Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2014, 23:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No BSI if also offered on basis of kms. They have 5 year/60k kms and 5 year/1L kms. They have even introduced a 6 year/1.2L kms pack now. Obviously the rate goes up with every pack.

My car is just a month old and touchwood no punctures yet. Basically even if it gets punctured, it can be repaired normally like any tubeless tyre. Whats different is the side wall of these RFTs. Its more prone to get damaged than a regular tubeless and once sidewall is damaged the tyre is useless just like any tubeless tyre too. Anyways BMW secure allows you 4 tyre changes a year in which you are charged some money depending upon the condition of your tyre.

I did not opt for any underbody or paint protection. None of my cars till date have had any issues on these fronts and hence I feel it is a waste of money.
Very useful information. So I'll definitely extend the BSI after 2 years as I also want to convert it from BSI+ to BSI Ultimate which includes warranty.

Are u sure that the RFTs can be repaired even if its not a sidewall puncture? I think after running them for 40 kms to 200 kms depending on the load in the car, i dont think they are fit to be used further. I guess one needs to buy their spare wheel and change the wheel like in a normal car if there is a puncture and get it fixed for reuse. I dont think that the tyre will be fit for use if its driven after being punctured.
This is purely my guess.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:54   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post

Are u sure that the RFTs can be repaired even if its not a sidewall puncture? I think after running them for 40 kms to 200 kms depending on the load in the car, i dont think they are fit to be used further. I guess one needs to buy their spare wheel and change the wheel like in a normal car if there is a puncture and get it fixed for reuse. I dont think that the tyre will be fit for use if its driven after being punctured.
This is purely my guess.
You are correct. I think you misunderstood me. The RFT tyre enable you to drive on for almost another 100 kms with a flat tyre. Also a RFT tyre would never burst and hence is safe in high speed driving. If you get a fully flat tyre and you keep on driving for 100 kms or so then you will have to change the tyre. But that is rarely ever necessary. Usually as soon as you get a puncture, you will get to know as the car will get heavier and will pull, just like with regular tubeless tyres. Also the cars TPMS will show pressure decreasing in that tyre. So in this case instead of going on driving for 100 kms, all you need to do is to just stop at the next Puncture repair shop and get the tyre fixed. Within city limits you can find a puncture repair shop at every couple of kms I guess. And even on highways they are easily available. In these scenarios you can continue using your tyre.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Any tips on cheaper car loan schemes from nationalised banks or so?
I am in favour of taking a car loan only from State Bank of India. People may have a perception of their taking long time in disbursing, but the fact is otherwise. I have always taken car loans from them. The major advantages are:

1. Quick disbursing from the branch itself
2. Direct interaction with the Branch Manager
3. Lower rate of interest
4. Interest on daily reducing balance
5. No-prepayment or part payment penalty
6. NOC for removal of Hypothecation given same day from Branch
7. Hassle free and friendly environment

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd January 2014 at 02:20. Reason: fixed quotes
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Quote:
Any tips on cheaper car loan schemes from nationalised banks or so?
I am in favour of taking a car loan only from State Bank of India. People may have a perception of their taking long time in disbursing, but the fact is otherwise. I have always taken car loans from them. The major advantages are:

1. Quick disbursing from the branch itself
2. Direct interaction with the Branch Manager
3. Lower rate of interest
4. Interest on daily reducing balance
5. No-prepayment or part payment penalty
6. NOC for removal of Hypothecation given same day from Branch
7. Hassle free and friendly environment
I believe the Rate of interest is not fixed but floating which is the biggest drawback

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd January 2014 at 02:20. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:

I believe the Rate of interest is not fixed but floating which is the biggest drawback
Even then it turns out to be cheaper because the interest is calculated on daily reducing balance. Other banks offer at monthly reducing balance. The processing fee is the lowest among all banks. If you are an HNI customer, they waive the processing fee as this is within the discretionary powers of the Branch manager.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd January 2014 at 02:21. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 3rd January 2014, 01:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Even then it turns out to be cheaper because the interest is calculated on daily reducing balance. Other banks offer at monthly reducing balance. The processing fee is the lowest among all banks. If you are an HNI customer, they waive the processing fee as this is within the discretionary powers of the Branch manager.
If there are no payments apart from the EMIs, the difference between daily and monthly is miniscule.
But I'll check out the scheme from SBI.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd January 2014 at 02:22. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 4th January 2014, 09:29   #52
BHPian

Very very informative thread.
I am contemplating between Q3 premium plus and X1 xline models.

X1
Offered with 4.2L discount on ex showroom. So the actual discount is quite more making it 38.18 on road with BMW secure. But BSI is additional.

The colors are limited. I found x1 better equipped internally with loads of features. Have to TD it today for noise, vibration, steering stiffness and ride quality. This is only on 2013 stocks so I will be taking the keys with depreciated value.

Q3
Won't go into much detail but it's on road is 43L.
No navigation, and plan simple features internally. Outside looks are gorgeous. They also said this is CDK kit after October 2013. So they will get it registered as 2014 yr of make and 2014 registration. ????? Confused. How is that possible.

The x1 offer is only till today as 2014 prices have gone up. They also have the bullet scheme which gives you EMI of less amount for 11 months and 12th month EMI being massive each year.
Let let you know how it goes. Any suggestions -and advice?

Anup
Old 4th January 2014, 12:45   #53
BHPian

Sharad,
Congrats.... have been following yr thread closely. Eagerly awiting your reviewof the X1. Come March 2014, I will also be moving the small SUV way. My daily week day running would be 80 km then with a litle bit of dirt road driving and i think that would warrant a diesel automatic.

Last edited by rxpaul : 4th January 2014 at 12:47.
Old 4th January 2014, 18:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Very very informative thread.
I am contemplating between Q3 premium plus and X1 xline models.

X1
Offered with 4.2L discount on ex showroom. So the actual discount is quite more making it 38.18 on road with BMW secure. But BSI is additional.

The colors are limited. I found x1 better equipped internally with loads of features. Have to TD it today for noise, vibration, steering stiffness and ride quality. This is only on 2013 stocks so I will be taking the keys with depreciated value.

Q3
Won't go into much detail but it's on road is 43L.
No navigation, and plan simple features internally. Outside looks are gorgeous. They also said this is CDK kit after October 2013. So they will get it registered as 2014 yr of make and 2014 registration. ????? Confused. How is that possible.

The x1 offer is only till today as 2014 prices have gone up. They also have the bullet scheme which gives you EMI of less amount for 11 months and 12th month EMI being massive each year.
Let let you know how it goes. Any suggestions -and advice?

Anup
Hi Anup
X1 xlines are fully loaded and I felt is better than Q3 in my opinion. I didnt TD the Q3 but my research indicates that its not as powerful as X1.
Monthly scheme for the month of Jan is not announced by BMW and this BSI plus free scheme could still come again.
Also, If you are being offered a car from the dealer's stock, then you can negotiate even after today as price hike doesnt hit the dealer. Also, since the year has changed from 2013 to 2014, you should demand higher discounts.
But I am glad to be in Gurgaon as compared to 38L, the X1 sportsline was offered here at around 31 OTR plus free BSI plus.
Lastly, if you are from corporate sector or a doctor/lawyer etc, there should be a 5L corporate discount not 4.2L.

Jan Month's Finance scheme which I had got are as follows and it will continue for full month:

Finance Amount 22,00,000 INR
1 NORMAL SCHEME :

5 YEARS SCHEME 46,184 INR X 60 EMI (ROI 9.48%)

6 YEARS SCHEME 40,783 INR X 72 EMI (ROI 10.02%)

7 YEARS SCHEME 36,791 INR X 84 EMI (ROI 10.24%)

2 BULLET SCHEME :

5 YEARS SCHEME 37,276 INR X 55 EMI (ROI 9.56%)
1,50,000 INR X 05 EMI ( EVERY 12th MONTH )

6 YEARS SCHEME 31,423 INR X 66 EMI (ROI 10.09%)
1,50,000 INR X 06 EMI ( EVERY 12th MONTH )

7 YEARS SCHEME 27,088 INR X 77 EMI (ROI 10.29%)
1,50,000 INR X 07 EMI ( EVERY 12th MONTH )

3 BALLOON SCHEME :

5 YEARS SCHEME 39,226 INR X 59 EMI (ROI 9.78%)
LAST EMI IS 6,00,000 INR (60th EMI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Sharad,
Congrats.... have been following yr thread closely. Eagerly awiting your reviewof the X1. Come March 2014, I will also be moving the small SUV way. My daily week day running would be 80 km then with a litle bit of dirt road driving and i think that would warrant a diesel automatic.
Tks Rxpaul. Right now I'm also eagerly awaiting to lay my hands on my dream.

Your needs clearly points in the direction of X1

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 4th January 2014 at 18:39.
Old 7th January 2014, 21:20   #55
BHPian

That sure was a steal! The Elantra can not even come close to the pleasures the X1 will provide you. Firstly, its too underpowered to be enjoyed, then its suspension setup is more for comfort, then its steering isn't very direct either. And the Elantra is also about to get a facelift sometime this year, which might include an OLED screen, rear cooling seats etc. So buying an Elantra pre-facelift could also be a deal breaker. Infact, the X1 is better for you, than the 3 series too. With the potholed roads of Gurgaon, you could have faced problems with its low ride height and the cramped streets too because of it's dimensions. The X1 is higher, smaller and better for Urban use. You got the best deal, congratulations!
Old 12th January 2014, 16:00   #56
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I'm in a dilemma to buy the space saver spare wheel or not?
Do i need to buy jack etc separately?
Old 19th January 2014, 21:56   #57
BHPian

Finally got the baby home today at an incredible 16.3 Km/L mileage.
Didnt go for spare wheel as dealer convinced me that its not really needed.
Will post details in the ownership thread
sharadmumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 06:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new X1! Hope you have miles and miles of trouble free and pleasurable driving. Pics awaited.
Old 20th January 2014, 07:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car! and from your display picture, I see that it is a good choice of colour too

cheers!
Old 20th January 2014, 08:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Didnt go for spare wheel as dealer convinced me that its not really needed.
Will post details in the ownership thread
Congrats on the car.
I don't think your dealer is going to be around to help you if you happen to drive further than 200 km away from the dealership and the tyre has a blowout or a puncture, you would be completely on your own.Safer to have bought just the space saver tire. The jack set is way too expensive from bmw. You may get away by using a third party jack as long as you jack up the car and test the jack before buying it from outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks