Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 19:52   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

You may want to consider the I 10 Grand Sedan which will arrive mid 2014.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 19:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Diesel Car below 10 L INR

As of today, I would say POLO GT 1.6 TDI should be the Hot Hatch.
Though it is little higher on maintenance front, you forget all that the moment you sit in the drivers seat.

As someone rightly said: You only have one life to live. Feel it!!
Old 10th January 2014, 20:37   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasu1976 View Post
...Currently when I travel with my family (4 nos some times 5 nos), WagonR is not so comfortable mainly when I need to travel for long distances of 800 Kms to 1200 Kms.

At some point kids and family members tends to relax or sleep and frankly my WagonR isn't too comfortable but as you suggested I will look at Petrol vehicles instead of diesel.
I can relate to what you are saying. For your running, a petrol will make more sense.

Quote:
... BTW, request a quick suggestion. Will buying a diesel car help if I travel around 1000 Kms per month ?..
To be honest, at the current pricing, even a 1000 kms would NOT warrant a diesel car.

Quote:
...I assume going for Etios petrol makes sense, kindly suggest me if there are better vehicles which give good mileage. I am a heavy weight champion and I really love the seating in my WagonR.
Ask anyone and they will pitch in for a Etios petrol over the diesel. So I suggest it if you like it. I think there are some ownership reports for Etios petrol here.

The facelifted version comes with comfortable seats from what I read on the forum. Please do give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You may want to consider the I 10 Grand Sedan which will arrive mid 2014.
You could also try this car. The petrol engine should be the 1.2 kappa which is known to be one of the best! The car launches on 4 Feb. This could be a very good proposition from Hyundai. But ownership costs may NOT be lesser than a Toyota.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2014 at 20:40.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Could you also suggest me other vehicles in this range. I am mainly looking for a) drive and seating comfort b) boot space c) safety features d) Mileage e) Maintenance expenses f) resale value
-Srini
As others have suggested, I do not think your running justifies a diesel. But if you have made up your mind, I will not contest as its individual choice. Looking at your preferences, there are only a few cars that fit your need. It also helps that you are in Bangalore. Thanks to the exorbitant taxes, you can narrow down the choices further as most of the cars cross 10L OTR on their top guises. The choices would be the Amaze, Etios and the Sunny/Scala. I would not recommend the Verito as you are going to keep the car for long and its already an old car (Although this one is an ideal choice along with the Etios D)

Quote:
Hatchbacks are good but till its a small family when you have to travel with 5 members with good luggage you would know the pain, so this was the reason I was looking for Sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is NO way a Dzire would suit you for this. Please refer to "Comfortable Entry Level Sedan" thread in this very same section for options.
As swiftnitrous mentioned above, don't even consider Dzire if your preferences are space and boot space. It is no where near the other choices in terms of space or boot space. At 316 litres, it's boot space is smaller than the Honda Jazz and in the i20 territory and miniscule by "sedan" standards. Happy Hunting.
Old 11th January 2014, 12:57   #110

Re: Comfortable Entry Level Sedan - Etios / Verito / Sail / Manza / Sunny?

It seems that Toyota has released the upgraded versions of Etios and Liva. The changes are observed primarily on the interiors, front grill and back tail lights.

Engine and build remains the same, as suggested by some of the BHPians to consider petrol I see that Etios petrol gives nothing more than 13 KMPL though the company claims 17 KMPL. 13 KMPL is disastrous

At the same time considering Diesel sedan makes more sense at this point in time. Even though Diesel prices increase the mileage still matters the most.
Old 15th January 2014, 13:30   #111
BHPian

If you do maths, you will not be able to justify diesel car cost as per your requirements.

But another aspect is diesel car would be torqy with better did drivability with a better resale.
Old 15th January 2014, 18:51   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...At the same time considering Diesel sedan makes more sense at this point in time. Even though Diesel prices increase the mileage still matters the most.
End of the day, the owner's happiness matters more than the accounts / statistics! So if you feel you are going to be happier with a diesel, you should go ahead and buy one.

For a diesel car too, this thread would definitely help you with the choices. Do let us know of the outcome.
Old 15th January 2014, 22:17   #113

Agree and thanks to all the folks who have advised me on petrol and diesel versions.

I finally booked a Etios VD SP, though I didnt do much of maths and stats I felt that the resale value and mileage are also things that need to be looked into and truly I have seen only 1 or 2 out of 50 reviews saying that Etios Petrol gives 13 in city.

One of my friend had to get rid of his petrol SX4 for a mere 3.25L despite of maintaining it so nicely. He then preferred a diesel sedan.

Like many in the forum have suggested going with the math, I see that in many a situations we compromise with maths. Some are good for calculation but some times you dont really look for break even and prefer pleasure just like an iPhone and Micromax

Not to hurt anyone but thanks each one of you who guided me.
srinivasu1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 17:38   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Agree and thanks to all the folks who have advised me on petrol and diesel versions.

I finally booked a Etios VD SP, though I didnt do much of maths and stats I felt that the resale value and mileage are also things that need to be looked into and truly I have seen only 1 or 2 out of 50 reviews saying that Etios Petrol gives 13 in city.

One of my friend had to get rid of his petrol SX4 for a mere 3.25L despite of maintaining it so nicely. He then preferred a diesel sedan.
Good decision though I used to be a petrolhead. But as I mentioned above, torque, driveability & resale tilts the equation in diesel's favour.

Quote:
Some are good for calculation but some times you dont really look for break even and prefer pleasure just like an iPhone and Micromax
Aah !!! iPhone and Micromax, pleasure in iPhone is debatable and some would still prefer Micromax but then it's OT here
Old 20th January 2014, 09:14   #115
BHPian

[quote=srinivasu1976;3345607

[/QUOTE]

Since you were inclined to diesel, its a good decision. It's a beautiful car and you would be amazed by its low maintenance cost. Congratulations for your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks