Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:39   #1
BHPian

Ford Fusion or Hyundai Accent?

I am confused between these two. They are both available for price around 6L base versions. My usage is under 1000K/Month. Should comfortably seat 5. Must be comfortable... less maintenance. Its my first car. Please advise. Thank you.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:18   #2
BHPian

For Sheer Driving pleasure - Fusion
For comfortable space for 5 - Fusion
For good handling/braking and power - Fusion
For uniqueness on the Road - Fusion

For Low Maintenance and peace of mind - Accent

in 6l range, you can even get the base baleno/Fiat adventure 1.6, which are also good drivers car.

take a test drive of all the cars, will be easy for you to decide.

take your pick.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman
I am confused between these two. They are both available for price around 6L base versions. My usage is under 1000K/Month. Should comfortably seat 5. Must be comfortable... less maintenance. Its my first car. Please advise. Thank you
Both are good cars in their own right. First the issues with each.
Fusion is not really doing great in the market and there are rumours of it being produced only by-order. This could affect your resale prices later. But the advantage is you get great discounts. It gives you a higher seating position + good looks etc. Being a Ford, maintenance costs might be on the higher side.

The Accent on the other hand, did really well in the market. But now is almost at the end of its lifecycle, with chances of a new Accent coming in any time. Maintenance costs would be cheap. Again, if a new Accent is coming, you could squeeze out quite some discounts.

You did not mention whether FE is crucial to you. Still, FE-wise, the Accent returns around 10kmpl in city and around 14kmpl on highways (both figures are with AC on always). Don't know about Fusion FE, but should be close to these figures or a little lesser.

Based on your requirements (Should comfortably seat 5. Must be comfortable... less maintenance) and assuming your budget is around 6L, the other options are Fiat Adventure, Baleno, Petra etc.
If you can stretch your budget by a lac or more, the New Honda City should be within reach.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 23rd June 2006 at 13:42.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fusion? Or Fiesta?. Start with a new model coz you gonna hold to it for soemtime. Hyundai is known for VFM though. But many are not happy with its rear seat arrangement.

Test drive both.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2006 at 13:50.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:53   #5
BHPian

Thank you. Is Fusion bad on FE? The sales person says that none of his customers have reported mileage less then 12 KMPL.

I don't think TATA sell's PETRA's and I am not aware of a FIAT dealers in Bangalore. I do want to have a go at Petra but I don't know if I can in Bangalore.

I was looking at Santro and Swift and have already made a switch from 4.5 to 6. Another price stretch will be little too much for me.
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude, do "search". There are threads which woudl answer ALL your queries and if I remember correctly, two TBHPians went on to buy Petra and an Adevnture in teh past month ; yes at Bangy.

Search.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Fusion bad on FE? The sales person says that none of his customers have reported mileage less then 12 KMPL.
I feel the mileage mentioned is a little too high. Get inputs from owners instead of trusting the salespersons glib talk.

Quote:
I don't think TATA sell's PETRA's and I am not aware of a FIAT dealers in Bangalore. I do want to have a go at Petra but I don't know if I can in Bangalore.
As far as I am aware, Tata does not sell Petra. But there must be Fiat dealers in B'lore selling Petra. And there are quite some Petra owners on tbhp from B'lore who can help you out.

Quote:
I was looking at Santro and Swift and have already made a switch from 4.5 to 6. Another price stretch will be little too much for me.
Oh, OK. I did not know that. Again, in 6L itself, you have quite some options. BTW, why did you opt out of Swift ? That's a nice hatch and for 5L odd, you could get the top-end Swift with safety features, ABS etc and a new car too. Or is it that you require a boot quite often ?
Check out the Baleno and Adventure too - they also come in your 6L budget.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

adventure is available at Javali Motors (fiat Dealer) who also sell Petras.

Adv. is also available at Prerna, Manipal and concorde, who are tata fiat dealers in bangalore
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Palio Petrols (both 1.2 and 1.6) and Adventure (1.6 Petrol) are available at all Tata and Fiat dealers at Bangalore. But if you want to test Petras (1.2, 1.6 Petrols and 1.9 diesel) and Palio D, you need to go to the Fiat dealer itself. Ofcourse, Fiat dealer also sells other Fiat cars which the Tata dealers sell.

The Tata dealers are:
Concorde Motors
Prerna Motors
Manipal Motors

The sole Fiat dealer is:
Javali Motors.

Hope this helps.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:42   #10
BHPian

Hey Aeroman,

Well, as ppl have been telling, Fusion sure is a nice car, but i hate the indicator switch being on the left side!!! argh!

Compared to the Accent, the mileage is aroudn a kmpl less, but soon they coming out with Diesel Fusion, and the new model Fusion looks even better!
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

yup; if its gonna be a Fusion, wait for teh new one. And so check Fiat's
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:09   #12
BHPian

hi, actually you have zeroed in on cars which are due for upgrades fusion upholstry would be revsamed plus new bumpers and price is likely to remain same, actually looking at your monthly run 1000k, new fusion makes sense, avg you can expect is 9.5 to 12, that apart the engine is so much fun, accent doest not make much sense now, maybe wait for verna but at your budget fusion looks better choice. pls dont check fiat adventure it will numb your mind and your heart will yearn for it, thats the ,magic of fiat

all the best

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

must be a car, see four tyres

Last edited by fight_club : 23rd June 2006 at 19:10.
Old 23rd June 2006, 23:39   #13
BHPian

ha ha ha punka23, belive me that was something, on a serious not ford spares are expensive, but i owned an ikon for four years and still have both the kidneys intact, now the point is with just 1000km to over in a day does disel really make sense, accent petrol and fusion will give him similar avg. ya fusion would be a little expensive to own, but it gives you a totally new dimension very capable engine although fusion shares same engine but gearing has been changed to increase FE, check out the pick of face lifted fusion you will agree that interiors look much better, the door problem has been solved long ago man,
i dont want to offend accent owners over here but driving pleasure is something which is uncomparable with ford,
ya new accent is definetly worth waiting but i guess it will be costly then the budget he is having.

take a test drive of fusion you know what i mean because i drove my friends once till pune and was absolutly thrilled with the engine it has miles of torqe
Old 24th June 2006, 15:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Fusion Or Accent

Hai there,

There are 147 people discussing Fusion, mostly owners. Many lament problems with the car, most just love driving it, that includes me. The URL:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/fordfusion/

Yes, there are problems, small ones so far, mostly pleasure and a wonderful car.

The milage is around 11 in city and 15 on the highway (if you use the pedals carefully and keep the tacho under 3.5 k), the seating, vision around and zip (above 1.5K rpm) is awesome.

I also test drove the accent & was on the top of the list, before I chose for Fusion. About the spares, you have 3 years coverage and God's gift called insurance for most of the expensive spares!!!!!! Some of the things one can do with insurance cannot be discussed on the BB

Yes, fusion will have a face lift too and a probable 18 mm reduction in length to quality for the tax exeptions and later in the year a diesel too on the way. The facelifted one is sure to hit by end of July, the fenders changed along with aquare headlights and dual tone interiors. The price is likely to remain more or less the same.

All the best in your hunt and decide after test driving,

--Ramky

--------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 24th June 2006 at 15:29.
Old 24th June 2006, 15:42   #15
BHPian

well if u are depending on Insurance to clear ur accident bills, then please keep in mind, Electronics, Plastics and Glass. they give only 50%!!! now even if insurance pays for my Laura's Headlights (Headlight cost = Rs.40,000 and Bulbs cost Rs.10,000/-) i still have to shell around 30,000!!! so seriously, if u think ur driving is gonna be rough and all, then avoid it totally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks