Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2006, 12:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

It would also help if you used a more accurate FE figure for the Baleno. A 10kmpl FE that you have used in your calc is just wrong. 12kmpl would be more like what most people (including me) get here on this forum - check out the following thread on FE figures - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-fe-poll.html

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th May 2006 at 12:18.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
It would also help if you used a more accurate FE figure for the Baleno. A 10kmpl FE that you have used in your calc is just wrong. 12kmpl would be more like what most people (including me) get here on this forum - check out the following thread on FE figures - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-fe-poll.html
supremebaleno, someone had already shown this poll, but the data is very scattered and i believe people will different mileage in different cities.....hence i spoke to people who had come for servicing in the honda, maruti and gm showrooms. on differnt forums people claimed 14 kmpl for honda city but when i spoke to owners, they claimed only 13 kmpl is possible, for baleno owners told 10 kmpl only.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100
BHPian, thanks for all your suggestions.

If some one can help me to add one diesel car option to honda exi it would be great. i believe that diesel are supposed to have higher maintenance, so when u name a diesel car option plese mention the maintenance cost aslo.
At a time when Petrol prices have shot through the roof A crdi diesel makes the best buy.

ford fiesta 1.4 TDCI
Hyundai Accent/Viva CRDI
Hyundai Elantra crdi
Mahindra scorpio Crde
Tata safari Dicor

Most of the CRDI engines I have seen have been maintainence free. Its more of a myth about The CRDI's that is associated with the old IDI engines which were high on maintainence, NVH and lack of reliability.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
supremebaleno, someone had already shown this poll, but the data is very scattered and i believe people will different mileage in different cities.....hence i spoke to people who had come for servicing in the honda, maruti and gm showrooms. on differnt forums people claimed 14 kmpl for honda city but when i spoke to owners, they claimed only 13 kmpl is possible, for baleno owners told 10 kmpl only.
You are right about the poll data being not in an easy-to-collate form. But when you are basing the FE upon what a few owners told you (word-of-mouth), why would you ignore what 16 owners/users have mentioned in the poll ? Just fail to understand the logic.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th May 2006 at 13:39.
Old 15th May 2006, 14:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
You are right about the poll data being not in an easy-to-collate form. But when you are basing the FE upon what a few owners told you (word-of-mouth), why would you ignore what 16 owners/users have mentioned in the poll ? Just fail to understand the logic.
word-of-mouth by real-people who have to come to a service center i think is pretty reliable....and that too they drive in the same city where i will be driving and of course in similar areas.

I think that there is very little possibility that car-owners who have come for servicing will have any reason to lie, because they have nothing to gain. most of them were passinate about their cars and freely explained what they liked and didn't like in their cars.
Old 16th May 2006, 14:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Shuvc, i went to maruti service station and spoke to a few customers their feedback was 10 kmpl.
yamaha100, my baleno gives 8 kmpl in bangalore, even 10 kmpl is far from reality. after second service i guess it could go up to a max of 9 kmpl. so i guess u must use 9 kmpl for ur computation.
Old 16th May 2006, 14:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
word-of-mouth by real-people who have to come to a service center i think is pretty reliable....and that too they drive in the same city where i will be driving and of course in similar areas.
I think you have made the decision then. Go for the NHC coz i feel thats the car you are more interested in.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
yamaha100, my baleno gives 8 kmpl in bangalore, even 10 kmpl is far from reality. after second service i guess it could go up to a max of 9 kmpl. so i guess u must use 9 kmpl for ur computation.
venkatrx, if this is the conclusion you came to, even after conducting the so-called "Definitive FE poll" on tbhp, all I have to say is, the poll was a complete waste of time/effort of all of us who participated in it.

If you remember, when you initiated the poll, I had wondered what the poll was supposed to achieve by asking,
Quote:
venkatrx, 2 simple doubts about this poll.
1. What exactly are you trying to find using the poll results ?
2. How are you planning to utilise the poll results to that end ?
I mean, from the current voting figures, I see that users with Baleno getting an FE of 12kmpl are the highest (15 out of 50 votes). Followed by NHC users getting 13kmpl (7 of 50 votes). Does this mean that we assume the Baleno's city FE with 100% AC to be 12kmpl and that of NHC to be 13kmpl. If so, these were already known figures. I don't really understand how the outcome of the poll results are going to prove anything.
To which, your response was the following :
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Hey Superem, i have heard a lot of FE figures for baleno , FE on this forum and other places from this poll, we will know what the majority says...
this poll will give people a better view of what most of the BHPians are getting in their cars. This i suppose should help most of the new car buyers. Now for e.g i am getting 8kmpl in my baleno....now after this poll i know if so many baleno owners are getting 12 kmpl, i can talk to maruti with a benchmark.
Of the 27 Baleno users that voted, 16 mentioned an FE of 12kmpl, while only 1 mentioned 9kmpl FE. And here we have you asking Yamaha100 to take 9kmpl as the FE for his calculations.
Is this the "help" that new car buyers should get from the Poll ? Was this what "most of tbhp-ians were getting" ?

BTW, I keep hearing about B'lore driving conditions. I know that its quite bad there. But other Indian cities are not exactly driver's heaven. I drive 28kms a day in Chennai, taking anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours, which is not exactly great driving conditions. I do not think B'lore is much worse than this. If not, the conditions can be taken as being similar.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th May 2006 at 16:10.
Old 16th May 2006, 17:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
venkatrx, if this is the conclusion you came to, even after conducting the so-called "Definitive FE poll" on tbhp, all I have to say is, the poll was a complete waste of time/effort of all of us who participated in it.

If you remember, when you initiated the poll, I had wondered what the poll was supposed to achieve by asking,

Of the 27 Baleno users that voted, 16 mentioned an FE of 12kmpl, while only 1 mentioned 9kmpl FE. And here we have you asking Yamaha100 to take 9kmpl as the FE for his calculations.
Is this the "help" that new car buyers should get from the Poll ? Was this what "most of tbhp-ians were getting" ?
You are just bang on target SB

Venkat, I don't understand what are you trying to prove. First we all know that you claim of getting 8kmpl in your Baleno(too bad). The poll was started by you and a majority of Baleno users (including me) voted for 12kmpl which eventually got the maximum votes. So its absolutely safe to assume that the Baleno does return 12kmpl(unless some extreme cases like you). I get around 12-13kmpl in Mumbai B2B traffic conditions with A/c on 90% of the time since its very hot in Mumbai since last 2 months. So we can conclude that the Baleno gives atleast 11-12kmpl if not more in the most demanding traffic with the A/c on all the time.

I feel its not fair from your side to say that its unreal to assume 10kmpl just because you are getting 8kmpl. It means nothing. What about the poll results then????

I have said it before and i am saying it again that you better get your car checked or your driving style corrected before you make statements like that coz seriously you are wasting a lot of money on fuel. If you mean what you are saying that your car does give you 8kmpl(which is impossible for me to believe) then please please take it to the A** immidiately coz it should give you atleast another 4-5kmpl more. I am very satisfied with the FE my Baleno gives me which is 12-13kmpl with absolutely stunning ease.

Last edited by prince85 : 16th May 2006 at 17:07.
Old 16th May 2006, 18:57   #55
BHPian

Close your eyes and go for NHC ZX. You will not regret your decision. You also get better value than others when you sell the car after 7/10 years.
Old 16th May 2006, 19:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju
Close your eyes and go for NHC ZX. You will not regret your decision.
True. Its a Honda, after all. If its looks don't bother you, then its a great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju
You also get better value than others when you sell the car after 7/10 years.
This is disputable. There has been this myth about high Honda resale values both on this forum and outside. But the prices that tbhp-ians have paid for used Hondas do not really make them better resale value cars than say a Baleno, which incidentally is supposed to have low resale value. I am trying to compile some figures on this and maybe post a new thread. Lets then discuss this topic more.
Old 16th May 2006, 19:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
True. Its a Honda, after all. If its looks don't bother you, then its a great choice.
Well, NHC ZX looks 10 times better than aveo and 100 times better than Baleno.
Now .. most ppl say looks are subjective, but they are the ones who own so so cars..
Old 16th May 2006, 20:04   #58
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Now .. most ppl say looks are subjective, but they are the ones who own so so cars..
Dear Speedbuster,can you put one by one point to prove NHC ZX better than Baleno?Just for our knowledge and to help this guy.
Old 16th May 2006, 20:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Dear Speedbuster,can you put one by one point to prove NHC ZX better than Baleno?Just for our knowledge and to help this guy.
I guess u missed that word.
Old 16th May 2006, 21:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what does Honda do? infuse magic in its cars? I dont think so. Their cars are heavily priced and their engines in NHC are underperforming.

A lancer and Baleno while dated are much more powerful and give similar FE figures.

It's time to think out of the box

Yes ford and GM are not doing well in the US but their products in India the Aveo and Fiesta are really good.

Quote:
FE depends a lot on the driving style, condition of vehicle, Maintainence of the vehicle, Tuning of the engine, Traffic in the city, weight carried by the car, use of clutch, use of brakes, frequency of gearshifts, tyre pressure etc.

I used to pity those people who blankly without any knowledge used to say
" mere friend ka NHC gives 19 kmpl"
" Ford mondeo gives 6 kmpl hardly"
I was never able to meet these so called friends who had FE problem and I never cared.
My immidiate neighbours bought a corsa sail. During the conversation he said I bought the corsa sail coz my sail will give me 14kmpl. Palio was out coz
" mere friend ka palio gives 6 kmpl hardly"
And I couldnt resist and laughed in his face.

believe what owners say but forget the market talk. Brand weightage is only of benefit to the company and not the owner. Think wisely.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 16th May 2006 at 21:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks