Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 15:32   #1
BHPian

Best deal on Baleno in Delhi

I need help in getting the best deal on Baleno in Delhi. The car is for my parents in Delhi. My dad knows little about cars and had thought of buying an Esteem LXi. I am suggesting a Baleno to him. What could be the best deal that we could get on Baleno LXi in Delhi? I am not in Delhi so would not be able to help him in negotiating with dealers. if I can get details on price, discounts and accessories from people who have recently bought the car in Delhi, I can guide him.

I am a bit scared with the prices of SGP spare parts of Baleno so if you have any other suggestion for a mid-sizer in this price range of 5-6 lakhs (on-road), I can suggest the same to him. The key decision criteria is cost of ownership and comfort levels. Driver involvement is not important as the car is going to driven by the driver all the time. For selfish reasons, I personally want to go for Baleno, so that I can enjoy driving it when I am in Delhi

~maniac
Old 25th May 2006, 17:05   #2
BHPian

on an LXi i was offered free insurance+15k of accessories with the car. dont know if ny dealer in delhi is offering more than this. in my opinion saya is a good dealer but then some of my friends bought from rohan auto in noida who gave them more discounts.
Old 25th May 2006, 17:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
on an LXi i was offered free insurance+15k of accessories with the car. dont know if ny dealer in delhi is offering more than this. in my opinion saya is a good dealer but then some of my friends bought from rohan auto in noida who gave them more discounts.
Thanks Naveen. What would be the tax that one has to pay? From Mauti's website I gather that the ex-showroom price is Rs. 575173. What would be the insurance and road tax? Reading many posts I was under the impression that the car can be had at about 5.3 lacs on-road. I am in Bangalore where the tax structure is totally different and thus the questions. Thank you again.

~maniac
Old 25th May 2006, 18:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac
I need help in getting the best deal on Baleno in Delhi. The car is for my parents in Delhi. My dad knows little about cars and had thought of buying an Esteem LXi. I am suggesting a Baleno to him. What could be the best deal that we could get on Baleno LXi in Delhi? I am not in Delhi so would not be able to help him in negotiating with dealers. if I can get details on price, discounts and accessories from people who have recently bought the car in Delhi, I can guide him.
@serious_maniac, irrespective of the place, one thing to bear in mind is that you have to bargain hard, real hard to get the best deal. I would suggest getting quotes from various dealers and pitting them against each other. You would be surprised by how much you can get in savings, by just talking. Same goes for finance - talk to different financiers and wrangle the best possible deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac
I am a bit scared with the prices of SGP spare parts of Baleno so if you have any other suggestion for a mid-sizer in this price range of 5-6 lakhs (on-road), I can suggest the same to him. The key decision criteria is cost of ownership and comfort levels.
I would suggest you pick up a copy of the ACI Nov '05 issue and decide for yourself. They have done a detailed study on the spares cost of various sedans and as per them, Baleno is among the cheapest of the lot (even with some SGP spares being priced high).
Old 25th May 2006, 18:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@serious_maniac, irrespective of the place, one thing to bear in mind is that you have to bargain hard, real hard to get the best deal. I would suggest getting quotes from various dealers and pitting them against each other. You would be surprised by how much you can get in savings, by just talking. Same goes for finance - talk to different financiers and wrangle the best possible deal.
The issue is I am not in Delhi and my dad does not know too much about cars so want to have a benchmark price in mind. The best is if somebody can refer to the dealer they bought the car from. BTW, does Maruti have a referal scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I would suggest you pick up a copy of the ACI Nov '05 issue and decide for yourself. They have done a detailed study on the spares cost of various sedans and as per them, Baleno is among the cheapest of the lot (even with some SGP spares being priced high).
Well I will have to see if I can get hold of the issue. As long as it is within +/- 25% of other mid-sizers, it is fine. After all you cannot have everything in the same package. My bigger concern is to get a good benchmark price.

~maniac
Old 26th May 2006, 10:03   #6
BHPian

Can somebody give me some info.
Old 26th May 2006, 10:18   #7
BHPian

serious_maniac,

please tell me honestly, why Baleno only?
is it so that on tbhp lots of members recommends it or just you knows baleno inside out?

i'd not recommend Baleno at all for your requirements.
since you won't be driving it for good time, i am considering it as to be a 100% chauffeur-driven car.

so for your parents' comfort in rear seat and easy and cheap running/maintenance of car, look elsewhere!

you have many other options too.
like Esteem, Ikon Flair, Palio 1.2, Palio 1.6, Getz, Ford Fusion, Swift, Indigo, Accent, etc.

so decide judiciously.
Old 26th May 2006, 11:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
i'd not recommend Baleno at all for your requirements. you have many other options too. like Esteem, Ikon Flair, Palio 1.2, Palio 1.6, Getz, Ford Fusion, Swift, Indigo, Accent, etc.
@revharder, any special reasons for this ? As per serious_maniac, the key decision criteria are "cost of ownership and comfort levels". Among the cars you suggested, the Baleno is 2nd to none in comfort level including that of rear seat occupants. And if cost of ownership is taken into consideration, it comprises initial cost + fuel costs + maintenance/spares cost over the period of ownership. Initial cost of ownership of the Baleno would be more than that of Esteem, Flair, Palio1.2, Getz, Swift, Indigo etc by varying amounts. It would be pretty much in the same range as Accent, Fusion etc. Fuel costs are a factor of the car's FE and Baleno can match or surpass the FE of the cars listed by you, with the exception of maybe the Esteem/Swift. Spares would be at par with or lesser than that of the sedans and possibly costlier than the hatches. Going by the above data, the Baleno does not look to be a bad choice.

However, Esteem (which his parents initially selected) would be a better choice if TCO is taken as the main factor for selection.

Quote:
so for your parents' comfort in rear seat and easy and cheap running/maintenance of car, look elsewhere!
Explained above.

P.S. : Guys, I have no intention of starting another Baleno-based online fight here. Let us put forward the relevant data and let the person who is putting the money decide.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th May 2006 at 11:51.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
i'd not recommend Baleno at all for your requirements.
ohh man, wat have u done...
now you gonna be flamed...

Baleno lovers are going to pounce on u...

Last edited by speedbuster : 26th May 2006 at 14:35.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi....

Baleno LXi Silky silver
All prices are round off...

Ex. showroom - 578000
Faridabad Reg- 8000(from showroom)else 6000 if u get it done yourself
Note: Delhi reg will cost u some 13000 extra plus some MCD parking fees...

insurance- 22000(FREE)

MGA -28000(didnt buy anythin frm there instead took cash discount)

Cash discount- 8000

Corporate disc- 8000

Bargained- 6000 (I guess any1 can bargain better than my dad)

On road price = 534000/-
Special discount -4000/-

KP
Old 26th May 2006, 14:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
ohh man, wat have u done...
now you gonna be flamed... Baleno lovers are going to pounce on u...
No, man.
Seriously, that is a misconception. This is a forum for discussing cars and everyone has a right to his opinion. Just because someone mentions the Baleno's (or any other car for that matter) negatives, does not mean he will be flamed. But, if the negatives are not based on facts, then you will hear from people who have the facts. That I guess is a valid and logical reaction and will happen irrespective of whether the car in question is a Baleno or M800 or Cielo.
Old 26th May 2006, 15:09   #12
BHPian

Well I did consider some of the cars mentioned. I have an Alto and wanted to go for Maruti cos of reliability. I do not want my parents to chase any *** guy. Secondly my parents want a 3-box car that rules out Palio, Swift etc. Initially they decided on Esteem but Esteem has the worst seating position and is not too good at the back-seat. The other choice was and still is Indigo which has good comfort levels. If it is Indigo, it has to be diesel.

It may be a perception but Maruti products are the most reliable of the lot and to a large extent that is true. Also they are cheap to run and maintain. Thus the choice Baleno. Of course having heard about the performance, I am inclined towards it, though I am yet to drive it. I have been a passenger in Baleno and it seems pretty comfortable. It also depends what discounts we get, so that it is within budget. Thus the first question - what is the best deal that I can get on Baleno LXi in Delhi.

@kpzen, Thank you for the information. Which dealer did you buy it from? Even if we register in Faridabad, I hope driving the car in NCR wont be any issue.

~maniac
Old 26th May 2006, 15:16   #13
BHPian

i guess speedbuster is hinting me towards something!

supremebaleno,
i can reply to you but firstly let serious_maniac reply to me!

okay, now since he has mentioned about his options, i guess there is no need for me to explain anything!

nothing is left for me to say in this thread!!

Last edited by revharder : 26th May 2006 at 15:30.
Old 26th May 2006, 15:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Hi....

Baleno LXi Silky silver
All prices are round off...

Ex. showroom - 578000
Faridabad Reg- 8000(from showroom)else 6000 if u get it done yourself
Note: Delhi reg will cost u some 13000 extra plus some MCD parking fees...

insurance- 22000(FREE)

MGA -28000(didnt buy anythin frm there instead took cash discount)

Cash discount- 8000

Corporate disc- 8000

Bargained- 6000 (I guess any1 can bargain better than my dad)

On road price = 534000/-
Special discount -4000/-

KP
my my .. it's so cheap in delhi .. I paid (adjusted against discount) almost 40K for regn & road tax in Kolkata .. that too for a road tax of 5 years !

@serious_m, calculate the pre-discount OTR price of the car .. i.e. ex-showroom + regn + insurance.
Dealers normally would give around 70K discount on this .. if you haggle it can go upto 90+ .. I personally got almost 80K (included extended warranty + accessories) ..

Given your requirements, the only other option I would recommend would be the Indigo TDI, primarily considering rear seat comfort .. and lower TCO.
But then, your holidays in delhi will be relatively boring
Old 20th June 2006, 23:49   #15

Hi friends,
1) I am plannin to buy a new baleno Lxi. Can anybody guide me with the deals available with dealers in Delhi as i am from chgd but shifted to delhi recently.

2) how much would the alloys and 14" 185/65 tyres would cost.

3) Another thing how abt the maintenance costs of Baleno coz i drive around 50kms a day and a trip to chgd once in 3 months and some more highway driving.

plz provide your valuable sugestions.

best regards,
Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks