Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: GXI or VTEC
GXI 23 51.11%
VTEC 22 48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Well you driving those two times also matters if you really like (love) to drive.. The main differentiation factor is the Fuel efficiency here.. but I think it is marginal.. I've been driving a VTEC and the worst that I have got is 12.8 and compare this to a GXI would be 1.5km max.. but if you love driving just go in for VTEC, I'll assure you will not regret..
Old 29th June 2006, 00:31   #17
BHPian

well manna, you are so lucky that you donot have much of a deliman, i guess for you gxi, sounds good, but look at poor me, i will get delivery of vtech, in 3 day time , i have ikon 1.6 which i dont feel like selling and as if this is not enough every now and then i feel like getting one palio 1.6 sports as it keep coming in my dreams,
Old 29th June 2006, 00:42   #18
BANNED

i have a cvt for 5 months now. each tank goes above 400kms. very happy with the car for sure. vtec i loved the alloys and the meter only thats about it. GXI for u for sure
Old 29th June 2006, 01:38   #19
BANNED

I think GXi will be more than enough for your needs. It's a good car, and if your parents are being driven 400 kms a week (1600 kms a month), the additional 10-15% extra fuel efficiency will give them good savings.
Old 16th July 2006, 14:31   #20
BHPian

I would suggest the GXi for you.
Also,you can always fit in after market Double DIN player for your parents,since the Alpine Double DIN upgrade directly from the Honda dealer would be much more expensive than what you'll pay for the upgrade outside.
By the way -man..I'm quite surprised to know about these Honda discounts !..I wasn't given a penny off on my NHC CVT,even after trying a lot !..(purchased in June 2005) ..exact on-road price was paid !

-sr
Old 16th July 2006, 16:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
By the way -man..I'm quite surprised to know about these Honda discounts !..I wasn't given a penny off on my NHC CVT,even after trying a lot !..(purchased in June 2005) ..exact on-road price was paid !

-sr
hey manaa, GXI is good; i get about 475 km per full tank of petrol and that is for CVT (around 13 kmpl); with manual transmission, you will get about 15 kmpl.

Hey sr and others, thats what i was told as well; i got 10k off. They said that if you are working with some of the BIG companies - Wipro, Infosys, Accenture types, then you can get about 25k off; they have a list of about 20 - 30 companies who qualify for the higher discounts based on volume (i.e., no. of cars purchased per month). In addition to the discounts that the dealers give, the finance companies will also give discounts - i think they offer 1 EMI worth - either you can get 1st years insurance off or 1 EMI off - but you need to negotiate that with the finance company separately. i think honda dealers are offering more discounts this month than they did when i booked the car 2 months ago.
Old 16th July 2006, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Manaa, go for the Gxi for your parents.
As I understand, its going to be chauffered, and for those twice a week self-drives, you'll find the Gxi more than adequate. And FE too (my 5 mth Gxi consistently returns 13 kmpl in city , a/c 100% on).
Just look around the market and you'll find MP3 track substitutes for all those old cassette tapes. That way u dont even have to go for the 2 DIN player.
(PS: u could hand in the tapes and get discounts on that satellite radio receiver! - read that ad recently).
Fog lights - don't need them in Mumbai (yet )
Disc brakes - no big deal (esp. for a chauffeur-driven car..)
Alloys - can always be exchanged at purchase for some extra amount
Go for VTec only if ur a performance enthusiast/care for the snob value.
And congrats on the discounts u extracted from the dealer - I could'nt get any!

Last edited by Poseidon : 16th July 2006 at 22:35.
Old 17th July 2006, 01:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Go for GXi. THe NHC design wise is not suited to spirited driving. A VTEC in the NHC is suicidal!
Old 17th July 2006, 11:48   #24
BHPian

this is becoming confusing for me, but if i go for NHC then i will surely go in for GXI and then invest in alloys incase dad agrees and may be ask them to give me double din player instead of single din player.

on second thoughts may wait for new accent.

but thks all of u for suggestions. still waiting for more.

Shubbhi
Old 17th July 2006, 11:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its a no brainer Manaa. The car is primarily for your parents, so I say go for the GXi . It suits the purpose better unless offcourse you have devilish plans of your own, then the Vtec would be better ;-)
Old 17th July 2006, 12:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
so I say go for the GXi . It suits the purpose better unless offcourse you have devilish plans of your own, then the Vtec would be better ;-)
hahah, nc, looking at the history of our family, i m thinking of future , may be 4 yrs from the time we buy a nhc vtec, it would eventually come down to me. so u can call these devilish.

Shubbhi
Old 17th July 2006, 13:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
i m thinking of future , may be 4 yrs from the time we buy a nhc vtec, it would eventually come down to me. so u can call these devilish.
4 years ? Even a govt doesnt last that long better get a GXi. 4 years on - the VTEC will be kinda old
Old 18th July 2006, 11:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Look at it this way. If you buy a VTEC and if you see another GXI on the road, would you be envious of the other car ? Obviously No! However, reverse the scenario and imaging yourself driving a GXI while another dude on VTEC passes by you in a blur ... Alright, I am exaggerating but I hope you get the point.

Go with your dil for buying the car and use your dimag while buying groceries
Old 18th July 2006, 14:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
If you buy a VTEC and if you see another GXI on the road, would you be envious of the other car ? Obviously No! However, reverse the scenario and imaging yourself driving a GXI while another dude on VTEC passes by you in a blur ... Alright, I am exaggerating but I hope you get the point.
Hondadude - I would agree if it was a OHC Vtec but NHC Vtec..now chance of being envious.
Old 19th July 2006, 11:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Hondadude - I would agree if it was a OHC Vtec but NHC Vtec..now chance of being envious.
Well, the choice is between NHC and NHC - VTEC ...

By the way, my wife has NHC Gxi and I drive it every once in a while. It allows me to appreciate my car (OHC VTEC) that much more.

Most Viewed