Old 10th May 2006, 12:32   #16
BHPian

give the Ford Fusion a try!!
it also has heavy discount upto 1.5 L.
I tried and got hooked!!
Old 10th May 2006, 12:45   #17
BHPian

BALENO it is...

Baleno is a great car at that price. Regarding the looks, trust me, when you own a car, it just grows on you, every other car looks pale in comparison especially if your car performs well. And perform it will. After 26,530 kms, my Baleno still puts a smile on my face. I prefer holding the gear instead of my wife's lovely hand. I am not intimidated by the Citysss, Skodas, or for that matter even the Corrolla when it comes to having some fun. In this weather the AC is simply marvellous. Park the Baleno in Hyderabad in the sun in the afternoon and your inside temperature will be well over 65 degrees Celcius(no film on my glass yet)...no bother, the AC is upto it and in no time. The front seats are super comfortable and the back seats are even better. I am a victim of terrible back pain, but have driven over a 1000 kms in a single day without any back pain. It is a wonderful car and I cannot imagine anyone regretting having purchased it. FE average since I have bought it, is 11.5, with AC always on. If I drive with a light foot it would give more. The max I have achieved is 15.3 with AC on the highway at 100kmph. The worst has been 8, when my right foot weighed a tonne.

As regards to its rear, which people call it flat and ugly...look at it this way, when your Baleno overtakes that so called sexy looking Aveo, City, Fiesta etc, she would be looking at them FLAT in their face. Also you are protected from bumps from the back in a Baleno, after all no one likes kissing an ugly butt

The brakes is another thing that I love in this car. I have taken it up and down inclines of Himachal, driven it really hard over all kinds of terrain, but the brakes always respond beautifully. With the worst kind of bumps, the alignment has always been spot on. You would need a good 195/60 radials though, I got a 195/60 R14 Goodyear Venturas for 1800 bux in immediate exchange of the 165/80 bridgestones that the company fitted, Alloy upgrade being separate.

Regarding the maintenance costs, I just got my car serviced for 319 bux. Was a paid service. But yes, they had to change my wheel bearings of the right rear tyre, which were expensive but were covered under warranty. Even though I love the car, I would say that the quality of its parts have deteriorated. I had to change the starter assembly almost immediately after the car was purchased and they also had to change the rear screen as one of the heating lines did not work, so I suggest taking the additional 2 year warranty which would cover your car for 4 years and 80000 kms. You could get them to discount that for you as well as you are buying it. But whatever problems I have had, none of them have been critical enough for me.

OK written too much, could be considered as a biased opinion as I haven't driven the Fiesta or the Aveo yet. All I am saying is that I am a happy Baleno owner.

Cheers,
Burjis
Old 10th May 2006, 12:47   #18
BHPian

even if the car goes for an upgraded version in dec i m sure u wont miss much. the current baleno as it is has awsome power. looks solid and is much better than the current new crop of cars.

concorde nyway is much better than the 777 even though its 30-35 years old design.
Old 14th May 2006, 17:59   #19
BHPian

i heard that mul guys will not give warranty if we install an audio system from outside market.... is this true.. i plan to upgrade to 14" from the service center itself but i would like to install the music system and security system from outside market.. but iam a bit concerned about the warranty issue .. please help me out....
Old 14th May 2006, 20:46   #20
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv
i heard that mul guys will not give warranty if we install an audio system from outside market.... is this true.. i plan to upgrade to 14" from the service center itself but i would like to install the music system and security system from outside market.. but iam a bit concerned about the warranty issue .. please help me out....
Dear Premdiv tell your installer a simple thing.All wiring for any acessories(electronics)must come from Battery and no wire should be cut to take the supply.I have pioneer system with 12 cd changer+Amplifier and LCD screen in my baleno and all wiring is comming fm Battery itself.
Old 14th May 2006, 21:07   #21
BHPian

i have one more doubht, can anybody please give me the model number of kenwood system provided with baleno vxi and also the make and number of speakers in baleno vxi.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
B***S**T

MAke sure your installer cuts NO wires... There is nothing MUL can do but ot honour the warranty...

BYW..Is this not a ripe case for MRTP? .. wonder if anyone has ever taken it up..
Old 15th May 2006, 08:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I threw the original equipment out - speakers/system, tyres, headlamps and changed it.. No problems on the warranty.. They at times are fussy about alloy wheels - mention suspension warranty void or something like that, but maruiti has factory fitted or oem alloys, so should not be a problem..
Old 15th May 2006, 11:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Baleno is a great car at that price. Regarding the looks, trust me, when you own a car, it just grows on you, every other car looks pale in comparison especially if your car performs well. And perform it will. After 26,530 kms, my Baleno still puts a smile on my face. I prefer holding the gear instead of my wife's lovely hand. I am not intimidated by the Citysss, Skodas, or for that matter even the Corrolla when it comes to having some fun. In this weather the AC is simply marvellous. Park the Baleno in Hyderabad in the sun in the afternoon and your inside temperature will be well over 65 degrees Celcius(no film on my glass yet)...no bother, the AC is upto it and in no time. The front seats are super comfortable and the back seats are even better. I am a victim of terrible back pain, but have driven over a 1000 kms in a single day without any back pain. It is a wonderful car and I cannot imagine anyone regretting having purchased it. FE average since I have bought it, is 11.5, with AC always on. If I drive with a light foot it would give more. The max I have achieved is 15.3 with AC on the highway at 100kmph. The worst has been 8, when my right foot weighed a tonne.

As regards to its rear, which people call it flat and ugly...look at it this way, when your Baleno overtakes that so called sexy looking Aveo, City, Fiesta etc, she would be looking at them FLAT in their face. Also you are protected from bumps from the back in a Baleno, after all no one likes kissing an ugly butt

The brakes is another thing that I love in this car. I have taken it up and down inclines of Himachal, driven it really hard over all kinds of terrain, but the brakes always respond beautifully. With the worst kind of bumps, the alignment has always been spot on. You would need a good 195/60 radials though, I got a 195/60 R14 Goodyear Venturas for 1800 bux in immediate exchange of the 165/80 bridgestones that the company fitted, Alloy upgrade being separate.

Regarding the maintenance costs, I just got my car serviced for 319 bux. Was a paid service. But yes, they had to change my wheel bearings of the right rear tyre, which were expensive but were covered under warranty. Even though I love the car, I would say that the quality of its parts have deteriorated. I had to change the starter assembly almost immediately after the car was purchased and they also had to change the rear screen as one of the heating lines did not work, so I suggest taking the additional 2 year warranty which would cover your car for 4 years and 80000 kms. You could get them to discount that for you as well as you are buying it. But whatever problems I have had, none of them have been critical enough for me.

OK written too much, could be considered as a biased opinion as I haven't driven the Fiesta or the Aveo yet. All I am saying is that I am a happy Baleno owner.

Cheers,
Burjis
Great writeup Burjis, can't agree with you more. Am a proud owner of the Baleno. Not been a month yet, but I have een spoilt allright
Old 15th May 2006, 12:40   #25
BHPian

@ Baleno owners : went for a trip to jaipur and the average i got was 13 with 100% AC and regular 120+ speed. do u think if i drive it at 100 i might get a better average.

but man, baleno rox. i touched 165 max at the ajmer bypass road. very well protected road for indian standards.

also there is a orange light on the right hand side of the dashboard, kind of a twisted box, that came on a couple of times while returning, ny idea what that is?
Old 15th May 2006, 13:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Great writeup Burjis, can't agree with you more. Am a proud owner of the Baleno. Not been a month yet, but I have een spoilt allright
Thanks KewlFerrari for your compliments. Thats a great decision you have made especially if you are in Delhi. The roads are fantabulous in Delhi compared to any other city down here. My Baleno is from Delhi too and I bought primarily because of the long distances that I had to travel everyday-200 kms.

I left Delhi last year in August and drove my Baleno down to Hyderbad via Bombay on the best roads that I have ever driven on in India. Did a 1000 kms in under 12 hours from Delhi to Ahmedabad with loads of stoppages on the way. If you get a chance...JUST DO IT.

Cheers,
Burjis
Old 16th May 2006, 22:09   #27
BHPian

do we get all the wheels with alloy in vxi or the spare tyre is just normal steel one as in aveo 1.6. if its so how is the tyre rotation possible. iam not aware of this alloy wheel, steel wheel blend so pls help me out....
Old 17th May 2006, 09:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
do we get all the wheels with alloy in vxi or the spare tyre is just normal steel one as in aveo 1.6. if its so how is the tyre rotation possible. iam not aware of this alloy wheel, steel wheel blend so pls help me out....
All 5 wheels are alloys in a VXi unlike the Swift and the Aveo, so you will have no problems in a 5 way Rotation.

Burjis
Old 17th May 2006, 16:54   #29
BHPian

I think Baleno is a better choice. Evenif the new vehicle comes in, I dont think that mauti can stop producing Baleno in india. The new model going to be 7 - 8 lakhs according to market guesses.
Old 17th May 2006, 17:42   #30
BHPian

At 5.25 lakhs Baleno is a steal! (I didn't have the idea that price has fallen in that level )
Suzuki cars are legendary for their reliability. It may not be best looking in the market, but after few months what you'll look is reliabilty. With the number of Balenos rising, the parts cost is due to come down.

Last edited by sbasak : 17th May 2006 at 17:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks