Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 13:11   #16
BHPian

Read review on Verna/New Accent in Autocar May 2006 issue. Choose the car depending on the below criteria.

Performance,Good A.S.S - Baleno
FE,Build Quality, Good Interiers, Maintainence - Honda City
Old 12th May 2006, 14:01   #17
BANNED

Thanks guys... this is helpful.... lets see if i can wait till Sep... else will choose amongst the available options.

Udit
Old 12th May 2006, 14:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
-----------------------------

You didnt read the line carefully ... it has an "and" in between .......

"Aveo is a brilliant allround package and as per the article in Autocar magazine i feel its gonna be better than the new Accent (Verna) also"

I was referring that Aveo would be better than the new Accent as per the article in Autocar.

However for Aveo vs Fiesta ... the autocar verdict and so is mine after driving Aveo and Fiesta both is that Fiesta does beat Aveo in terms of best gearbox and more smooth engine but Aveo is not that far behind in these 2 aspects and in other factors obviosuly beats Fiesta .....

My choice Aveo which i own .... others can buy what they find better as per their needs and thats what i did mention at the end in my earlier post.

Cheers.
Ok, Fine,Got it! And any way, I like both Fiesta and Aveo more than Accent.
Old 12th May 2006, 20:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Thanks guys... this is helpful.... lets see if i can wait till Sep... else will choose amongst the available options.

Udit
While your decision is certainly wise, Please remember that there is always something new on the horizon when you are out in the market. Fiesta and aveo are both really good cars and maybe Verna is better but then

1. You will be waiting for 5 months more atleast to get the car. No viable
2. Verna will be newly launched and Fiesta and Aveo will drop their price tags by a few thousand to compete.

The Final decision still rests on you.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

... Yup... Wait till September.... Drive everything available... and pick the one that you like!
Old 4th September 2006, 10:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
... Yup... Wait till September.... Drive everything available... and pick the one that you like!
can someone confirm teh date? heard its gonna be launched on Sept 25!
Old 4th September 2006, 14:59   #22
BANNED

Update - i have bought my City VTEC yesteday so my wait for verna is already over....
Old 4th September 2006, 17:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Verna petrol may not create a buzz but would certainly have waited for verna diesel varient to enter Indian markets.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update - i have bought my City VTEC yesteday so my wait for verna is already over....
Haven't i seen this before on this forum.

After all the "This is good, that is bad, this is slow, that is fast" it all comes down to that one last post that says, "You know what......I just went and got myself a Honda today". Hehe.

Congrats dude!!!

Honda kharido, "Verna" pachtaoge.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 4th September 2006 at 17:44.
Old 4th September 2006, 22:15   #25
BHPian

Congrats !! so finally decided to be a JAp FAN humm
Old 5th September 2006, 14:28   #26
BANNED

Yeah true Honda hi Kharido 'Verna' pachtana hi padega... Verna is going to be a hit in CRDi only as Hyundai petrol accent also does not give good mileage... it is only the CRDi which is a hit with mileage like 17-18 KMPL... As i had closed on buying only a Petrol car... Waiting 4 it had no meaning....

HONDA is the best names as of now... so all those confused make a wise decision and get yourself a HONDA....
Old 9th September 2006, 20:39   #27
BHPian

It appears that for the same price, Verna is going to give whatever was missing in NHC. Like Beige interiors (Gxi has it but is more costlier than Verna which will give it at lower price), ABS, High Ground Clearance, Smoother Ride, More Power, Probably 1 - 1.5 kmpl lesser than NHC, As Large or more than NHC, Probably more contemporary styling than the spaceship like NHC (Not ZX to some extent). It is really strange that inspite of all things missing in NHC it is a best seller.

In future however with Petrol Prices rising like crazy, NHC's and other pertrol cars future remains to be seen. People in the US have already started to think in this direction. Many do not hold as many vacations as they used to do due to rising prices. India would soon follow.

Honda knows it, that is why it is looking at alternate sources like Hybrid and Fuel Cells etc.
Old 9th September 2006, 22:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

: People in the US still are not going the diesel way,the direction europe is heading and so are countries like India I just do not understand why USA is unable to think in that direction as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks