Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 12:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heart V/s Mind: Quanto or Amaze

Hi Guys, As the title explains itself.. confused between these two. Quanto is damn big and comfortable while Honda is a Honda. (Sorry not a good writer). Honda wins over FE and resale, while Quanto wins over space and comfort.

I know one should be comparing oranges to oranges and not oranges to apples, but still.. please help!

EDIT: Requirements added below:

1. Cars short listed: Mahindra Quanto and Honda Amaze.
2. Price range: ~ 8.0L (OTR)
3. Maintainance and A.S.S. not a big deal ( used to driving a TATA )
4. Average distance travelled per month is approx. 2000-2200 kms
5. 95% City Driving - B2B Delhi City Driving
6. Entirely Self Driven
7. No sharing with other family members
8. Looking for a decent FE and something comfortable.
9. Intend to use it approx. 5 years -- Resale IS important.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2013 at 15:37.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Heart V/s Mind: Quanto or Amaze

It is better you give more details on usage (as a city commuting vehicle and occasional highway rider)
Also it is believed that you are looking for diesel option for Amaze
I suggest to go for Amaze if it mostly to be used as city commuting vehicle. I personally felt Quanto ride bumpy and not comfortable.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys.. its gonna be 95% city B2B delhi traffic. Thats the reason I wanted to go in for something comfortable. Yes, am looking at Diesel option only. I presently drive an Indigo TDi.
Old 18th April 2013, 15:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
... while Quanto wins over space and comfort
Panky,

I'm interested to know how exactly the Quanto showed up in this choice, given that there are quite a few other options offering space and better comfort.

Usually its the number of seats that make someone choose the Quanto. From your requirements that doesn't seem to be a necessity for you...

Another question : Have you taken a look at the Sunny & Sail ?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 15:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys.. its gonna be 95% city B2B delhi traffic. Thats the reason I wanted to go in for something comfortable. Yes, am looking at Diesel option only. I presently drive an Indigo TDi.
Amaze is a great option as the Quanto is a more multi purpose vehicle & IMO the Amaze will be more comfortable to drive than the Quanto as comfort being a priority

+ Amaze is the latest & most happening product in that segment today

Another great option would be the SAIL sedan as it offers a great diesel engine & much larger than the Amaze only negative being resale value.

Last edited by karan561 : 18th April 2013 at 16:01.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 16:03   #6
BHPian

I would prefer the honda, but if the car is not urgently needed, why not wait for the ecosport? For me ecosport vs quanto should be no contest. (no offence to quanto owners)
Old 18th April 2013, 16:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

It should be the Amaze as it scores better than Quanto in parameters 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9.
Old 18th April 2013, 17:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Panky,

I'm interested to know how exactly the Quanto showed up in this choice, given that there are quite a few other options offering space and better comfort.

Usually its the number of seats that make someone choose the Quanto. From your requirements that doesn't seem to be a necessity for you...

Another question : Have you taken a look at the Sunny & Sail ?

cya
R
Seating height, width and driver space along with a feel that you're driving something big!

What other UV potions do we have here? Ertiga.. naah!
Old 18th April 2013, 18:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to see you havent mentioned / considered the Ecosport here.

If ford is watching this thread they will realize that they are losing customers this way by hopelessly delaying the launch.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 19:04   #10
BHPian

As you said its going to be ONLY SELF DRIVEN, by which I infer you are the one who is going to drive it, I suggest pick up the Amaze.

The Quanto is a good vehicle but not that great to drive. All that body roll will not really enhance the driving pleasure.

The Amaze is new and fresh, plus it has a great diesel engine which will give more FE.

Also as you are concerned about the resale. The Amaze has success written all over it, in short it is another Dzire in making.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seating height, width and driver space along with a feel that you're driving something big!
Having said that now the question is if the above was your pick for Quanto then why Amaze only as the other choice since there are other cars available in the price bracket.

Also if you are ok with TASS then why not look at Manza with its latest buyback offer which incidentally solves your resales requirement as well.

Quote:
2. Price range: ~ 8.0L (OTR) - YES
8. Looking for a decent FE and something comfortable. - YES
9. Intend to use it approx. 5 years -- Resale IS important. - YES with buyback offer
Old 18th April 2013, 20:14   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

It should be Amaze out of the two. Self driving 95% of the times in Delhi's B2B traffic: These two alone warrant a car that is a breeze to drive in the city. Amaze or anyother entry level Sedan should be much better in these 2 aspects than the Quanto. Another car I would suggest is the Sunny XLD. It costed me 9.2L OTR in delhi a year back. what it offers: The driving ease with that awesome lower end torque and lots and lots of space including the cabin and the boot.

If you are decided on the UV type feel of driving then ofcourse Quanto it is for you. Or perhaps wait for the Ecosport although it should cross your budge of 8L in its diesel avatar. Otherwise in all the parameters the Amaze would trump the Quanto.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:27   #13
BHPian

I would suggest going in for the Amaze on the basis of the fact that you would be driving mostly within Delhi. Honda's quality of service should also be a little better than M&M's.
Add to the fact that Honda claims that the Amaze will return a FE of 25.8 Kmpl.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:37   #14
BHPian

Have driven the Brio extensively in Noida and Noida-Agra-Noida via the Yamuna Expressway, I would vouch for its ease of driving, comfort and road behavior. I loved the silent and free revving petrol after owning and extensively driving the Ford TDCI. Amaze being almost similar to Brio (differences being Bigger rear space & Boot) and the reported FTD factor of the diesel (of course the best mileage), it is the obvious suggestion!

Heard Nissan is offering some decent offers on the Sunny and Micra. Do check the sunny out!

I believe the xylo is dynamically weak and the Quanto even excels the xylo in that department.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 18th April 2013 at 21:02.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:38   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys, As the title explains itself.. confused between these two. Quanto is damn big and comfortable while Honda is a Honda.
The Quanto is not as big as you have presumed it to be and not at all as comfortable as you feel it is.
The Amaze is simply the better automobile here on all aspects except usage on very bad roads and the sheer number of people you can stuff into it.

Most Viewed