Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 17:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Mitsubishi Lancer

Hi Guys,

I had one query as to whether I can switch from Mobil 1 Synthetic oil to Motul 8100 Xcess pure Synthetic oil(both are 5W-40 grade). The reason being the earlier owner used Mobil 1 Synthetic whereas the service center recommends Motul 8100 Xcess pure Synthetic oil.

Kindly help me make a choice with regards to following points.

1. Will switching from Mobil 1 to Motul affect the engine?
2. Is it advisable to go ahead with Manufacturers recommendation in this case Motul 8100 Synthetic?
3. I have seen a couple of lancer and cedia owners on this forum using Motul 8100 Synthetic, replies from those users would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
navin_v8
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:29   #32
BHPian

Re: Used Mitsubishi Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hi Guys,

Any pointers w.r.t "Shirin Auto Works" garage located on Juhu Versova Link road. Has any of you had an experience of getting your car work done from here.

Kindly share your experience with me
Better late than never, by now you would be in a position to judge that garage. My personal experience was no less than a horror with my sedan gone in the unfortunate garage for more than 4 months! The reason he (Joseph, garage owner) quoted was some engine failure which I believe was dubious*. Was never given a firm date to get the car, had to follow up for 4 months. After getting it back, I found a subdued engine (which gave up in 5 days), missing bolts in the engine, torn seat covers, rusted body on roof and side and a few broken parts on the dashboard. I feel its a sad situation for car owners to find genuine honest mechanics in most places. Anyway, I hope that should pre alert another victim in my place. Lesson learnt, pay more and get it serviced by someone of repute.
* Had consulted Mr Shanbag who is of repute from this forum. As per him, since the car did NOT have any engine issue as it was lying for 3 months, there was no need to open up the engine, which the minion in Sherin Auto managed to and waffled his way around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks