Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Given a choice which of these would you choose?
Honda Amaze Petrol MT 60 11.17%
Swift Dzire Petrol MT 30 5.59%
Honda Amaze Diesel MT 285 53.07%
Swift Dzire Diesel MT 74 13.78%
Honda Amaze Petrol AT 70 13.04%
Swift Dzire Petrol AT 17 3.17%
None of these something else 85 15.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 22:28   #46
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Closed my eyes and voted for Amaze Diesel. It is a 1.5L engine compared to the 1.3 on Dzire. This will result in better mileage, power and finally a better second hand price.

While the reliability of Honda engines are quite high, the 1.3L diesel engine sourced from Fiat for Dzire, is not providing a fuss free experience for many.
Old 19th April 2013, 05:22   #47
BHPian

I am someone who liked the DZire for its quirky looks, booked the Amaze without even TD-ing it and finally decided to go in for another vehicle (Duster).

Finally when ever it came to buying vehicles, I would change my decision at the last moment . 8 years ago I went to book the Getz (Petrol) and bought Viva CRDi (Diesel). 4 years ago I wanted the Innova and finally bought Scorpio. And now I wanted the Amaze but finally will end up buying Duster. Why does this happen to me all the time !!!

Hearing my story about DZire to Amaze to Duster, a colleague made a statement. I would like to use it as my ending tagline - "So I have no DZire to Amaze, will keep Dusting"
Old 19th April 2013, 10:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for Honda diesel MT as it betters dZire in most aspects. However if it is going to be a second car (or a city car) I would go for dZire as it has more premium looking interior (+ ACC etc)
Old 19th April 2013, 12:00   #49
BHPian

Its Amaze all the way... I happened to drive Amaze the day it was launched. And I loved it from the word Go. There is no Turbo Lag at all. Though on NVH levels the car scores a zero. But common its first Diesel engine from the Japanese Stable. And it definitely much better in terms of driveability and performance than our national engine. The multi-jet. Also, end of the day Honda carries a better Brand Image in India than MISL
Old 19th April 2013, 14:38   #50

The amazing Honda AMAZE (petrol) is definitely my Desire to own and have hence voted accordingly.

Few pennies from my end on this decision:

- To me, i find Dzire a confused version of a sedan compared to better proportionate AMAZE. Yes, if we are talking about a hatch here then Swift definitely scores well above Brio.

- Honda in India is more tried, tested and proven for bigger cars e.g. City, Civic, Accord, CR-V.....Whereas Suzuki are more experienced in smaller cars. Basis that i believe that the AMAZE segment clearly belongs to Honda and we have a very nice product now from them.

- We Indians are very price conscious and always talk about VFM (and we definitely should do so). Honda has for the first time given a premium VFM product with prices very much in line to Dzire and in some cases (Diesel version), given more features (e.g. ABS).

- I being a petrol engine fan, I find Honda petrol engine much much refined than Suzuki petrol engine. And this holds true for this Amaze vs. Dzire case also.

- Last but not the least, brand value of Honda is any day tonnes better than Suzuki and there is no comparison between both in terms of brand value.

P.S. BTW, i personally own a Suzuki Dzire and gathering funds to buy an Amaze. Hence my points above are complete unbiased.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:42   #51
BHPian

I have voted for Honda Amaze Petrol MT and Swift Dezire Diesel MT, in my opinion Honda has a proven record in terms of reliability in Indian market with NA petrol engines.

But Diesel is a different ball game all together, given our Indian road conditions ( Stop and go traffic, Fuel quality.. etc ), I would rather put my money on already time tested Fiat Mjds.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:15   #52
BHPian

I've voted for Dzire Diesel. Though I may sound very different, but I find the front of Amaze really ugly. In fact, Dzire looks beautiful from the front. As a potential buyer of compact sedan within a month, I am highly interested to see the outcome of this Amaze Vs Dzire fight. Waiting for some one to come up with actual driving experience and comparison of both the cars.

Last edited by scorpio118 : 19th April 2013 at 16:16. Reason: spelling mistake
scorpio118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 17:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

I think the poll question is appropriate for the petrol variants only and not the diesel variants simply because of the time spent in the market by the cars.

There is no doubt that the petrol motor will fight tooth and nail with Dzire petrol.

The Amaze diesel seems to be a better product as compared to the Dzire diesel, albeit only theoretically. This may turn out to be true in reality too, but we need to wait for atleast 1 year of production and customer experience to weigh the comments.

From a customer's perspective, the key things to watch out are the waiting periods (Honda has set target of selling 50,000 Amaze units for this fiscal, which translates to less than 5000 cars per month), after sales service from dealer networks (Honda will need to scale up the tier II city network) and the overall cost of ownership (will have to see the relative servicing costs for the diesel).

Honda, as a super brand, has sold itself to the market. The same way Toyota did.

Etios was launched with great fanfare and the everyone had acknowledged. However it did not hurt the Dzire at all.

Now Amaze has been launched, probably with greater fanfare. Only time will tell if Dzire stands tall (it has 5 mm more ground clearance ) against the competition.

It will be good to come back to this post 1 year later and check the results.

As they said in the movie Gladiator, let the games begin!
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 19:16   #54
BHPian

The DZire has had its run, so its time for a new king and the Amaze, looks & performs the part. Well priced, it is the car to buy if you are looking at either of them for a potential purchase. The i-dtec for the win!
Old 19th April 2013, 23:49   #55
BHPian

Since engine performance is more or less on par in both the cars it all boils down to the looks and what your heart says.

For me the dzire looks more matured than the amaze's front and I quite like the quirky boot of dzire.However the deal breaker for me would be the plane jane dashboard of the brio which has made into the amaze,Honda should have seriously thought about redesigning the dash.
Old 20th April 2013, 10:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Amaze MT diesel wins easily.
- best engine : Most power, torque, highest FE, best driveability (no lag)
- more cabin space (rear legroom, low transmission tunnel)
- much bigger and useable boot
- better looking than dzire - cleaner design esp. the rear end
- Honda badge vs Suzuki
- novelty factor

Dash design and some equipment missing. Reported higher NVH (possibly improved with underbody spray or wuerth mats etc) - minor gripes.

Million dollar question is how fast Honda can get the Rajasthan plant going?

Also Amaze Petrol wins over Dzire petrol as well.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 20th April 2013 at 10:14.
Old 20th April 2013, 10:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Amaze has 250cc more cylinder volume than the national engine.

And there is no alternative for displacement.
Old 20th April 2013, 11:07   #58
Team-BHP Support

The Dzire easily has better interiors (esp. the MID and the instrument cluster) and the impeccable service support across the country. The Amaze's diesel powertrain is one of the best in the market right now and can give the Verna 1.6 and Polo 1.6 a serious competition. Performance wise, the Dzire is a couple of notches behind the Amaze. Both the Dzire and Amaze are going to have long waiting periods with the Dzire taking as long as 8 months for the delivery!

I somehow hate the new Dzire's boot. Like the Ritz, it looks as if someone rammed its back!
Old 21st April 2013, 08:40   #59
BHPian

I have voted for Dzire Diesel MT . I don't want to comment on looks factor as I consider it to be a some thing that differs from person to person.
When it comes to i-DTEC vs MJD, I would blindly go for MJD simply because it is tried and tested. May be after an year or so if I am asked the same question Amaze i-DTEC or Dzire DDiS ? opinions may change. But as of now I feel it is too early to judge and rely on a new entrant(i-DTEC) and say the decade ruler MJD to be not worth the money.
Still Kudos to Honda India for providing ABS standard across all the diesel variants in a price sensitive market like India.
Regarding the poll, it would be more meaningful if we are given to choose two from the list(one diesel and one petrol ).

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 21st April 2013 at 08:44.
Old 21st April 2013, 16:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Given the price point these so called sedans operate you cant go wrong with either. But experience tells me Maruti has a much better A.S.S compared to Honda. And the ZDi looks far for mature from the inside as opposed to the quirky Amaze. Having said all this ,I would still not buy either of these weird looking sedans and put my money on a ZDi swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks