Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2006, 21:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
So, whats exactly the problem here ? As per you, its a great car, but you just want people to buy something else, just for the heck of it or "out-of-the-box thinking" as you put it. Strange logic !!!

Oh, yeah. Like some guys trying to push a much older car like the Lancer (which does not even sell 20% of what the Baleno sells) and trying to help HM.

You mention here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/135229-post6.html
the the baleno is currently selling like hot cakes. And now say that it "is not exactly a sales boomer". Make up your mind, man.
As your name suggests. I know how each statement against the baleno will hit you. but I can't help it while delivering the truth.

And let me correct you. lancer is a newer car than the baleno if that's your question. and let's not get into further useless discussion here. You own a baleno and I own a lancer. Both are happy with our cars. But I accept that my car is old now while you dont. Break that attitude boy and you will see the world is a wonderful place.

my previous post on the baleno is dated august 2005 and this one is a more recent one. Things have changed. you certainly wont compare a post when palio was having overbookings and a post now when it hardly sells half its production units, would you?

I have replied this to your same question before and do it again. Both mitsubishi lancer and maruti baleno are outdated in todays market and dont deserve selling anymore.

maruti's not got some golden hands which will turn an obsolete product into a newer one. I own a maruti too if you are thinking I am a maruti Hater.

stop naggin now.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 8th June 2006 at 21:56.
Old 8th June 2006, 23:45   #32

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

go for the ford fiesta 1.4.new age car.compared to the aveo has better engine,gearbox,handling.if in favour of the baleno try to go for the baleno vxi.
Old 6th August 2006, 19:03   #33
BHPian

Fiesta will most likely add to your maintenance cost after 3-4 yrs, no doubt it has a better drive, but Americans do not mind to change or exchange cars (Like Ford) with other cars after 3 years maybe even 2 yrs, but not many Indians would like to dump their cars after 2-3 yrs.

Last edited by Tech : 6th August 2006 at 19:04.
Old 6th August 2006, 22:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

who anyways keeps a car for more than 4-5 years these days?

The japs have learnt it pretty fast, the Americans are on it, but the Europeans are still sticking on manufacturing cars that lasts for decades.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 6th August 2006 at 22:26.
Old 7th August 2006, 16:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
As your name suggests. I know how each statement against the baleno will hit you. but I can't help it while delivering the truth.

And let me correct you. lancer is a newer car than the baleno if that's your question. and let's not get into further useless discussion here. You own a baleno and I own a lancer. Both are happy with our cars. But I accept that my car is old now while you dont. Break that attitude boy and you will see the world is a wonderful place.
Its not about Baleno or something , but in general your logic was really rediculous. You just cant ignore an excellant car and buy one cr** jsut to be "out of box".
Old 7th August 2006, 21:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
Its not about Baleno or something , but in general your logic was really rediculous. You just cant ignore an excellant car and buy one cr** jsut to be "out of box".
these were the cars shortlisted by the buyer.

- Ford Fiesta 1.4
- Chevy Aveo 1.4
- Baleno Lxi
- Hyundai Accent [not very keen really, just for comparo sake]
- NHC [goes out of budget, oh well...]

Which of these cars is crap compared to the baleno LXi?

Everybody is entitled to their opinions. I am to mine. If someone has a problem they are free to post their suggestions their choice of cars.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 7th August 2006 at 21:49.
Old 7th August 2006, 23:01   #37

Ok boys I am new to the game but i think u guys are bitching too much and answering the guys needs less. Hope guys will just stick to the topic at hand.

Most Viewed