Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2006, 23:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Optra out coz of performace and pricing and anyway he is going for teh Aveo 75%

and dont let the sales guy of Aveo read this, coz when karthiks mum asked how wil you compare a Accent and an Aveo, he said Ma'am, Accent is a Korean car and thats it! lol.

And, what I said was , OPel name was dropped to kill its old image. They sure wanted to bring to people mimd that OPel was costly or whatver and Chevrlot was a new brand which wil be cheaper on maintance, better vfm ETC
Old 6th June 2006, 23:46   #77
BHPian

Wait till september for the new Hyundai Elantra version to come out

I would sincerly suggest you wait a few more months because the new Hyundai Elantra looks far far better than the one thats in the showrooms now. It looks like a cross between a Corolla and an Embra. Do a bit of google search if you want to see it how it looks in the metal.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/05/27/s...2702160300.htm
Old 6th June 2006, 23:48   #78
BANNED

We have two Optras and haven't found them to be too expensive yet because everything has been covered under the GM warranty, including some major suspension work on my dad's car at 19,000 kms. By the time the extended warranties are over (4 years), we would have sold the cars. So i guess you can take that into account when you're calculating maintenance costs for Aveo, since it's pretty much the same.
Old 7th June 2006, 03:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

As I said before, y not give petra 1.6, palio adventure a try?

Its equally powerful with a good gearbox and comfort but basic interiors and bad resale. FE from most owners is more than 10kmpl in the city with a/c. Remember that Italian engine are always fun to drive.

ELX with alloys and spoiler and fog lights looks good too.

you can buy two with that kinda budget and its still competing with Aveo.
Old 7th June 2006, 05:45   #80
BHPian

There are so many views but here is one to note.

Go for anything except a Diesel engine. Why?

Okay here it goes:

Diesel is a source of more pollution than petrol due to it's burning less completely than petrol and also diesel produces Nitrogen dioxide NO2 (carcinogen).

If you see black soot on your window sill or in your car be sure that its from diesel and is also NO2 so try to avoid as far as possible.

Diesel engine is required where low speed torque is needed and I think thats NOT your criterion. Even diesel engines cost more on overhaul than petrol enginess.

Even bad is read the report of BBC News just at the end of the section "What causes it?" at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/me...tes/233033.stm

Also diesel cars need servicing more frequently even twice than petrol cars.

Diesel may cost less than petrol but apart from that everything is bigger in diesel starting from alternator, starter, batteries, glow plugs, filters etc etc. Also not to mention petrol cars have a much smoother ride over diesel cars. So at the end apart from cheap fuel everything is expensive.

So consider all factors before before you decide.
Old 7th June 2006, 09:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

9 lacs .......right now...?

• IF you are planning for a new car , I always prefer a car which is not older than 2/3 yrs since launch .
  • That way you can make sure that your model stays for atleast a year and you dont loose much in resale value .
  • Elantra & Accent are both due for replacement.
  • I will never suggest these cars if you are planning for brand news ,
  • If you are so bend on perfomance you'd rather buy a sparingly used from the market coz that way you wont loose much money and the buy will make more sense .
  • Fiesta may be too boring a car.
  • So ideally you should wait for Accent Verna .
  • The new Elantra will be definetely over 10 lacs.
  • It will be loaded to brim to counter Honda Civic.
  • Chevrolet aveo definetely not , its very very boring ...it looks great but its surely not a drivers car .
  • Optra nice car if you are not a guy who cares for spirited drving , but its does have a nice balance between ride/handling.
  • Both these cars suffer from plasticky shifts.Not great if you happen to use gear for braking.
  • I am not going to the petrol side coz after the recent 4 rupee hike...I dont feel secure about its future . Diesel is being widely used in the country for public transport service like train, so they wont hike it like 4 bucks overnight.
  • Moreover after driving Laura and the E280 I kinda prefer diesels.Just waiting for Lamborghinin to release its diesel supercar.
  • Its your money , I just threw in some light .
Old 8th June 2006, 19:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Well...looks like its going to be the Chevrolet Aveo 1.6LT in Red or Amber.
Still not finalised..but will be soon 90%.

Will get it wtih optional pack as well...so totals to 7.8lakhs (minus their OE alloys and music sys) so sould be under 7.5lakhs

Extras...
Alloys from Autopsyche
Yokohama Es-100 205/50 R15s
Two tone leather seats
Mostly JBL or Hertz speakers and cables along with JBL Basstubes
And...a Pio indash DVD HU

Anyways, still to testdrive a Fiesta....will do that as well.
Old 8th June 2006, 23:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247

Extras...
Alloys from Autopsyche
Yokohama Es-100 205/50 R15s
Two tone leather seats
Mostly JBL or Hertz speakers and cables along with JBL Basstubes
And...a Pio indash DVD HU
Bling Bling machine in making..
Do post pics after your purshase+mods..
Old 8th June 2006, 23:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Yea sure...will book the car 2moro in Blazing Red!!
To add to those list of mods are..
Stanley leather seats for 23k
JBL/Blaupunkt amp for speakers
Old 9th June 2006, 06:26   #85
BHPian

Way to go karthik!
This car will surely be a headturner in our city.
Congrats in advance.
Old 9th June 2006, 09:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Yea sure...will book the car 2moro in Blazing Red!!
To add to those list of mods are..
Stanley leather seats for 23k
JBL/Blaupunkt amp for speakers
I knew this answer even before you started your thread - except that I thought you'd go for the Orange. Congrats!
Old 9th June 2006, 12:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

I shouldn't have written the post on petra. I had partially guessed with your weight on the Aveo that you will go for this one.

Congrats on the decision.
Old 9th June 2006, 16:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I shouldn't have written the post on petra. I had partially guessed with your weight on the Aveo that you will go for this one. Congrats on the decision.
Why should he go for a Petra. The car is now 5 years old is up for a change this monsoon(read: September)

It doesnot have ABS/Airbags. It cant match the AVEO in many aspects, like interiors, looks, etc. The ABS/Airbags model Maestro has been discountinued long time back. Plus service of Tata- Fiat is not as good as Chevrolet.

Anywayz karthik47 congrats on your decision. Hope the car is trouble free and you have good time with her
Old 9th June 2006, 23:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Why should he go for a Petra. The car is now 5 years old is up for a change this monsoon(read: September)

It doesnot have ABS/Airbags. It cant match the AVEO in many aspects, like interiors, looks, etc. The ABS/Airbags model Maestro has been discountinued long time back. Plus service of Tata- Fiat is not as good as Chevrolet.

Anywayz karthik47 congrats on your decision. Hope the car is trouble free and you have good time with her

While he likes Aveo and he should go for Aveo, I suggested petra on the following grounds

- most of the cars have already been taken into account and rejected.
- He needs a performance based car
- Its much better on performance and fun to drive than the aveo with stronger tanklike build and similar comfort levels. Space may be low though but then petra is much much more cheaper then Aveo.
-ABS and Airbags option is still available and shows on the website.
- The cars though 5 years old still looks pretty good except for the interiors which can be jazzed up with the remaining money.

But then If he likes Aveo than obviously Aveo makes a better choice for him. Congrats on your new car.
Old 10th June 2006, 00:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hey... Congrats Karthik.... looking forward to seeing the car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks