Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2006, 16:01   #1

Elantra crdi or fiesta tdci ??

Hi pals, My cousin is looking for a good midsize diesel car and he has shorlisted these two ,the Elantra diesel and fiesta diesel .

His budget is between Rs. 8-9 lacs and since he drive 50-60 kms a day ,a diesel is a must for him . He doesnt like the current accent looks and feels its dated and he doesnt want to wait for the new accent either . So ,he is left only with the above two cars and is very confused between these two ..

Now ,the elantra crdi DE costs 9.10 lacs on road (after discounts+extended warranty) and the fiesta is for 8.10 lacs with ABS (after discounts+extended warranty) i suggested him to go for the elantra cos

1) its a segment bigger
2) has a better and powerful engine
3) more spacious
4) cheap spares
5) better A.S.S .

But he cant digest the looks of elantra and feels its outdated too and is more inclined towards buying a fiesta .

Is there any other downside of elantra other than the low rear seat and plain looks ? If yes , please throw some light .

What do you guys say ,should he buy the elantra or fiesta ?

P.S. Guys ,he is a regular visitor of this site(and soon 'll register) ,so he has promised me that he 'll go with the majority . and i am sure you guys too feel the same way .

Thanks .
Old 11th June 2006, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta looks better on the inside. And I like teh Elantra look on teh outside

Fiesta @ 68 bhp vs Elantra @ 112bhp!!!

Of course the Elantra for the reason you said. Maybe put a little more and get the loaded one.
Old 11th June 2006, 16:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

No comparison. Elantra it is. Budget additional 25k for one of Pete's boxes...
Old 11th June 2006, 16:40   #4
BHPian

The elantra has dated boring interiors while fiesta has cheering one.
On looks front in my opinion a Elantra in blue (nautic blue as they call) looks better than this so called fiesta.
Fiesta is very good in fe front returning around 16kmpl (what i have heard) but for elantra as stated in od is 10.9.So fiesta will surely return better fe.But given thet the users daily commute is arnd 50-60 km per day then elantra is a good option as its still better than a petrol car.

Also the elantra is far better in performance front than fiesta.
So in the end if the user is being chauffered then better go for fiesta & if hes is driving himself better go for elantra.

Hyundai has a much better after sles & service than ford also.
Old 12th June 2006, 07:03   #5
BHPian

if you want power - go for elantra........its also a segment higher, so more space, more comfort,etc........but FE will be around 10-12 only, seats you lower (kinda discomfort for me).......accent is dated and there are complaints coming of the fuel pump problems........dont know about the elantra though

if you want FE - go for fiesta........new car, nice interior, FE of 14 & 19 with A/C on the city and highway resp (i have one).......not so interesting looks even though its a new car, but definitely better than elantra (for me).....fully loaded Sxi will cost you more than 8L compared to elantra's more than 10L

if you can wait, you'll have more choices.......accent replacement - verna, new elantra, fusion tdci........if we hadn't bought fiesta tdci, we would have certainly gone for the fusion tdci......... especially considering the fact that, with the excise cut it will be priced around 6-7L........it has a decent boot space compared to other B+ cars like Getz and Swift.....you'll have to see it for yourself.....
Old 12th June 2006, 08:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Elantra is a no-nonsense car here. Its interiors are dated but more spacious. Its exteriors are ugly but well built. Engine is powerful but less refined.

Fiesta on the other hand is the everything you wanted car.

I will go for Elantra. Dated interiors and ugly exteriors can be modded. But Space cannot be increased in the fiesta.
Old 12th June 2006, 08:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Both cars are from different segments arn't they. The Elantra is D Segment and the Fiesta is C+ Segment, so obviously there will be many differences between the two.

And Elantra should score there in terms of performance, safety, comfort and A.S.S
Old 12th June 2006, 08:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

If your cousin does a lot of Highway trips, he should close his eyes and go for the Elantra. A great highway cruiser. Safer, solid and more powerful than the Fiesta. Highway performance very good.

However, if its city only driving, Fiesta is a better bet. City driveability is quite good, infact much better than some of the petrols. Engine much more refined and modern. Fuel efficiency is inherently higher than Elantra, because of the modern 3rd generation Common rail unit.
Old 12th June 2006, 09:14   #9
Team-BHP Support

On the highway, fiesta runs out of breath as its only around 68bhp. Elantra gives you ABS/Airbags loads of power and great ***. Ford cannot hope to match hyundai in *** and cheap spares.
The news accent is due in Sept, so if he cant wait till then, elantra it is!
Old 12th June 2006, 10:13   #10
BHPian

elantra it is!

better power...
better A.S.S...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks