VTEC 22 48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2006, 16:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathinrao
though GXI dosen't have the performance of the Vtech,

This reminds me of an incident, a colleague of mine wanted to purchase a NHC GXI & requested me to organize for a test drive.

I had arranged for the same. He did the test drive & said he was happy about the car. Also he insisted for second round of test drive same evening along with his family. The same was fullfilled.

He decided to goahead with the purchase

But the fact is that he was given demo with NHC vtech in the morning & with GXI in the evening.

When I checked with him, he honestly accepted he was not able to find any difference between those two in terms of performance.

Also he added that he was very happy with his decision of going with GXI saying " if I could not even find the performance difference,Iam sure iam not going to use it"
Old 19th July 2006, 16:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise

This reminds me of an incident, a colleague of mine wanted to purchase a NHC GXI & requested me to organize for a test drive.

I had arranged for the same. He did the test drive & said he was happy about the car. Also he insisted for second round of test drive same evening along with his family. The same was fullfilled.

He decided to goahead with the purchase

But the fact is that he was given demo with NHC vtech in the morning & with GXI in the evening.

When I checked with him, he honestly accepted he was not able to find any difference between those two in terms of performance.

Also he added that he was very happy with his decision of going with GXI saying " if I could not even find the performance difference,Iam sure iam not going to use it"
I believe he might have driven around in the city traffic and stayed below 2500 rpm at all times. Both engines have the same amount of low-end torque and are very much driveable in city traffic at around 1500-2500 rpm.

The VTEC comes into picture only above 2500 rpm. And yes, if you are not a spirited driver, you wont notice the difference.

OT: how come he didnt notice the difference in the interiors between the two - I thought the silver console, optitron meter, and stereo are tough to miss ?

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 19th July 2006 at 16:44.
Old 19th July 2006, 19:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
OT: how come he didnt notice the difference in the interiors between the two - I thought the silver console, optitron meter, and stereo are tough to miss ?
Infact I did wrote about that in my previous post, but deleted as I don't want to post a big OT.

He did told me that he found few difference on cosmetics between those two cars he drove, since he was not able to recollect it, he left it assuming it was his perception.

Last edited by Surprise : 19th July 2006 at 19:11.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:49   #34
BHPian

thks a lot all of you for all the suggestions

we have finalised on a GXI and would be taking the delivery by Ganpati

secondly this is the deal that i m gettiing

i m opting for finance amount of 538000 so 5 % finance discount on this amount and secondly i m getting a dealer discount of 20000 rs and no accesories.

the only problem i m facing here is that GXI comes with a single DIN player and my parents for whom the car is have a vast collection of cassettes cannot use them in a single DIN player. so i m looking for double din player in place of single din alpine player which comes as stock. can any body suggest how much it will cost me and from where in mumbai can i buy a good one with warranty.

waiting for ur suggestions

thks in advance

Shubbhi
Old 30th August 2006, 14:24   #35
BHPian

it has happened finally, v have taken the delivery for our NHC GXI, grt car, peppy to drive, good pick up, will post a report after some thousand kms,

got a total discount of 20000+26900 = 46900.

i got my insurance done from my agent of united india, with whom all our cars are insured, so got a discount of 2000 rs on that amount too.

over all happy with the deal as now the dealer discount is only 7500 rs.

Shubbhi
Old 30th August 2006, 19:20   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, Manaa! You definitely struck a hard bargain - congrats on that too!!
Old 10th September 2006, 01:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
it has happened finally, v have taken the delivery for our NHC GXI, grt car, peppy to drive, good pick up, will post a report after some thousand kms,

got a total discount of 20000+26900 = 46900.

i got my insurance done from my agent of united india, with whom all our cars are insured, so got a discount of 2000 rs on that amount too.

over all happy with the deal as now the dealer discount is only 7500 rs.

Shubbhi
Hey Manaa...first of all congrats on your new car !!!

Can you pls let me know what was the on-road price of the car in Mumbai and how much did you finally end up paying - giving a breakup of your own money and loan taken would help.

Also, would appreciate if you can let me know the financier for your loan and the tenure, interest charged, monthly emi, etc.

So long till then, enjoy the new car smell

~A

Most Viewed