Baleno VS Honda City

Hello,

I plan to buy a sedan.

Various key parameters taken into consideration were:
FE
Back seat comfort
Mtn cost
OnRoad Price.

After much shortlisitng have shortlisted Baleno and Honda City.

I like Baleno , but the biggest drawback seems to be the low seat height .
In Honda one could get in and out much easier. Makes it better for older generation folks

Further, couple of my friends keep telling me that Baleno is a old model and may be phased out shortly.... while the resale value does not matter what i am worried about is the spares.

I am getting a good deal on the Honda [ EXI version] - with the dealer throwing in Alpine music system and remote locking.

However, over the weekend walked by a Automart showroom and came across a second hand Baleno Lxi [ 2005 sep ] This had done around 9000 Kms and is being offered @ 5.25. this was quite tempting as i can reduce on my cost of ownership.

Can you guys advise me if this is a good price for the Baleno. further do you think that Baleno would be phased out.
What should i look for when buying a second hand car?

I am kind of thinking that if it is a new car should go in for Honda, if second hand then to settle for a Baleno - use it for couple of years and then look out....

Let me know your views.
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

you'll find info here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ghlight=baleno

Thread closed
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalmani
Can you guys advise me if this is a good price for the Baleno. further do you think that Baleno would be phased out.
What should i look for when buying a second hand car?

I am kind of thinking that if it is a new car should go in for Honda, if second hand then to settle for a Baleno - use it for couple of years and then look out....

Let me know your views.
1:5.25L is high considering the interest rates paid on a second hand car , Rs 4.5 l more like it . Baleno will carry on like the esteem, might even replace it IMHO

2: Can't go wrong with either
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:40   #4
BHPian

[quote=globalmani]Hello,

I plan to buy a sedan.

Various key parameters taken into consideration were:
FE - Honda City will beat the Baleno concerning FE

Back seat comfort - Front as well as the back seats of the Baleno are arguably the best in the entire segment

Mtn cost - Both are easy on the maintenence front. Though a certain member on T-BHP "Venkatrx" may have something else to say
OnRoad Price. - Well, the Baleno LXI is much cheaper than NHC Exi, both being base model cars.

After much shortlisitng have shortlisted Baleno and Honda City.

Further, couple of my friends keep telling me that Baleno is a old model and may be phased out shortly.... while the resale value does not matter what i am worried about is the spares.

I don't think the Baleno will be phased out in the recent future since Maruti is not known for phasing out cars. And about Spare-Parts........Well Maruti 1000 was stopped production in 1997 and the spare parts are still available with Maruti A** without a problem soo no need to worry about the Baleno spare atleast for the next 10 years

I am getting a good deal on the Honda [ EXI version] - with the dealer throwing in Alpine music system and remote locking.

Thats nice!

However, over the weekend walked by a Automart showroom and came across a second hand Baleno Lxi [ 2005 sep ] This had done around 9000 Kms and is being offered @ 5.25. this was quite tempting as i can reduce on my cost of ownership.

I suggest you stay away from a second hand car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed