Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2006, 18:08   #46

Plzzzzzzz Guide Me Fast My Loan Person Is Here-----i Have To Decide Right Now.
Old 26th July 2006, 18:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends9811
I Am Still Confused To Go For Which Car? I Have Dropped The Idea About Ford Flair----after Some Of My Friends Insisted Not To Go For This Car. So Now I Have Only Two Better Options, Esteem Lxi Or Accent Gle.
So Plzzzzz Help Me To Decide One Of Them.
Hey friends9811, see your 1st post in this thread - given below
Quote:
well I Want A Three Box Car (mid Size),which Should Be GOOD In Power & Cost Efficient In Maintainance, i Don't Want To Go For Esteem As We Have One In Home, Plzzz Suggest Me What To Do.
You dont want to go for an Esteem - so looks like the choice is Accent. Both are good in power and maintenance. Esteem gives better FE, while Accent would have more space and better interiors and is a bigger car.
Now, you have to decide.
Old 26th July 2006, 18:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
I Am Still Confused To Go For Which Car? I Have Dropped The Idea About Ford Flair----after Some Of My Friends Insisted Not To Go For This Car.
So Now I Have Only Two Better Options, Esteem Lxi Or Accent Gle.
So Plzzzzz Help Me To Decide One Of Them.

Regards
Friends9811.
Why are you zeroing down on the the ESTEEM LXI???? Why not a Esteem VXI??? It still would be cheaper than the Accent GLE by 30-40k.

Also in the Esteem VXI, you get better interiors in terms of much better door pads than the LXI, Rear centre armrest, Fog Lamps, Power Antenna, Body coloured door handles/OVRM's, Rear Spoiler, Height adjustable drivers seat. All these features would be absent in the Accent GLE

Performance wise, the Esteem definately is a better performer with a more refined engine which can be revved upto 6.5k RPM against the 6k RPM mark of the Accent GLE.

Accent has better interiors coz of the Beige scheme. It has slightly more leg room than the Esteem at the rear. Back Seats of both cars are not great though the Accent has a better one than the Esteem .

Maintenence wise, i guess both Esteem and the Accent are nearly equal in terms the money spent during regular seervicing and spare parts cost also is pretty much the same. Maruti has a better network of A** compared with Hyundai but Hyundai is fast catching up.

FE of the Esteem is better than the Accent GLE.

I am suprised you dropped the Ikon Flair from your list coz i feel it is as good as both the other cars you have mentioned.

Anyways, i would suggest you test drive all 3 cars and then deciede. All 3 cars are past their prime and are sure to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Take care and good Luck!

Last edited by prince85 : 26th July 2006 at 18:30.
Old 26th July 2006, 21:21   #49

Dear All,
Thanx For Ur Valuable Advise & Sugesstions---but Now Today Only At 7:30 Pm, I Booked Accent Gle.

Again I Am Deeply Thankfull To You All At Team-bhp.

Thanks & Regards

Friends9811
Old 27th July 2006, 10:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, man. Its a nice car and am sure you will enjoy the drive.
Old 27th July 2006, 10:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
What was this 23 charged for? They could have as well waived off the small change.
Well they charged these for the Windshield washing liquid and the labor cost for that which does not come under the free service scheme. But certain dealerships wont be charging for that too.
Old 27th July 2006, 11:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
Thanx For Ur Valuable Advise & Sugesstions---but Now Today Only At 7:30 Pm, I Booked Accent Gle.

Again I Am Deeply Thankfull To You All At Team-bhp.

Thanks & Regards

Friends9811
It's a good and practical choice. Make sure you dont drive very harsh during the first 5000 kms to obtain maximum FE as well as a long lasting engine. Applies to every car not only to Accent in fact.
Old 27th July 2006, 11:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
It's a good and practical choice. Make sure you dont drive very harsh during the first 5000 kms to obtain maximum FE as well as a long lasting engine. Applies to every car not only to Accent in fact.
Well, usually the running-in period is 1000kms - atleast for Maruti cars as per their manual. I am not sure about Hyundai. When my friend got a Santro, we searched the whole manual for any mention of running-in, but did not find anything. Does you Accent manual mention 5000kms of running-in ?
Old 27th July 2006, 12:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Well, usually the running-in period is 1000kms - atleast for Maruti cars as per their manual. I am not sure about Hyundai. When my friend got a Santro, we searched the whole manual for any mention of running-in, but did not find anything. Does you Accent manual mention 5000kms of running-in ?
Yes i guess its 5000 kms. But got a doubt when you asked specifically. Will check again. But I think they've adviced in the manual not to do harsh braking for the first 5000 kms. Will have a check once again...
Old 27th July 2006, 13:22   #55
BHPian

Congrats ! ! !

hey congrats mann ! ! ! Hope you have a wonderful time with your car....

btw speedbuster: The base model of Aveo will have A/C, but will not have a heater.......
Old 27th July 2006, 17:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
But I think they've adviced in the manual not to do harsh braking for the first 5000 kms. Will have a check once again...
I think hard braking is not advised for the first 500 kms and not for the first 5k kms. Correct me if i am wrong
Old 28th July 2006, 11:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I think hard braking is not advised for the first 500 kms and not for the first 5k kms. Correct me if i am wrong
No you're right. I was wrong, sorry. Referred the manual. It's written that the running-in period is 1500 kms and should avoid over revving (keep below 2500 to 3000 rpm) and to use gear freely (avoid knocking) during this period. Harsh braking should be avoided for the first 800 kms rather than the 500 kms you've mentioned.

What color you've taken? It'll look sporty if you paint the door handles, waist mouldings and rear view mirrors body colored. I just mentioned, its your personal taste.

All the best!!!!!Have a wonderful time....
Old 5th September 2013, 19:14   #58

Re: Want To Buy New Car ----- Plz Suggest

Dear All,

Greetings, It has been almost 7 years when i last time bought my new car [Accent GLE] with all your valuable inputs.. now the time has again come to start this exercise once again request you all to suggest/advise for the same...

1. My budget is around 6.50 Lacs
2. My daily running is around 80kms (Delhi ncr)
3. We have small family {2 adults/2 children}
4. I am looking for car with good looks, advanced features, safety & economical on running & maintainance.
5. Have checked Swift zxi, i20 sports, but i am really not able to decide.

Regards
Old 5th September 2013, 21:35   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends9811 View Post
1. My budget is around 6.50 Lacs
2. My daily running is around 80kms (Delhi ncr)
3. We have small family {2 adults/2 children}
4. I am looking for car with good looks, advanced features, safety & economical on running & maintainance.
5. Have checked Swift zxi, i20 sports, but i am really not able to decide.

Regards
Hi buddy,

A few questions I want to know the answer for:

1) Are you looking for a Hatchback or a Sedan?

2) Since you daily drive is 80 kms, I feel the car would be a Diesel engine or you want a petrol?

Find the price list for the Hatchbacks (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
Want To Buy New Car ----- Plz Suggest-hatchback.jpg

Find the price list for the Sedans (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
Want To Buy New Car ----- Plz Suggest-sedan.jpg

Source: Official Test & Review's of Team-BHP.

If you want a Hatcback:
1) i20 Sport
2) Swift ZXi
3) Polo (If you can stretch your budget) - Looks fab in the hatchback segment.

If you want a Sedan:
1) Honda Amaze
2) Maruti Dzire
3) Toyota Etios or Chevrolet Sail.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:55   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

80 kms daily drive means you should go only for a diesel car with the ever increasing fuel prices. With a budget of 6.5L OTR there is only one car that fits your requirements of being a spacious, fun to drive, has ABS/Dual Airbags, ICE with BT connectivity for phone too, steering controls for audio etc. If you haven't already guessed then the car I am talking about is the Figo Diesel Titanium. It will nicely fit in that 6.5L budget.

If you need to buy a Sedan then you will have to increase your budget.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks