Team-BHP - My Baleno issue............
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   My Baleno issue............ (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/13154-my-baleno-issue.html)

hi.... iam confused between a baleno and aveo. i will be buying a car within 3 or 4 months time. i like the power of baleno very much and they are offering it at around 5.25 onroad. But for aveo they are asking 6.31 onroad for base model. anybody please help me out as i heard rumours like a new baleno coming out this december. please let me know abt the genuineness of this information. But for looks aveo scores well over baleno, but nobody seems to have impressed with the pick up and gearshift of aveo plus the fe also nowhere near gm's claim(14 -15) in city with a/c. will it be wise to wait for a price fall in aveo. in this segment dont like the ford josh machines. please:

Very tempting price. But you sure abt it? A frnd of mine was cheated by a maruti seller.

Why dont you test drive these cars. Also check out Fusion and Fiesta. I would prefer to be seen in a new product than a product that is too common and outdated.

And I presume that you aint gonna race daily when you buy a petrol sedan with a budget like that. Expect 12-13 mileage for all sedans unless you gonna be another Under Std Driving Condition driving guy.

I also faced a similar problem....Test drive is no solution to your issue as Baleno will intimidate u more than Aveo in driving aspect....Also buying base model Aveo is not good enough n Aveo LS is too costly 7lacs on road....Also did some comparison b/w them on maintenance front....The aveo is way too costly in comparison....
Try out Fiesta its better than Aveo...jusr my opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen
I also faced a similar problem....Test drive is no solution to your issue as Baleno will intimidate u more than Aveo in driving aspect....Also buying base model Aveo is not good enough n Aveo LS is too costly 7lacs on road....Also did some comparison b/w them on maintenance front....The aveo is way too costly in comparison....
Try out Fiesta its better than Aveo...jusr my opinion

Baleno parts are v costly as per posts and threads dedicated to Baleno here at tbhp.

According to the brochure the gm guys gave me, they have only single din sub standard mp3 as mandatory accessory in both aveo 1.4 and 1.4 LS. But in chevorlet site they are mentioning about 2 din mp3 player in 1.4 LS. also some features were missing. Aveo is no vfm as it does not have electrically controlled mirrors, electric trunk release etc which baleno give as standard fitment. iam not at all impressed with the looks of ford fiesta and fusion.

My bro has a MASS here....According to which the parts arent that costly as justified in the other thread(tail lamps still cost Rs.702 post 2006)....
Cost of coolant used :
Baleno Rs.180/-1L
Aveo Rs.825/-(pre water mixed 4L)

Similar rates for Engine oil also ....so expect a heavy bill even on free service

Aveo uses all imported ELF oils ...

Personally i find AVEO very ugly ... i mean it takes the crown from baleno. If you want performance and VFM then it should be baleno. Baleno is tried and tested and also has the mamoth Maruti network behind it. If you find baleno outdated then look at the top end Fiesta petrol. It is better looking in my opinion than AVEO, its newer than baleno and it shud be lighter on pocket compared to aveo.

5.25 lakhs ON-road??? for a baleno??

Are u sure??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
5.25 lakhs ON-road??? for a baleno??

Are u sure??

Checked out its 5.3lacs here....after all discounts (Ex.showroom 5.75lacs)
Wonder how its cheaper in Kerala..???

Quote:

Originally Posted by premdiv
hi.... iam confused between a baleno and aveo. i will be buying a car within 3 or 4 months time. i like the power of baleno very much and they are offering it at around 5.25 onroad. But for aveo they are asking 6.31 onroad for base model. anybody please help me out as i heard rumours like a new baleno coming out this december. please let me know abt the genuineness of this information. But for looks aveo scores well over baleno, but nobody seems to have impressed with the pick up and gearshift of aveo plus the fe also nowhere near gm's claim(14 -15) in city with a/c. will it be wise to wait for a price fall in aveo. in this segment dont like the ford josh machines. please:

Not new Baleno but new model they are going to introduce soon like Skoda(this what sources and they compared it with skoda , not me)with air bags,ABS etc..price will be btwn 9 to 10 Lacs.Maruti can change my last line anytime so do not blaim me for that but new model is surely they will introduce in next 6-9 months.

ya the mul guys from indus motors initially offered 75000/ discount from 6,10,000/- OTR + accessories. Then i didnt take the offer and after a few days they keep on calling and th discount could be increased to 85000/- .rl:

you can find all the extra features factory fitted in a baleno at a mouth watering price coz its outdated now.

Chevrolet aveo and ford fiesta have just entered the market hence the higher price.

not considering the price I will go for

ford fiesta 1.6
maruti baleno vxi
chevrolet Aveo 1.6

Recommend the Baleno big time to anybody who wants VFM. It's an awesome ride, just upgrade to wider tyres if you opt for the Lxi.

If you buy a Baleno ...
- People may not give you a second look
- You get very little image/snob value
- You get a 10yr old design (albeit one that is tried and tested)
- There is a possibility of it getting discontinued (possibly earlier than the Aveo)
- Resale value might drop further (since the discounts keep increasing)
- Interiors are not 'modern' (though I think it's quite practical)

If these things do not bother you much .. go for it .. you won't regret it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by premdiv

Go in for Baleno. After all, it's a Maruti (or rather Suzuki which is even better!). That means a lot.
As for looks, I think they are subjective. As a matter of fact, I find Baleno better looking than Aveo.