Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

KPZEN
Oye u got a new car...no thread, no celebrations!?? :(
Old 23rd May 2006, 00:29   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

do not go for a demo car its not worth it....it wud have been abused pretty badly by anyone and everyone.keep away from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
And god forbid anyone gets to buy a demo car that has been through my hands!! What say aZa & Hellspawn??
woah!!! i pity the guy...may his battered soul rest in peace.just make sure he gets a new cluth plate too....when he buys the car.
Old 23rd May 2006, 01:04   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Yup.. its me...
its time we saw an updated avataar then.

manson.
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pal, go with your head. If you believe that the dealer is telling you the truth and the scratchless condition is truly what they say it is. Buy it. Do bargain a little more though.
Old 23rd May 2006, 10:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Now the reasons why u shouldn't get it..
1. The speedo cable can always be disconnected so the trip meter won't work, so u can't be so sure if it has done only 9k kilometers.
All the dealer Baleno's I test drove had their odo's disconnected. So do be careful.
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
All the dealer Baleno's I test drove had their odo's disconnected. So do be careful.
Same here when i test drove the Baleno before buying had the odo disconnected
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:52   #22
BHPian

If ur really interested in a baleno go in for a proper used sample...u might get it cheaper...or a better car at the same price.....Cars from maruti true value r slightly on the expensive side as they dont take accident vehickles and the cars r refurbished to pretty much the default condition....
My advise like the other....Stay away from demo vehicles...
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Cars from maruti true value r slightly on the expensive side as they dont take accident vehickles and the cars r refurbished to pretty much the default condition....
Refurbished??? I thought so too. My friend in Delhi went to buy a Baleno from True Value. During the negotiation, he saw one customer selling his Baleno at the other counter. After a while when they took my friend to check out a Baleno, it turns out that he was shown the same Baleno that was sold a few minutes ago. He found that out when he contacted the customer later on that it was the same guy at the other counter.

There is definitely no checking done after the car is sold, neither do they even bother to service it. They will do whatever is told by the customer, if the customer notices it, nothing else. Their way of selling is based on optimism. They will give guarantee for the car sold and will repair it too if there is a problem, but will not check and fix anything before selling it to someone else. They cover that guarantee by selling it at a higher price. In this case they demanded Rs 65000 more than what they bought it for.

Burjis
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys, now that we know the cons of owning a demo car... how about some pros??? Correct me if I am wrong, if he does buy the demo car, wont he be the first owner? In that case when he goes to sell it, he should get more resale value.
Old 23rd May 2006, 20:19   #25
BHPian

Thanks friends.........
Dropped the idea of buying the demo car.
Spoke to Naveen thanks for the help......

Now where to buy a good car from........
Old 24th May 2006, 10:36   #26
BHPian

wait for a car on maruti true value or get a car for test ride and get it checked at any maruti workshop.

u can actually take the car 2 maruti showroom and tell them that u want 2 sell it. they will check it in 10 mins and give u the quote. add 20-25K on that and that should b a good price for the car.

what do u say brothers?
Old 24th May 2006, 17:47   #27
BHPian

Guys!!!!!!!!

I would never recommend going in for a demo car. All the flaws in the car will be neatly camouflaged because it is maintained by the dealers only. These cars are generally abused during test drives. Again as most of them pin pointed the odometer might be misguiding you. So whatever is the price i wouldn't recommend you to get into this.
Old 24th May 2006, 18:56   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Guys, now that we know the cons of owning a demo car... how about some pros??? Correct me if I am wrong, if he does buy the demo car, wont he be the first owner? In that case when he goes to sell it, he should get more resale value.
I do not think that will happen. As per the agreements the dealers have with the respective manufacturers they need to invest in a demo car as an infrastructure cost. So the car is definitely in the name of the dealer. The next buyer will always be a second owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks