dealership and claim/demand interest on your deposit. make sure u do it when there are some prospective customers in the dealership. That way , u could get some accessories thrown in the deal for free.
Old 4th May 2006, 16:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimish
regarding the delay its very common at almost every honda dealer. i've heard (not sure)that HONDA INDIA does NOT sell cars to dealers without actual bookings
It sure looks like they dont send even WITH actual bookings. latest news is they may despatch the car anywhere between 12th & 18th of May, 7-9 days for delivery (from Mars, I guess!) and then i can take it the next day after it arrives. Am going to be a total popat in front of my American boss who arrives next week - had told her in March that i would have received the car by the time she arrived.

But seriously, 2 months for delivery of a car????
Old 4th May 2006, 19:10   #14

Hi Wheelij,
that's exactly what I got to know from Dakshin Honda today about 5 mins back that it would come sometime in May end ----- but still they can't give any surity. One thing I don't know why you didn't go with whitefield honda ---- they had nighthawk black in stock for CVT till April 8th (the last time I spoke with them). For me as it was new warm silver I stuck with Dakshin.
By any chance did you pay the full amount or have paid just the advance?
Old 4th May 2006, 23:09   #15
BANNED

its funny y CVT are so much on waiting. i was looking for white colour or the maroon one but my dad loved the gold one so much that to his luck they had exactly one in stock. so i got the gold one in 7 days. maroon and white were like 2 months waiting in feb first week. i was like suxxxxx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks