Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2006, 10:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
@Steeroid
Elantra GT is 6.8lakhs ex-showroom, and is a petrol version. No leather, no ABS, no airbags, no alloys...nutin. And mileage will also be low. Maybe i should definately consider the CDRI Viva. Sounds it makes more sense. And u really think Chevy will be really expensive??
Read Post #8 from wiking CAREFULLY. He is talking about a GTD @ 9.75 OTR in Bangalore, which should be about 8.75 OTR in Cochin. GTD, not GT - I suspect this is a diesel version of the GT. Must be cheaper and you can always add your accessories later.

Plenty of bootspace for your tubes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
And u really think Chevy will be really expensive??
I thought YOU were the one who told me that ! - from your neighbour's experience with his brand new Aveo. Around here, Chevy is the cheapest to maintain in terms of cost of spares - its just that you need the spares a lot more often than in other cars.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th June 2006 at 10:56.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Check with teh Hyundai dealer abt the pricing of other Elantra models. The high end petrol one should be priced below 9lac OTR
Old 4th June 2006, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aveo 1.6lt

Rs 6.85 Lakhs (ex-showroom price - Delhi)
1.6 L DOHC 102 PS, 5 speed MT
Chrome Radiator Grille
Two-tone Beige colour interiors
Wide 185/60 R14 tyres
Pullout Type Door Handle
Power Steering
HVAC
Central Locking
Rear Defogger with timer
Power Windows
Tilt Steering Column
Engine Service Soon Indicator
Fog Lamps
Body Colour Outside Rear View Mirrors
Silver finish on IP, door trim and floor
Console
Sunglass Holder
Height Adjustable Driver’s Seat
Electric trunk release
Headlamp / Seatbelt / Key Inside reminder
Double DIN MP3 System with 6 Speakers
Rear spoiler with CHMSL
Chrome-coated exterior handles and trunk lid garnish
14" alloy wheels
Electrically adjustable ORVMs
Wood finish on IP and door trim
Car alarm and keyless entry system

With additionl pack..
ABS, Dual Air Bags, Leather Pack
Rs. 7.35lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi)

Old 4th June 2006, 10:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Read Post #8 from wiking CAREFULLY. He is talking about a GTD @ 9.75 OTR in Bangalore, which should be about 8.75 OTR in Cochin. GTD, not GT - I suspect this is a diesel version of the GT. Must be cheaper and you can always add your accessories later.

Plenty of bootspace for your tubes too.

Spoke to the Hyundai dealer y'day...
There are basically 3models for Elantra

1) BASE(GT, Petrol) = 7.24
2) Fully loaded Petrol = 8.10
3) CRDi (Fully loaded) = 9.80

OTR PRICES
Old 4th June 2006, 11:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
he drives less tahn 1500/month and rarely go for long drives and hence I suggest a petrol car.

And why this thread was created was coz he is not happen with Skoda... Damn HUGE bills. He had to spend almost 50k with 4 months! Maintaining a Skoda is costly and hence wants a new car AFTER selling his Skoda.

And he thinks Lancer is outdated.
I had not heard this part of the story. But less than 1500KM /month doesnt rule out CRDI's coz their characters are not same as the old IDI's.

And did I mentione lancer anywhere in my post above?

Quote:
However, like I've always told you - its your (okay, your mom's) money and you're free to blow it up as you deem fit..
That's a good one.

Quote:
He has an Octavia and the reason he's selling it is because he cant live with the maintenance bills. Every visit to the service station is about 20k.
I didnt know this part of the story.

I guess that leaves you with Accent viva crdi and Hyundai elantra crdi. I suggest you visit the dealer for the elantra crdi. I dont see if you have taken discounts into consideration yet. maybe A bit around 9.0 wont really be a problem with your mom.

y not also look at MUV's as I said before. Your post doesnt say anything about MUV's so just thinking on this one. How about a scorpio crde in black?

with the hyundai's, maruti's and Mitsubishi's being outdated and Honda's and ford's out of contention there isnt really any competition to the Aveo in the petrol market but look at optra 1.6/petra 1.6 just for choice.
Old 4th June 2006, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lancer Cedia is there...but above budget by a good margin.
And Scorpio in black+huge tyres = I wouldn't mind it, cant say the same about mom

Finally....Elantra, Viva or Aveo. I have my mind set on the last one, but i'll check out the Hyundai's tomorrow as well.

Optra..i dunno, won't it be expensive again?? And IMO, i don't like it either
Old 4th June 2006, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

That lancer word was not for ye coz I know its well above the margin. LOL

Tell your mom you will be safer in a scorpio and it doesnt go fast.

for sedans either of the 2 will be a good choice. best of luck.
Old 4th June 2006, 15:46   #23
BANNED

Hey Kartik, what about Lancer Invex? Either you like it or you don't, so have a look and decide.
Old 4th June 2006, 15:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just to let you have some background info, gents:

Young Karthik has already got his family to spend almost 15 lakhs on the Skoda (Car + RS Bumpers + RS Alloys + Sunroof + ICE + Leather + many other things, most of them Skoda OE accessories) that he is planning to sell soon. This car was bought less than a year and a half back, and he's been paying through his nose for service and other stuff after his warranty period (1 year) was completed. To the extent that it is probably cheaper to sell the car and take a hit than to keep paying ridiculous amounts regularly. I think he has found a good buyer too.

Therefore the ceiling of 9 lakhs is unlikely to be reviewed. Kindly keep all suggestions within that limit, or within a max increment of 25k over the budget (assuming that his mom will oblige - doubt if he will get a penny over 9 lakhs, though).

Bear in mind that though young Karthik is the initiator and the implementor of the purchase, the car will be used both as chauffer-driven transport for his mom and as 'cool wheels' for Karthik. Dual purpose, therefore.

NOTE: TBHP DOES NOT ENCOURAGE UNDERAGE DRIVING AND THEREFORE IT IS ASSUMED THAT KARTHIK WILL BE CHAUFFERED AROUND TOO.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th June 2006 at 16:01.
Old 4th June 2006, 17:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Karthik - with that budget you have 2 choices

Petrol - Optra
Diesel - Elantra

Its a no brainer - you cant a more comfortable car than the Optra inside of 9L and thats including higher costing cars like the Cedia,Corolla,Octy. If you are thinking about the Aveo , I say the Optra makes better sense than a Aveo with that kinda money.

As for diesel - well Elantra - absolute VFM with a rocking engine and good handling topped with Hyundai A.S.S. What more could you ask ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th June 2006 at 17:43.
Old 4th June 2006, 20:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am still voting for Scorpio.
Did u ask how much discounts are available on the Elantra CRDi. It may just touch your budget.
Otherwise you have to deicide between Accent Crdi and Aveo. maybe Consider what BoomSHiva Said as an option

Last edited by devarshi84 : 4th June 2006 at 20:41.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Optra is more like a 'big car' which we don't want. Hafta consider A.S.S and costs of spare parts as well. But Elantra is OK as its a Hyundai meaning it'll be cheap.

NHC ruled out even before consideration for simple fact that it ain't powerful and we don't fancy its looks.

Fiesta, well if i'll ever get one, it has to be the petrol. But still, dunno about that.

Aveo, love everything about it except the FE. NOw why i'm leaning so much towards it is cuz.
For 8lakhs(or 8.2lakhs max) i'll get...
ABS, airbags, leather seats, upgraded 15" alloys n rubber, better ICE..and might still have money left for the K&N. And i'll save a lakh too.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Fiesta @ 68bhp ??? Its a shame and would a teen drive a 68bhp car when he is used to a Skoda? NO!

ANd he drives less tahn 1500/month and rarely go for long drives and hence I suggest a petrol car.
JK while with earlier fuel prices, an estimate was if you drive 2k km per month... however with ever increasing fuel prices, and the divide between petrol and diesel increasing, I guess anyone driving 1500 km per month should definitely consider a crdi deisel which gives good driveability.

Last edited by aseem : 4th June 2006 at 22:49.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I am still voting for Scorpio.
Did u ask how much discounts are available on the Elantra CRDi. It may just touch your budget.
Otherwise you have to deicide between Accent Crdi and Aveo. maybe Consider what BoomSHiva Said as an option
after 1lac discount Elantra is 9.13Lac , showroom price. Add 18800 Rs for road tax, and then insurance.

No, Scorpio, as we know how it dances when you take turns. Also, I wont suggest a guy to buy Scorp who is used to the stabilty of a Skoda.

Aseem, Elantra is on teh cards but never a ford diesel. What say Karthik?

Last edited by jkdas : 4th June 2006 at 22:51.
Old 4th June 2006, 23:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

GUYS...
Elantra is 9.8 OTR with leather seats and 9.67 OTR for one without leather seats. And gettin a petrol Elantra doesn't make any sense at all.

Its above budget by a fair margin.

If its the Lancer, i'm only intrested in the Cedia...again above budget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks