Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 19:02   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Devarshi,
do not own an Adventure.
Still a GTX.
I am guessing that unless the difference in weight is huge, there won't be a significant drop in FE and since the Adventure is based on the Palio, i don't expect it to be much more heavier.
Old 1st July 2006, 15:30   #92
BHPian

Hi everybody
I have underghone through all these processes of late. Finally I have bought Petra ELX (Power window, central locking, alloy wheels, body coloured bumpers, elecrtically operated rear view mirror) on 16th June 2006 from Delhi under 5lakh. I am very happy; I have driven almost 1000 km and am very glad that I went for it. I am getting 11kml under Delhi driving condition which is decent. AC is really fantastic and pick up is great. I wonder why peoply go for other cars in this segment!

I feel that Petra is an excellant choice.
Old 1st July 2006, 16:10   #93
BHPian

dear subodh, that is an excellent choice you have made. congratulation!

pls write a review and take some snaps and put them up in the appropriate sections.

M
Old 1st July 2006, 18:02   #94
BHPian

Dear Subodh,
Thats a good deal you got for one of the best sedans in this segment. Congrats and many blissfull drivings.How did you manage to get this below 5 lekh. I understand onroad prices are 5.70.
Chetan
Old 1st July 2006, 20:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Subodh ! a Petra ELX for 5lac OTR ! wow!
Old 1st July 2006, 21:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Subodh, Congrats on a excellent choice! How about a review with pics?
Old 3rd July 2006, 09:13   #97
BHPian

Subodh Kumar, Congratulations... that's a steal !!!!......do drive safely...

best wishes
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

hey adi....

My suggestion is that dont go in for these dealer FE tests. check for actual FE from owners. From what I have read here and from Palio user group members, teh FE of aan Adventure si realistically 9.5 to 10 with AC.

SO check with a few actual owners before u take a final call
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

@adi, there is no technique that beats a litre FE test. User feedback usually comes with lots of errors built-in. This is not intentional in most cases, but due to the practical problems involved in measuring FE in cars (with bikes, it is easy due to the presence of reserve). But in cars, the only foolproof method is hooking up a can filled with pre-determined quantity of fuel and seeing the distance travelled till the fuel is used up.

There are two issues here - the dealer tried to cheat, and then the problem with the FE being lower than what you would be comfortable with. Everyone agrees that the Adventure is a damn good looking car. But only looks don't make a car. 6.5kmpl is pathetic mileage. Don't make a decision that you will have cause to rue later - more so when you had prior info.
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Adi, This is junk. A friend of mine, who owns a Adventure, gets a mileage of 10 - 11 kmpl in City driving in Bangalore.
If you wanna speak to him, I can give you his Mob No.
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi
finneyp...I am saying what I experienced...I am not sure what is the real story myself...All I know my plan to book adventure on sunday itself, has been put on hold..whether for ever I dont know...

Does anyone, includeing you, has any experience of a fuel test, and it being so off mark from the real thing?

I think it might be worthwhile to take more opinions on this, by starting a new thread just on this topic
7kmpl is almost hard to achieve...of course, if you have blasted off at 4000 rpm and stayed there in 1st and 2nd gears, then one needs to be satisfied with 7. I am not commenting on the driving, I am trying to relate driving style to mileage....so 7 may be achievable too and so can 11... you can avg out for a 9...

If you have mileage as a primary reason for deciding a car, I would advice you to look for diesel alternatives (not petrol ones since they would be hovering around the same value), since you may not be able to enjoy the car even after you bought it ....
On the other hand if you willing to compromise for mileage for better ride, and solid feel, go for it... this holds for any of the three petra,palio and adventure....
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

@adi,

Dude the decision is finally yours whehter to buy adventure or not. But I can tell you one thing from personal experience. My cousing in Delhi owns a Palio S10 and really thrashes the car. I have driven that car over extended periods and in city, with some redlining, I got 8-8.5 with AC in Delhi (Measured on tankful to tank ful basis).

If u drive any car taht way , it will give abysimal FE figures.

a very realistic figure for the adventure is 9-10 with AC. Also check out top gear magazine. they have an adventure on long term test and report similar figures.

Ciao
Old 3rd July 2006, 21:50   #103
BHPian

I own a Siena & have been driving the 1.6 engine for the past 2 years..With my relaxed driving style - no redlining, no ego racing - i have never got below 10 - mostly above 11 - as the average in city driving - with 30% as bumper to bumper driving in heavy traffic.
Got 15+ in Hyd - Blr, Hyd - Vijaywada, Delhi - Ambala highway driving..

I guess more than anything else, FE has got to do with your driving style
Old 4th July 2006, 11:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi
(Before this one is taken care of), today I got a "suggestion" by some one withinin the FIAT co. itself regarding poor availability of adventure spares and a/s/s in general.

It was really upsetting coming this from a Fiat exec himself, specially when he said I would suggest you not to proceed with a FIAT at this moment...

Isnt that heartbreaking../..
I am not sure what he exactly means by "adventure" spares...in that case all fiat cars will have issues with spares... I would say nearly 80% or more of the adventure is palio based... and most of what is not common is the exteriors of the car.... and some changes to suspension...
If there is a big issue with Palio spares itself then Tata's would make sure that it is resolved over a period of time.... cos their reputation is at stake too....
Yes there are issues with a/s/s which are addressed at snail pace..and thats how auto industry functions... so what he says about a/s/s is not false which is why you are getting a new adventure for close to 6L. Moreover most of the cars in 6L are a generation old and due for replacement, so you would have the same concerns while buying other cars too...
Old 4th July 2006, 14:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Adi,

I strongly recommend that you stay away from Adventure (or other Fiat cars), since you are getting so many negatives vibes about the car and the company. You really should look at alternatives now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks