Team-BHP - Urgent: Price for 2005 City GXI- Company demo car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Urgent: Price for 2005 City GXI- Company demo car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/12892-urgent-price-2005-city-gxi-company-demo-car.html)

Today I visited Sundaram Motors in Hyderabad, the dealers for Honda here enquiring about used NHC. They have one car, GXI model. It was the dealer's demo car. A 2005 Januray (Registered date), it has 10300 KMS on the odo meter. The date of manufacture is October 2004. The car looked good. couple of very tiny dents. They promised to fix those. Otherwise not many scratches. There was not much wear on the tyres too. There was not even a single scratch on the external RV mirrors. Just wondering whether they might have repainted. The interiors were also clean. The engine sounded smooth.

I couldn't test drive today because I went there just before they closed the shop for the day. Going to be there tomorrow morning along with my camera.

They were quoting 6.5 lakhs. They started with 6.6 but came down to 6.5. If I buy it, I have to pay the insurance too. Life tax is paid. Can I buy this car? What is the suggested price for the car? Yesterday I called another used car dealer and he mentioned the same price for a 2004 car with more mileage. New GXI cost 8.37 on road.

I was worried people would have ripped that car. The sales guy agreed with me there are few cases but he mentioned equal care was given to the car as prospective buys test it.

What should i check to confirm that the car is not involved in any accidents? Are there any checks that i should make?

This is the color of the car.

at the price u can get a normal used car. its not a very juicy deal for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I was worried people would have ripped that car.

That's not a worry but reality. If you're ready to pay 6.5 then look outside.

:OT Why do you want buy another car anyway?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
That's not a worry but reality. If you're ready to pay 6.5 then look outside.

:OT Why do you want buy another car anyway?

I sold off my Dad's Siena which I was using for the last 6 months. Once I buy a new car for my Dad, I am going to get back my beautiful red Palio D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Once I buy a new car for my Dad, I am going to get back my beautiful red Palio D.

Have a heart Satish!!! Don't give him a gang raped machine.

A quick calculation on costs over three years shows that, assuming you put Rs 2l down and take finance, you are only Rs 85000 better off - taking into account insurance, higher maintenance etc. Rs 6L would make it a viable proposition saving Rs 1.5 over three years

its not advisable to buy a demo car....the kind of treatment that wud have been belted out to this car by different customers is unthinkable..for the same price u can look outside and wud find better cars.they might have higher mileage but atleast wud be single owner driven.dont go for it.

May be you need to negotiate a bit harder.. 6.5L might be a bit more.. you say the car is in good condition etc etc.. perhaps if you could get it for 6L, could be a better deal..

Not advisable to buy a demo car in my opinion. Besides being used for test drives the Dealer uses it for personal use also. Came to know this when I tried to get a test drive of Aveo 1.6 on a public holiday. It seems one of the employees was using the car that day and they had only 1.4 for test drive. God only will knows how the car would be handled by these guys.

Regards
Deepu

Thanks all for the suggestions. Dropped this idea and booked another car.

Mods, please close this thread.