Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Given a choice which of these would you choose?
Honda Amaze Petrol MT 60 11.17%
Swift Dzire Petrol MT 30 5.59%
Honda Amaze Diesel MT 285 53.07%
Swift Dzire Diesel MT 74 13.78%
Honda Amaze Petrol AT 70 13.04%
Swift Dzire Petrol AT 17 3.17%
None of these something else 85 15.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 01:13   #91
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Voted for the Dzire petrol MT & booked a Vxi model on 1st June
Hi Siddy, I am also thinking of finally going for DZire VXI due to inordinate delay in delivery of E-MT Petrol which I booked in Early April. The only thing which is stopping me now is so called not so good brakes in VXI; what do you say about this much-talked about braking issue? Has it been taken care of now? Could you TD a VXI? what I could TD was ZXI so no clue as to how would the braking actually be in VXI. Please comment!
Old 20th June 2013, 09:59   #92
BHPian

Hey amitksvs, The Dzire vxi is definitely a wonderful car. Basically it is my dad who uses it on a daily basis, I stick to my Ritzy.

Both me and my dad are pretty sedate drivers and so the braking feels adequate. The Zxi variant definitely has better brakes. Recently we went for a short drive to lonavla, took the expressway and it was pouring. The braking was sufficient with 4 people on-board.
Still I would recommend that you TD the Vxi variant before finalizing.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:06   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
The only thing which is stopping me now is so called not so good brakes in VXI; ........... Please comment!

Hi ... The brakes are not "bad" but they are not equally as good as in other Ford/Honda/Hyundai. The issue is with the Swift range as well.IMHO For City riding they are ok and do a decent job but on highways braking at high speeds the stopping distance is more than other competitors.

Z-series comes with ABS so you can expect things to be a bit better . However its all upto how one gets used to such braking.
Old 26th July 2013, 22:41   #94
BHPian

I am planning to get a new diesel car. This poll is useful. I voted for Amaze. The is the waiting period. I was informed by Honda dealer that I have to wait for 4 months for Honda Amaze diesel. Well once you decide to get a new car, waiting for four months is frustrating. I am using MSIL cars since last 10 years. Looking for a change. Hopefully, Honda start manufacturing more cars in India and bring down the waiting time.
Old 27th July 2013, 21:12   #95
BHPian

Took a test drive of honda amaze diesel today. Pretty good diesel car for city like Delhi. I am using a ritz diesel. I feel back seat is more speacious in ritz as compared to amaze. Three normal built people may not be so comfortable in amaze. Waiting time is a big barrier for amaze. Difficult to wait for three to four months for your car.
Old 14th August 2013, 20:24   #96
BHPian

Honda Amaze Diesel MT is my choice, since it is compared to a vehicle, which I never accept as a properly designed car - the Dzire.

Does any body remember Chetak - the scooter. In 1990s when the indicators were made mandatory for two wheelers of more than 100cc capacity, Bajaj, hurriedly, without designing the indicators into the existing body, simply 'attached' an odd and ugly looking indicators set in the shape of a 'T', in the front. Chetak looked ugly when compared to the LML scooters which had 'in built' indicators. Even then Bajaj could sell more Chetaks, that too with a long waiting period. No buyer complained or was bothered!

The whole story above, applies exactly to Dzire, where the boot - either in the earlier model or in the new model - looks as some after sale attachment to Swift and looks ugly. In fact the new Dzire is neither a sedan nor a hatchback!

This is purely my personal opinion and not intended to offend any Dzire owners. In fact I own a vehicle whose design, I personally loathe. A Ritzy
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 22:03   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post

The whole story above, applies exactly to Dzire, where the boot - either in the earlier model or in the new model - looks as some after sale attachment to Swift and looks ugly. In fact the new Dzire is neither a sedan nor a hatchback!

This is purely my personal opinion and not intended to offend any Dzire owners. In fact I own a vehicle whose design, I personally loathe. A Ritzy
I agree with you but I find Amaze even more uglier than Dzire. Between the two, I would pick Dzire with my eyes closed. We spend more time inside the car than outside and every time I have to look at Amaze's dash-board, I would tear my hair why I bought this car.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 01:12   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree with you but I find Amaze even more uglier than Dzire. Between the two, I would pick Dzire with my eyes closed. We spend more time inside the car than outside and every time I have to look at Amaze's dash-board, I would tear my hair why I bought this car.
I agree with you pgsagar, but Amaze puts a big smile in your face while driving and also is light in your pocket when compared with the Dzire in lower and middle trims. Some flaws here and there must be compromised in sub 4 meter cars and the mediocre interiors can be tweaked for less than 10 - 20Gs with today's aftermarket products.

So, the verdict from my side would be that "though, both the cars have some faults in them, Amaze tops out to be the true VFM car than dzire because of its performance, efficiency and also more importantly the brand value."
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:08   #99
BHPian

Voted for amaze. Better ergonomics and better overall utilization of space. New dezire dash seriously flawed with my shin (left) having got a nasty knock everytime I pressed the clutch in a hurry. Rear seats have a very short base and are very high. So taller people have to sit slouched to accommodate their ht in the back. Old dezire rear seat was very nice.
Dezire interiors look more premium but the material quality used looked at par at least to me.
Dezire motor also felt quieter and smoother but the amaze had better driveability.
I also liked the seat contours of amaze but found the front seats a little low set.
The boot of amaze is amazing for the size of the car.
Amaze also looked a more cohesive form in the rear but the nose dive in profile looks more dynamic than the sedate dezire.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:37   #100
BHPian

Just lending my 2 cents to all the people voting for Amaze for HONDA .

I was in similar shoes for my cousin who wanted to buy Amaze Petrol but thanks to the waiting periods and Not-So-Amazing-Honda and thankfully we checked out the Honda 2nds and grabbed a 2010 City S for 5.5 Lacs which was in an amazingly great condition thanks to the previous owner who kept it in a very good running condition.

Finally we have all the reasons to be happy and not going with our purchase of Amaze.
call me spoil sport. but Amaze never felt a honda in any senses to me ..... Trust me a "good" used Honda City or a Civic is always a better option than....

Sorry for getting off topic as the debate is only between the 2 options i just wanted to share my purchase as i was part of this poll myself. Maybe someone could benefit out of my lines !!

EOD its ur call !!

Last edited by Pheonix : 3rd September 2013 at 15:45.
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:26   #101
BHPian

Also to tilt the scale in amaze's favor is the fact that the e and ex mt variants are reasonably better featured and much more affordable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
Took a test drive of honda amaze diesel today. Pretty good diesel car for city like Delhi. I am using a ritz diesel. I feel back seat is more speacious in ritz as compared to amaze. Three normal built people may not be so comfortable in amaze. Waiting time is a big barrier for amaze. Difficult to wait for three to four months for your car.
3 normal built people are comfortable in back seat of ritz? The back seat and back side is what put me off purchase of otherwise accomplished ritz. But I feel amaze rear seats are much more spacious than ritz. The front ritz seats are very nice though...

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th October 2013 at 07:59. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 5th October 2013, 04:49   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
As almost all the parameters are the same, one go by her/his heart. If the shape, style, space, driving posture/comfort suits you then you should go for the car you like.

Personally, I would go for Amaze. This is a fresh car with a reliable Honda service backup. There is no doubt that MSIL has more service outlets but I have my own doubt about their reliability.

Once should actually look into one important thing: that is: the cost of the spares. MSIL is known for its cheap spares. I dont know about Honda Amaze.
Honda Amaze! I bought one! But both the cars are equal in most respects. Newer kid on the block wins. And no replacement for displacement!
Old 5th October 2013, 20:09   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shyam View Post
Honda Amaze! I bought one! But both the cars are equal in most respects. Newer kid on the block wins. And no replacement for displacement!
Any idea what the waiting period/Delivery time in Mumbai is?
Old 25th October 2013, 06:20   #104
BHPian

I got the delivery immediately. I bought the S MT version, which I think is available. Try the Malad West dealer, he is new and therefore, the waiting period is less (I was told so!).
Capt. Shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 16:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

A recent drive of my friend's brand new Amaze petrol cemented my like towards the Amaze petrol's super free revving and fatigue free nature.

On hitting a main road had to slow down and then accelerate back and this was done without any fuss or judder right from the low twenties to fifty in the third gear itself.

Now they talk about the K12 being smooth and free revving but IMO the Honda engine beats trumps it comprehensively

However still have a preference for the national diesel DDiS over the Amaze iDTEC in terms of refinement and punch.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed